Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
I think having the ability to buy gold from the Crown Store, would one make it easier for player to get gold easier for crafting, while helping support the game.

My Suggestion would be to sell Gold in 100 coin [40 Crowns] and 1000 coin [400 crowns] packs with a weekly limit of (Edit 1000 G/Week) 10,000 coins per week. (Price set by MAD OTTERs)

Edited because I agree With Comments and was just an Idea.

From Crown Store: From Mote of Youric Vendor in Ardent City:
75 Motes goes for 4 crowns = 18.75 motes/crown 1 Mote goes foe 12 Silver 95 Copper = 0.1295 Gold
200 Motes goes for 20 Crowns = 20 motes/crown
675 Motes goes for 30 Crowns = 22.3 motes/crown

So 18.75 motes = 2.428125 gold so 1 crown = 2 Gold, 42 Silver, 81 Copper
So Crowns are worth only 2.4281 Gold round to 2.5 Gold

So 100 gold = 40 crowns [ $5.00] / 1000 would = 400 crowns [$24.00] / 10,000 would = 4000 crowns [$198.00]

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
I am neither for nor against this idea as I believe everyone has the right to come up with great ideas for the game. The only thing I will say is that I am fairly familiar with the crafting system in the game and by no means does it cost 10,000 gold a week to craft. I understand crafting can be expensive and players have to chose how to spend and earn their gold wisely. I went on a high level crafting spree the other day and I think I spent a total of 400g making thousands of drams etc. - I can barely sell these for 50 silver each - so I do what everyone else does and just give everything away.

If players have the ability to to purchase 10,000 gold per week there needs to be:
  1. More gold sinks programmed into the game for this gold to go into
Also, if players have the option of purchasing 10,000 gold per week, prices will simply skyrocket. 3g per stack of gathers will go to 30g etc. People buying items such as lukinium, crafting mats, red darrig will just pay 100 times more than they are now to compete with the people who can afford to buy this gold.

CW

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
I feel ambivalent about this. On one hand I welcome every opportunity to add new ways to support devs, on the other it seems very risky. It could potentially inject lot of gold into the economy, inflating prices, and the gold you earn in game becoming more worthless. I feel like there are quite a few ways to make gold at a rather good rate (gathering, ranching, gardening and dungeons are being my best renewable sources), and we should just utilize them instead of adding a way to buy it. Don't forget you can buy some crown store items and sell them on the AH, trade them for gold too (and those items certainly make non paying players happy)

Entelligente Ente

Adventurer
Platform
PC
You can already purchase any item from the store and sell it to other players for gold with price determined by demand and supply.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
n and 1000 coin packs with a weekly limit of (Ed
Honestly it’s not a bad idea, taking something like 50 crowns and be able to get 350 gold would help those who can’t play as much and also help devs. People buy crown items with gold anyways. May be some inflation but keeping it under 1000g a week isn’t catastrophic as hardcore gatherers can make that much in a week or so.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I am against this as it is pay to win, but I am in agreement that ways to help make the game more profitable should be considered.
I don't think it's pay to win since you can just sell crown shop item for gold, and atleast there are not much use for gold anyway.

may be a good idea for IOS player since they can't sell their crown shop items untradable (not sure if this is still true), for other platform i just think it's not necessary since you can just easily sell crown shop item at AH for gold.

For pricing it might be tricky since crown to gold trade ratio seems to be different, on US2 the last few crown bag i see goes for 1500 gold each, which is higher than your original suggestion

Reactions: Deathtiny_US1
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
You can already purchase any item from the store and sell it to other players for gold with price determined by demand and supply.
Afaik, you can only do so when above lvl 40 on a toon and when playing the SAC. Steam cannot, android cannot, iOs cannot. So basically most people cant. Only those with access to a pc with the SAC

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
For pricing it might be tricky since crown to gold trade ratio seems to be different, on US2 the last few crown bag i see goes for 1500 gold each, which is higher than your original suggestion
I agree pricing would be tricky.

The conversion rate for crowns TO gold will and should be different than the conversion from gold TO crowns. The reason why people pay high gold prices for crowns is because they are able to use their in game gold to buy real money game currency. If the devs ever implemented this, the gold wouldn't be priced at the current gold TO crown rate going on in the game right now.

Platform
PC
This is not true. Some platforms cannot trade any item shop purchase.

That said, at one time, gold WAS in the cash shop. I believe it was taken out due to lack of sales. <I'm not positive I remember this correctly>

I'm pretty neutral on the subject - I honestly don't think many would buy gold from the shop when it's so easily gotten in game for free.

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Donut

This would be a good suggestion if gold was bound, but if it wasn’t. The economy would be broken less than a week. It just takes people with multiple accounts to buy gold and charge back their credit cards.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
I don't think it's pay to win since you can just sell crown shop item for gold, and atleast there are not much use for gold anyway.

may be a good idea for IOS player since they can't sell their crown shop items untradable (not sure if this is still true), for other platform i just think it's not necessary since you can just easily sell crown shop item at AH for gold.

This is pay to win in that some players will be able to purchase gold giving them an advantage over players who can't. With an increase of in-game gold the prices of will undoubtedly rise beyond the ability of some players to afford, driving them from the game.

Buying and selling of crown shop items and selling them for gold is not a good example of why this is not pay to win because it could be said that is also pay to win. The main reason I do not personally call this pay to win is because it depends on other players wanting and affording the purchase.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
This is pay to win in that some players will be able to purchase gold giving them an advantage over players who can't. With an increase of in-game gold the prices of will undoubtedly rise beyond the ability of some players to afford, driving them from the game.

