Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
The Oak Valley jumping puzzle I managed without the boots, but I'll not comment on how many attempts it took to do it. The one to get to Dionte's lair was much harder and I confess that I finally bought the boots just to get through it. For the record, I really dislike jumping puzzles, but I'll take them any day over the invisible bridges, stairs, and leaps into nothingness.

I tend to agree somewhat with this:
The invisible bridge which leads to the pad area has purple smoke on it. The other bridges do not. Perhaps all of them should?
I could deal with the puzzles a little better if there were some better clues in place to give you some idea of what might be expected. In some cases, there are, but quite frequently they are either not there or are too obscure to grasp. Like the clues in Searching for Samuel. The clues ARE there, but lots of luck making sense of them.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
But I like The Depths, always did. I also like The Drom even though when I do the zone myself it can take more than an hour LOL
The only one I actually like is one of my favorite zones in the game, but it's basically a geometrical puzzle that can be reasoned out. I forget the name though... The one with all the tri-colored crystals. Crystal Spire?

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The only one I actually like is one of my favorite zones in the game, but it's basically a geometrical puzzle that can be reasoned out. I forget the name though... The one with all the tri-colored crystals. Crystal Spire?
And the "easter egg" platform in the sky with the goodies :)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
The Oak Valley jumping puzzle I managed without the boots, but I'll not comment on how many attempts it took to do it.
I never made it up that jumping puzzle in Oak Valley, even WITH jumpy boots!! It frustrated me to no end....and then later on, the jumping puzzle to get up to Dionte in Coille nearly did me in (and took a minimum of trying countless times on THREE separate occasions!) Only reason why I made it up there was because I not only moved from /run to /jog, but also because I had two experienced friends with me -- one ahead of me leading the way, and one behind me, coaching me in exactly where to stand.

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Likex1
Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I think that we should be able to get a basic map for the Drom & the Depths after we complete some quest that involves finding certain NPCs (Who give clear clues to the next NPC) in the zone and doing certain actions,like defeating X amount of certain creatures, kill certain bounty bosses, and pay X amount of Medallions.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
But along the way are the shadow zones, I've gone back to them often.

LOL your portals are more interesting

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
Am I the only one who actually loves the Drom and Depths? Maybe because back in the early days we had to run them several times over for many more medallions than are needed now, so got to know them well! But I dread having to go back to Creation caves, even after several rebirths I still have trouble finding my way and that's with an online map!

Tern

Adventurer
Characters
Wes, Inn, Hugh, Sis & Pat Tern
Platform
Android, PC
I really enjoy the jumping puzzles and wish there were more but maybe they should be made optional with an ogre who will throw you to the top for a fee. Crystal Spire, although beautiful, is my least favorite because of the seemingly endless spirals. Traven Isles is one of my most favorites because it is one of the few zones with bright sunshiny days. After doing the Depths several times, I enjoy it. I haven't mastered the Drom and don't know if I ever will. It is.... challenging.

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
Am I the only one who actually loves the Drom and Depths? Maybe because back in the early days we had to run them several times over for many more medallions than are needed now, so got to know them well! But I dread having to go back to Creation caves, even after several rebirths I still have trouble finding my way and that's with an online map!
You are not aloooone. I love the Depths, and even more the Drom.
I like the story in the Crystal Spires, but turning round and round and round and round makes me feel worse than drunk. Is drunk state a bad state by the way?

Reactions: Tern
  • Likex1

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Shiverspine, Depths, Creation Caves, Drom...so far my most favorite zones! I loved figuring out the pathways and I love running them any chance I get. I do hope the devs never decide to change or remove them, would break my heart.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
That's why I got to learn Drom so well....From grinding that zone incessantly on Zazie for the 3,500 medallions you needed at the time for the Pyrron master key. (I think that was the cost back then...it was right after the first of the price reductions, and at level, it wasn't way too hard to solo the zone, unlike Sanc. or Fungal.) I know my way around Drom much better than Depths. (I also much prefer Drom over Depths...It feels much more logical to me! LOL) Even after the graphics overhaul in Depths, there are still areas down in the water where I get lost! (Like that area where the 2 bee bounties are that's NOT in the open "bee field" area and all the areas where the 'shroom bounties are.)

