VHPlayer

Reader
Platform
iOS
Will the talent builder be updated as well? The update caused me to need to respec to be able to get the ultimate back from my mastery which cost almost 30 gold. This of course was prior to my knowledge that the EZ offers free respec items. Regardless it can be quite expensive depending on how often you choose to do so and it would be helpful to be able to try out different options prior to spending the gold/items/effort in game for a build you may not be happy with.

Platform
Android, PC
My first impression about the expansion is more negative then positive, but I'll reserve judgement for the moment.

I will say I am HIGHLY disappointed that the dev's decided to go through with removing sockets and resurrects from the Ardent Society monthly gifts.
I stated my case back in this tread.
So I'll not repeat it here.

I'll just say I'll be thinking long and hard when time comes for my Ardent Society renewal. Frankly, it is not looking too good.

Regards
I will be thinking long and hard, too.

Reactions: FrylockOG
  • Likex1

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Will the talent builder be updated as well? The update caused me to need to respec to be able to get the ultimate back from my mastery which cost almost 30 gold. This of course was prior to my knowledge that the EZ offers free respec items. Regardless it can be quite expensive depending on how often you choose to do so and it would be helpful to be able to try out different options prior to spending the gold/items/effort in game for a build you may not be happy with.
I have asked it a couple times on test but either my question wasn't read or …. =)

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
It probably will be eventually, although it's not a priority at the moment as we have to prioritize in-game fixes.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Guild was changed from green because Village chat is now green (being the most logical color for that), so we'll probably have guild chat be a different color. I agree purple isn't optimal though since it can be mistaken for mod chat, so we'll change it away from that - feel free to make suggestions!
Village chat is a light yellow to me and my guild.

Packet

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Different screens and settings are obviously...different, but village (which is infrequently used, anyway) is also yellow on my screen and only a few shades off from trade. I would have to squint and look at it from different directions to get a hint of green. If gchat was left in the original color, there would be quite a distinction.

I have no suggestions other than to put guild chat back to green, but it sounds like that is not happening. It does need to be quite a bit brighter and bolder than it is now, and you guys already realize this.

New talents look cool but haven't had a chance to try them out yet (had to insert some positive :)).

Ru Ru

Huntress
Characters
Ru Ru
Platform
Android, PC
Guild was changed from green because Village chat is now green (being the most logical color for that), so we'll probably have guild chat be a different color. I agree purple isn't optimal though since it can be mistaken for mod chat, so we'll change it away from that - feel free to make suggestions!
If green is better for village, what if you use the previously used green shade for guild? Then the old orange village chat for guild. Maybe just switch the two. Imo, the previous set of colors were more distinct (except local and whisper).

Our guild uses village chat and it usually confuses me.village-trade.png

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
I'm afraid that with these new changes rebirths are gonna be a requirment, which is something rebirths were never supposed to be .
On the face of it, looking at the mechanics, it is hard to reach any other conclusion. A brief look at the skill trees as amended alone should suffice.

However, add in the dilution of calendar gifts of sockets and ankhs and from Ardent subscriptions together with the changes to skill trees and the uprating of monsters in both levels and events and it is impossible to conclude otherwise. Put simply, this marks a move towards a much more pay to play environment than we have seen here, and which encouraged me to spend my money in this game.

The problems with this update go deeper, however, the increase in traveling costs is trivial to some, but not to too s reaching the high levels who aren’t awash with gold. It slows their ability to pay for swamp gear and will have a chilling effect on willingness to hop around helping - unless they are Ardent members. One of the joys of this game is that attitude, at least on US 3. Why mess with it (yes I know it was higher still at one point).

Game play: I am a Fury on my main toon. The effect of this upgrade has been to further negate the viability of a high damage close in class due to the love affair with blasting having damage decrease by radius. We see this in event ladder lvl 5 and all over the new dungeon.

Fury wasn’t my first class. It is the one I came to really enjoy. Yet my lesser wizard can chat, seldom burn a mana pot and be confident of emerging alive and rewarded despite having done a fraction of the damage. This is not balance. If you are going to neglect a subclass into extinction, way to go about it.

Please don’t throw the new skill tree at me, do the math, the extra defense cost means, even at 5 RBs, that the toon would lose an integral offensive characteristic that makes it effective as a dps weapon. Additionally, why not balance mana costs somewhat. Why do some sub classes have to guzzle while others barely need any. Again, those distance types barely face any risk either in dungeon environments. Based on my experience, I kill myself out of stupidity on those.

Healer: why on earth when uprating monster damage would you increase the cost of the group cure ultimate? Now we have a bunch of weaker healers dealing with a lot more healing volume. Not only is that dispiriting for the healer, but it’s a double whammy for the fighting toons, especially melee ones.

This new rebalance doesn’t require more skill. If you wanted a battle to be tough go run naked or with low lvl armor. There is no new complex attack structure. The dynamics are unchanged, it’s simply more expensive in terms if pots and dollars or dispiriting in terms of death.

