Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Rough I just want to mention one for now and if you had bad experience with others please mention.
1. The ice guy - We had a pretty good group and people dying left and right, and people getting targeted without generating any threat from the adds, which now hit pretty hard.
Requesting that damage from adds be toned down. It makes this one pretty tough, or reduce adds?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
As mentioned in patch notes, mobs will no longer queue up waiting for their turn to hit the tank, but will instead search for other targets. This is entirely intentional. It is up to the dps classes to help take out the adds as well now, not simply nuke the boss while the adds standing idly by waiting their chance to hit the tank (often getting wiped out by an AoE before that chance arises).

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
We're going to give it a shot tonight, but are you speaking from experience on this particular elder? Have you tried it since update, or are you just coming up with a general explanation?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
As mentioned in patch notes, mobs will no longer queue up waiting for their turn to hit the tank, but will instead search for other targets. This is entirely intentional. It is up to the dps classes to help take out the adds as well now, not simply nuke the boss while the adds standing idly by waiting their chance to hit the tank (often getting wiped out by an AoE before that chance arises).
Not just this elder - ALL mobs. As soon as there are more mobs around the tank than can actually hit the tank, the ones just waiting will break off and attack others.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Good point. At the ice elder, I don't think any of us were thinking about the adds in relation to these changes (although I thought that there were invisible adds....I swear that there were adds around me damaging me that I wasn't even seeing!)

However, the timing of the bubbles at the shadow elder were definitely off. You'd kill one of the ghosts, and then the bubble wouldn't pop instantly, but would appear about 4-5 seconds later. (It might have been lag, but the fight didn't feel laggy in the least, so I don't think that was the issue.) And once the timing is off once on the shields, it's off every other shield instance after that...You can't fix the problem once it happens, which is incredibly annoying!

The other two elders felt about the same as before. It was just the ice and shadow ones that were incredibly tough...especially the ice one. Next time I'm on an 85 elder run, I'll have to remember to discuss changing strategy before we begin the fight.

XMerlindaX

Wizard
Royal Guardian
Characters
Miss Marple, Matricia, Cherryl
Platform
PC
I think the '85 elder are too heavy, you have to remember that not all players super skilful and only the best equipment.
Since these are the prerequisites for progressing in the game, I see some give up to kill them and then stop playing soon.
Today we tried to beat the elder with some, and had to use tons of voltans, which I found no longer funny and takes the fun of helping me...

Reactions: Lyanah and Life Spirit
  • Likex2

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Maybe remove Elders from the main questline and turn them into scaled Raid zones? A linear zone where players have to work out puzzles, fight through enemies and mini-bosses before eventually confronting the Elder Boss at the end.

The Elder would drop a fragment and also has the rare chance to drop some sort of artifact or other such item.

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
Maybe remove Elders from the main questline and turn them into scaled Raid zones? A linear zone where players have to work out puzzles, fight through enemies and mini-bosses before eventually confronting the Elder Boss at the end.

The Elder would drop a fragment and also has the rare chance to drop some sort of artifact or other such item.
Like this idea! It's very frustrating being stuck because you can't get the elders.

Reactions: Life Spirit
  • Likex1

Bored dude

Citizen
The game I’ve been playing does require bosses for their main quests but they also offer difficulty options from easy-normal-hard-nightmare-insane. We are also able to hire mercenaries (friends/guilds/other characters you have) that even though only autoattack, they are helpful for tanking.
Easy mode is manageable for solo players ,but don’t drop anything special while the other modes are good for grinding loots.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC

Depending on the drops would not be such a bad idea. But having to go through a whole zone for 1 fragment could be more tedious, That is if the difficulty is the same as it is now. So those artifact would have to be worth it/ I am a fan of random drops in games . Makes things more interesting,