Platform
PC
Thanks Otters really looking forward to this update, lot of cool new stuff

Small changes that i really appreciate
- fixing vault lay out
- fixing are you stuck pop up
- re-balancing stats

cons:
-stats rebalancing and mobs bufff at the same time is a bit overwhelming, and it seems thats why lightning warrior have to be buffed
- things that get removed, no matter how insignificant it is, it makes the game felt more complete, so if its not broken better not removed it

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
"By popular demand, vaults now have eight columns instead of nine. " I know this might be a minor thing, but oh boy sooo happy for this. I just love order and symmetry
How will this impact the community vault disparity between mobile and PC players?

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
"By popular demand, vaults now have eight columns instead of nine. " I know this might be a minor thing, but oh boy sooo happy for this. I just love order and symmetry
How will this impact the community vault disparity between mobile and PC players?
I really hope it fixes the vault issue between pc and mobile. It's quite annoying that mobile vaults and pc vaults don't sync together, and items end up in different places. Its noticed the most if you play both mobile and pc intermittently.

Reactions: Lightentity
  • Likex1

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Best line I have read all day:
  • Trinkets have a new available ability, Grave Bolt. Grave Bolt allows players to ‘single-pull’ a mob, without it bringing along its friends.
This has been the really difficult with my hunter - thank you!

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
''Dungeon creatures have increased health. ''

Idk about this,it just means that it's gonna be harder for dps classes to be effective.For tanks and healers it just mean drinking more mana pots.This add nothing fun to the game, imo.

''We have removed Fusions from the game. ''

I was hoping that you guys would made them more important and effective to the game,not take them away :p

''House bonus effects have been removed from the game. ''

What I wanted was a simple dissociation of house look and perk,not having the house perks taken away :(

''Trinkets have a new available ability, Grave Bolt. Grave Bolt allows players to ‘single-pull’ a mob, without it bringing along its friends. ''

Being able to single pull was one of the things that made a tank be a tank.I wouldnt mind giving this ability to hunters,but all classes? nuts.

''Removed some old unused achievements ''

Define ''unused''.

You know,when I think about it,I remember my Lightning warr fusion with a hunter friend of mine doing awesome damages.If fusions are gone and Dungeon mob hp is increase,wouldnt that make the game too hard?

Now ,I dont want to be totally negative,so let me say that some of the changes I see are awesome! Keep up the good work,Otters,give a kiss on Diet cheek for me,and Ivar...you're delicious!!!!
pickle_power_postcard-r1665b38927c04cd6940890926f469e8a_vgbaq_8byvr_540.jpg

Lightentity

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lightentity and Darkfin
Platform
Android, PC
Alot of good changes in this patch, but also some not so good.
Especially the rebirth exp decrease... It's already an annoying and troublesome system and it just became more so...?

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
Alot of good changes in this patch, but also some not so good.
Especially the rebirth exp decrease... It's already an annoying and troublesome system and it just became more so...?
Yeah...

''
  • Old way:: 0-19: 100%, 20-34: 150%, 35-49: 200%, 50-59: 250%, 60-69: 300%, 70-79: 350%, 80-89: 400%, 90+: 450%.
  • New way:: 0-14: 50%, 15-29: 100%, 30-44: 150%, 45-59: 200%, 60-74: 250%, 75-89: 300%, 90+: 350%.

Rebirthing was a lot of work for little gain before,now they've made it worse.Why?

I.would.really.like.to.know.

Cause I see no common sense in that decision.

To quote the AVGN : ''What were they thinking?''

To add to the ''We have removed Fusions from the game '' and ''House bonus effects have been removed from the game '' and ''Dungeon creatures have increased health '',will I be forced to Rebirth with that reduction of xp to still be effective in dungeons,despite the fact that I've been playing for years?

Illuthas

Wizard
Platform
PC
Yeah...

''
  • Old way:: 0-19: 100%, 20-34: 150%, 35-49: 200%, 50-59: 250%, 60-69: 300%, 70-79: 350%, 80-89: 400%, 90+: 450%.
  • New way:: 0-14: 50%, 15-29: 100%, 30-44: 150%, 45-59: 200%, 60-74: 250%, 75-89: 300%, 90+: 350%.

Rebirthing was a lot of work for little gain before,now they've made it worse.Why?

To quote the AVGN : ''What were they thinking?''
I dont think its inteded to be used for the gain. I believe rebirth is to allow players to play the game again without deleting their chars.

Reactions: Zar
  • Likex1

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
I dont think its inteded to be used for the gain. I believe rebirth is to allow players to play the game again without deleting their chars.
For years I've seen people do it for gains...and quit the game out of boredom cause they were doing the same thing over and over again.Rebirths arent fun,but at least the xp boost makes them go fast...until now.

And on the devs side,it is just supposed to keep the players's interest until new content comes out.

I'm afraid that with these new changes rebirths are gonna be a requirment,which is something rebirths were never supposed to be .

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC

While I can't speak in the Otter's name, at lower levels (where they decreased the XP bonus by the most) especially with Ardent Society you outleveled content super fast. By the time you finished the lvl 15 storyline you were well into your 20s. I think it is simply meant to make the game more challenging, so you can fight more mobs and do more quests at your level even with rebirth. I'd probably apply the same to the house bonuses (yet it's debatable as many were not combat related), and also the stat nerf and dungeon hp increase.

Fusions, I think they discussed this on one of the livestreams but please correct me if I remember this wrong. They actually designed fusions for the shaman as well, but they felt like the system was lackluster and removed it altogether. At any rate I think the base principle of different classes interacting with each other is good, but it could really be expanded upon like certain feats having extra effects when another class' feat is active or even function differently

tripletriad7

Citizen
Platform
PC
Dev team seems a bit out of touch with reality.

Making exp harder to get in a game where a repetitive function like exp grinding is already present. So making it worse by decreasing it? Makes no sense whatever so ever. The new rebirth rates are sad. Its like suggestions from players really means nothing to you all.

Also removing house perks and fusion? What

Increasing mob health and damage? The game is already a tedious grind now make it even worse?

Terrible changes and such a backwards mentality. So disappointing. I dont understand how this makes players interested in the game and keep them engaged in leveling? News flash rebirthing is NOT FUN dont make it even more boring.. GESSHH

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
Some nice changes coming... only things i will miss is the house bonus as i just spent gold updating the lot of em.
Also not fair on removing shards as i spent a long time collecting them for now to be taken away.
Just confused with damage increase on mobs and dungeons as they where nurfed not long ago, however i was talking with friends in game and saying how boring the mobs have become so looking forward to them being tougher.
The calendar being nurfed is what i was hoping for as it will hopefully encourage more membership....
The rebirth bonus not so bad either as it also will encourage membership as well, add 100% extra to those numbers and yeah all great.
This game gives alot of entertainment and membership is cheaper than watching a movie at the cinemas and playing this game with membership im still saving a ton of money and keeping me from other expensive stuff.
Apart from the house bonus and shards bring it on.