Go solo Gortrin on a base level and see if the challenge lights you up, then do that daily for XP, then remember how many players we lose between the Rye and Gortrin because of the lack of content and repeat dungeoning and bounties required, now much harder and slower to boot. Those players are key to the future and have invested to get that far. Bad for the game and for the guild as well as revenue.

Dungeons; who on earth thought it was smart to lower XP? There is another dungeon I hear. Well true, a second weekly quest, but you do realize that that XP is how most people crawl through the 80s? From what I have seen, many toons won’t get much from the new dungeon. Logically, the idea that this balanced a second dungeon holds no water. It will devalue dungeon attractiveness and increase losses due to excessive grind.

There is so much that seems at odds with gameplay, toon loyalty and longevity about this update. That’s a huge shame because this game is special. Yes I’m looking forward to new level play, but that’s not compensation for undermining the ethos, atmosphere and flow of new 90/95 players.

There is time to look at this again and rebalance mana use, threat of death and other class inequities that seem well known to players but to have been lost in development.

I’m sorry this had to be my first post, and it took some persuading to get me to vocalize, but this game is special and those I play it with and their perceptions matter. Most aren’t the names I see above and in most posts, they just pay and play and aren’t multi year vets. I hope some of them will be. Sadly I think far less than would have been the case two days ago.

Please look at this again.

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
Healer: why on earth when uprating monster damage would you increase the cost of the group cure ultimate?
This is most certainly a nerf to the holy priest.

I have zero interest in sinking points into the new talent. Doing so would further dilute the power of my priest. Instead, I removed 5 points from Precision in the Balance tree in order to get my Cure AOE back. Then, the 5 extra talent points I get from the level cap raise will simply get me back to where I was before the expansion.

Overall, this is mainly an observation more than a complaint as I don't really give a $#!t
I think my class was overpowered before anyway... 😁

Reactions: Knighthood
  • Likex1

Felonius

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Felonius & Aldanon
Platform
PC
I don't know whether to put this under bugs, or under here since the update changed it, but since I think the change was intentional I will put it here. The priest ultimate feat Condemn no longer single pulls monsters and now just draws the whole mob. I understand you have a new trinket feat that does that now, but please put it back on the condemn feat itself for that was the primary reason to work for that ultimate in the first place. As a healer priest it can be difficult in combat and the single pull can be a life saver.

Reactions: Life Spirit and Good2DBone
  • Likex1
  • Sadx1

Jeylana

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jeylana, Lanajey
Platform
PC
Orange please for the guild chat :)
The 85 elders are not in order. Belxur z.b. His helpers die immediately and ice surfaces are gone

Good2DBone

Adventurer
Characters
Good2DBone (Hunter Priest etc)
Platform
PC
The priest ultimate feat Condemn no longer single pulls monsters and now just draws the whole mob.
Holy Moly! (be glad I said Moly). My priest was already squishy and now i'll just have to tag along other parties (no more soloing) and heal them. My attacks are freaking worthless if I cannot single pull.

Reactions: Life Spirit
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
If green is better for village, what if you use the previously used green shade for guild? Then the old orange village chat for guild. Maybe just switch the two. Imo, the previous set of colors were more distinct (except local and whisper).

Our guild uses village chat and it usually confuses me.View attachment 2903
My "village" chat is more yellow than this. My "Looking for" is golden like that is.

Reactions: Ru Ru
  • Sadx1

Good2DBone

Adventurer
Characters
Good2DBone (Hunter Priest etc)
Platform
PC
Are the monsters harder or something? My level 70 warrior is dying about fifth fight and I'm fighting just below my level, too. Now maybe my strategies are incorrect (but they did get me to level 70 with 3 RBs) but dying so often is quickly making the game less fun. I guess I'll have to spend my time in Summers Hollow killing bees or something (Sigh) or do a total rework on her. Could someone please look at rebalancing? Thanks for listening.

Reactions: Priest Daimheach
  • Likex1

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
"The priest ultimate feat Condemn no longer single pulls monsters and now just draws the whole mob."

And as info...the grave bolt trinket that can force the target to engage in solo combat has a cool down time of 2mins 23 secs! When you can find one that is, it hasn't happened for me yet !

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
"The priest ultimate feat Condemn no longer single pulls monsters and now just draws the whole mob."

And as info...the grave bolt trinket that can force the target to engage in solo combat has a cool down time of 2mins 23 secs! When you can find one, it hasn't happened for me yet !
I am hearing a lot of people having a hard time finding grave bolt, although I haven't tried yet.

Reactions: Good2DBone
  • Sadx1

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
My "village" chat is more yellow than this. My "Looking for" is golden like that is.
We're changing the colors in a post-expansion update, but your colors not looking like the above screenshot shouldn't be possible (it's identical everywhere) so maybe that's an actual bug? Could you attach a screenshot of what your village chat color looks like?

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Here is a comparison and the odd thing is the colors on the screenshots look different slightly on my paint program than what is actually showing here, but ingame the yellow is a brighter yellow in village chat than shows here on the paint program. So I guess it's just different programs.