Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I would love to see some more competitions added to the game with prizes.
Some of my Suggestions: Top 5 players per server get a reward (crowns, preminum gathering tool, special Wardrobe items, etc...)
  • Gathering Competition: where players try to gather 10,000 of each Lv 1, 15, 30, 45 & 60 of a certain type of material (Rotated each time) and turn in to a Specific NPC in Ardent city.
  • Scavanger Hunt: Players have to find or make specific items from a list, like 100 apples, lv 28 token, glove for each class (any level), and special drops for the event, and/or specialy added Easter Eggs planted in hidden areas of random maps.
  • Ardent City wide Project contest: Players gather & craft a Ton of materials for new City Projects, like Guild Hall, Special event Arena (where we can hold stuff like Williams's Friday night events, set up dungeon runs, Elder hunts. or have training classes for new players.
  • Obstical course and games held at least once every 3 months. Obsticals would be like invisible maze (best times win), Hide and seek, jumping obstical course contest, and any others some one cam come up with. Games like Game trivia, Zingaria naming contest. (name the zingaria if specific area of a zone), etc....
Some contest could be sign up only, Guild verse Guild (not PVP) or Village verse Village (Mayor has to sign up village).​
Please add any suggestions on other non-PVP types of contest you would like to see.​
These are suggestions not demands & I do know we may never see them added due to limited recources of the Devs.​

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Yup, the old forums we all talked about stuff like this. I think Skaaveek has a post somewhere he compiled a list as well. I had mentioned a circus with games, capture the flag, race to the flag, starting at the same spot and killing x amount of mobs, stuff like that.

We all hope the Devs can get some free time to make some of these for us :)

Leizong

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
尊重所有提出想法的人,如何让游戏人更多,坚持的时间更久,以及如何使得玩家愿意为这个游戏付款,让开发者赚更多的钱,开发更多的内容。停止任何PVP和反对PVP的讨论,因为两方都没有阻止游戏人数的减少,和足够吸引新的玩家。

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Perhaps a 'catch the flag'? At random times a system message pops up, 'a flag has been planted', eventually with a clue as to where that is, and the first to find it and click it earns x something
That would be awesome!

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Lord Oldenhawk has gone to the effort to make a discussion for exploring competitive play options that would work within the current game structure. This is exactly the type of thread that is needed for anyone that would like to see competitive play in V&H.

It is highly disrespectful to the OP to hijack a well-intended thread in an effort to continue an old debate, especially seeing as how a thread already exists for that topic.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Well... I guess that last comment by me is a little out of context since the offending posts were removed [thank you forum mods].

So... back on topic...
I think pretty much everything in the OP could be implemented in the current game. I'm not really that much into competitive play, but I can see doing some of that.

One thing I would like to see is some pop-up quests that get announced in global chat. They could be gather, build, combat-related, or perhaps a puzzle that needed to be solved. Anyone that wanted could respond and earn a reward for completion, with larger rewards going to the top finishers. Keys, doubloons, and perhaps a crown or ten would be nice. ;)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
One thing I would like to see is some pop-up quests that get announced in global chat. They could be gather, build, combat-related, or perhaps a puzzle that needed to be solved. Anyone that wanted could respond and earn a reward for completion, with larger rewards going to the top finishers
Those sound like fun ideas! They remind me a bit of how the Incarnations in Moors trigger(ed?) a pop-up announcement when they respawned, which was visible from everywhere in the game! (I can't remember if this feature was only implemented just one year during the Halloween event zone, or if it was around during multiple seasons. Bad memory, bad!!!) :p

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
Well... I guess that last comment by me is a little out of context since the offending posts were removed [thank you forum mods].

So... back on topic...
I think pretty much everything in the OP could be implemented in the current game. I'm not really that much into competitive play, but I can see doing some of that.

One thing I would like to see is some pop-up quests that get announced in global chat. They could be gather, build, combat-related, or perhaps a puzzle that needed to be solved. Anyone that wanted could respond and earn a reward for completion, with larger rewards going to the top finishers. Keys, doubloons, and perhaps a crown or ten would be nice. ;)
Love this !!!!

knn

Villager
Platform
PC
a guild/village ranking board placed beside the village entrance would be nice, just present a detailed mechanic on how the ranking is achieved and most players should start working once the hierarchy shifts

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
a guild/village ranking board placed beside the village entrance would be nice, just present a detailed mechanic on how the ranking is achieved and most players should start working once the hierarchy shifts
Prior to the hack, there were guild and player rankings, though they were "outside" the game.

The vast majority simply ignored them.

If the rankings were visible "in game" I am sure it would lead to a few players choosing to try and increase their guild or village, but I suspect most would still ignore them. I'm not actually against the idea, though. It would be good for those who do like to be "top".

Royal Guardian
Characters
William Hououin
Platform
iOS, PC
Prior to the hack, there were guild and player rankings, though they were "outside" the game.

The vast majority simply ignored them.

If the rankings were visible "in game" I am sure it would lead to a few players choosing to try and increase their guild or village, but I suspect most would still ignore them. I'm not actually against the idea, though. It would be good for those who do like to be "top".
I remember that

Also, the thing is once someone get to the topic those charts, they were kinda staying there forever...

At first I was looking at them, I was like 7th highest priest of US3, but then it stopped changing cause we were getting level capped