Buying and selling of crown shop items and selling them for gold is not a good example of why this is not pay to win because it could be said that is also pay to win. The main reason I do not personally call this pay to win is because it depends on other players wanting and affording the purchase.
I still can't agree with your point, i can't see how having gold can do that at least right now. Right now gold almost have no value imo, most player definitely value crown way more than gold. I don't think anyone will be selling crown bag for gold, just because they want gold. The only case i can find player selling crown bag solely for gold is for the trophy mount, which is just buying that gold mount with crown but have to trade the crown to gold first
With an increase of in-game gold the prices of will undoubtedly rise beyond the ability of some players to afford, driving them from the game.
I can't think of a single item that will have it price raised because of the increase of in game gold and make people can't afford it, you can get almost anything except crown shop item for free if you just ask, that's how "worthless" gold is for most player

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
This is one of those cases where reality isn't the issue - player perception is.

The simple fact is, games in which it is possible to buy in-game currency (gold) with real currency (via crowns) are seen by many gamers as "pay to win." Whether it actually is pay to win is irrelevant - all that matters is that many new players will think it is.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I made this Suggestion to help players who don't have a lot of time to play because of Real World life issues (Jobs, School, Family, etc...) who want to play the game by questing and not doing the boring Gathering and Crafting aspects of the game, to get gold.

As to ruining the Economy of the game, yes it could happen, but it would also have some benificial aspects such as more people spending gold to buy materials both Raw and Refined. Remember Players control the pricing of the Auction House & direct sales with friends. If you thing prices are to high don't buy. We as a community on each server can control prices to a degree, but it is a free market. If a fool wants to pay 100 gold for a Red Key or 15oo gold for a writ of rename then players will start pricing stuff higher no matter the going rate or what most think of as a good price. I have seen Red keys price go up from 40 Gold to 85 gold on US3 in the past few months, so people will pay more for what they want.

I did suggest having a weekly limit of 1000 gold, but that could easily be made into a monthly limit. But in reality how many players would spend $24.00/week ($96.00/month) just to buy 4000 gold. (Figured from chart below)

75 Motes goes for 4 crowns = 18.75 motes/crown 1 Mote goes foe 12 Silver 95 Copper = 0.1295 Gold

So 100 gold = 40 crowns [ $5.00] / 1000 would = 400 crowns [$24.00] / 10,000 would = 4000 crowns [$198.00]

:):):):) Thanks for all the Repies :):):):)

Reactions: CalmWind
  • Likex1

Donut

I don’t mean to offend anyone, but if gold was an option through the crown shop and if it wasn’t bound. A group of players could buy 1000gold with multiple accounts, buy out the auction house and then charge back their credit card saying they didn’t intend to make that purchase. MOG will ban those said players and then they will be forced to do a reboot and this could happen repetitively. However instead of being able to purchase gold, crowns could be used to pay fees that are not Associated with other players/auction house. Maybe two tick box options to pay with crowns or gold for crafting.

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
I made this Suggestion to help players who don't have a lot of time to play because of Real World life issues (Jobs, School, Family, etc...) who want to play the game by questing and not doing the boring Gathering and Crafting aspects of the game, to get gold.

As to ruining the Economy of the game, yes it could happen, but it would also have some benificial aspects such as more people spending gold to buy materials both Raw and Refined. Remember Players control the pricing of the Auction House & direct sales with friends. If you thing prices are to high don't buy. We as a community on each server can control prices to a degree, but it is a free market. If a fool wants to pay 100 gold for a Red Key or 15oo gold for a writ of rename then players will start pricing stuff higher no matter the going rate or what most think of as a good price. I have seen Red keys price go up from 40 Gold to 85 gold on US3 in the past few months, so people will pay more for what they want.

I did suggest having a weekly limit of 1000 gold, but that could easily be made into a monthly limit. But in reality how many players would spend $24.00/week ($96.00/month) just to buy 4000 gold. (Figured from chart below)

:):):):) Thanks for all the Repies :):):):)
I really love your posts and your ideas.

One idea I had was a Premium Ardent Society which would be $14.99 per month which would include current Ardent society perks but also give 250g and 200 crowns per month. The discount on the gold and crowns is built into the fact that these are recurring subscribers (ongoing income for game).

I belive 250g and 200 crowns per month is just enough for a casual gamer to enjoy the game and get right into crafting and combat.

This is just my idea of course so do with it as you please (I know some will rip it to pieces) and $15 a month from a bunch of players is great income for the devs.

Reactions: Lord Odenhawk 72
  • Likex1

BRA Member
Characters
Instant Karma, Boot II
Platform
Steam
I am a steam player. As such I considered this idea awhile back. (when all items were first account bound for Steam and iOS players)
After all, I don't always want to go collecting just to make gold. Crafting at higher levels can be expensive.
That said, sorry, but I am strongly opposed to selling gold in the cash shop.

Why??

When a player buys or sells items for gold in game, the amount of gold within the game doesn't change, just who owns it.
Selling gold would add additional gold into the game, potentially a LOT of it.
Injecting additional gold into the game would most likely lead to rampant, runaway inflation. (I've seen it happen in other games.)

I offer a counter-suggestion. (hopefully it's feasible)

Bring Crown Bags back to the shop with the following restrictions to avoid possible fraud issues.

1. Crown bags could only be sold in the Auction House. (easier to keep track of)
2. A waiting period of fourteen days (14) days before a gift bag could be bought or sold. (hopefully, should take care of the charge-back issue)
3. A level restriction and prior shop purchase history to be decided by the dev's.

Best Regards

Entelligente Ente

Adventurer
Platform
PC
I would like to have a significant but no total crafting cost reduction as part of Ardent Society. This would also increase the amount of gold available to players while being particulary rewarding for those who actively craft.