And I'm also with ya on Creation Caves....I think I do about as well in Creation Caves as I do in Shiverspine (which is not very well at all!) There are a few small sections/routes in those two zones that I know fairly well, but you can pretty much forget about the entire rest of the zone! :p

Reactions: Karma
  • Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
That's why I got to learn Drom so well....From grinding that zone incessantly on Zazie for the 3,500 medallions you needed at the time for the Pyrron master key. (I think that was the cost back then...it was right after the first of the price reductions, and at level, it wasn't way too hard to solo the zone, unlike Sanc. or Fungal.) I know my way around Drom much better than Depths. (I also much prefer Drom over Depths...It feels much more logical to me! LOL) Even after the graphics overhaul in Depths, there are still areas down in the water where I get lost! (Like that area where the 2 bee bounties are that's NOT in the open "bee field" area and all the areas where the 'shroom bounties are.)

And I'm also with ya on Creation Caves....I think I do about as well in Creation Caves as I do in Shiverspine (which is not very well at all!) There are a few small sections/routes in those two zones that I know fairly well, but you can pretty much forget about the entire rest of the zone! :p
Of all the zones mentioned on this thread, I can run Creation easiest. just go to top and do a clockwise circle around the outer edge dropping down when needed. I don't see any logic to the drom. please explain that

Reactions: Zazie
  • Hahax1

Pookey

Hunter
Characters
Pookey2
Platform
PC
Isn’t it strange what zones we all love and hate and the differences? I love Drom even though it takes me a couple hours still after all this time. Depths I have always liked even back when I couldn’t do it at all. But what accomplishment I felt when I finally got it and after all this time I still remember. Spires makes me dizzy ? my favorite zone of all time is Corkle woods. And strangely I know Dartry is my second favorite.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Of all the zones mentioned on this thread, I can run Creation easiest. just go to top and do a clockwise circle around the outer edge dropping down when needed. I don't see any logic to the drom. please explain that
For me just remember one invisible bridge and two spot where you have to jump, other then that just follow the path

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
For me just remember one invisible bridge and two spot where you have to jump, other then that just follow the path
There are more than just 2 spots to jump depending on where you get lost first, and too many ways to fall, repeat, fall, etc. There is no path in the Drom.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I think that we should be able to get a basic map for the Drom & the Depths after we complete some quest that involves finding certain NPCs (Who give clear clues to the next NPC) in the zone and doing certain actions,like defeating X amount of certain creatures, kill certain bounty bosses, and pay X amount of Medallions.
+1 for an awesome idea.
On a side note, I've previously suggested that the NPC's in the game that operates as in-zone teleporters should be revealed on the players' zone map once all of them have been discovered. Sure, you can click on one to see where all the others are... but when you have not been in a zone for several months, finding that one can be challenging.

PS: And BOO! to invisible bridges! What's wrong with you people!? :p

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
(this is what i remember on top of my head)
if you go from the corkle wood portal/telepad the platform actually is a path there are some three-ways but most are short so should be able to get back on track pretty easily. There are also only two big three way the first is one is near banlebee(the one that looks like wrinkle, if i remember correctly that's also the spot where you return after killing realm warden), if you follow the path behind banlebee you go to the oasis, if you follow the other path you'll reach untina, by then you'll kill most of the bonty at the top platform, and just around 5 more bounties that need the 2 jump i mentioned, and the rest at the bottom should be easy

i agree that falling is the biggest issue, you also can't master it in just 1 or 2 try, and now that we progress through zone very quickly like 2 or 3 times each zone (before lvl 75), zone like drom, depth, tomb, etc just becomes just plain annoying to do & learn.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Last edited
(this is what i remember on top of my head)
if you go from the corkle wood portal/telepad the platform actually is a path there are some three-ways but most are short so should be able to get back on track pretty easily. There are also only two big three way the first is one is near banlebee(the one that looks like wrinkle, if i remember correctly that's also the spot where you return after killing realm warden), if you follow the path behind banlebee you go to the oasis, if you follow the other path you'll reach untina, by then you'll kill most of the bonty at the top platform, and just around 5 more bounties that need the 2 jump i mentioned, and the rest at the bottom should be easy

i agree that falling is the biggest issue, you also can't master it in just 1 or 2 try, and now that we progress through zone very quickly like 2 or 3 times each zone (before lvl 75), zone like drom, depth, tomb, etc just becomes just plain annoying to do & learn.
Running Drom, I never started from the corkle wook portal. All the youtube videos I have seen start at the pad, which is what I used when making an attempt. I'll try this, thank you.