Platform
Android, PC
Just looking at the tooltip, it didn't look like the precision talent caused the damage of holy bolt to change. If nobody knows for sure, I would be willing to unlearn my talents and try out stuff, but I wanted to save the gold.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
I want to discuss Elders weapon spell in Holy Priest.
Why is mass absorb shield absorbing so little damage? If it is intended for absorbing damage, then it does it badly. If mana regen is needed to get 15 seconds, then why such a complicated mechanic?
I want to say that at the moment the big will in the usual solo game doesn’t really need Holy Priest, and with long battles with Elders, nothing better than mana potion 3lvl.
Can any of the old players tell me why I need to use my weapon, mass absorb shield?
I am Holy Priest, but do not use any elders weapon spell.
Further. Mass stun. Good spell, medium damage, very long cast, and OMG very long CD.5min. Karl! 5 min. !!!
I have long wanted to write some bad elders weapon spell near the holy priest.
Can I don’t know something? Or do I use them incorrectly? Can someone tell me why these spell need Holy Priest?
I always thought that I had a good logic. But here it breaks. I cannot logically understand why these spell? o_O

Platform
Android, PC
I want to discuss Elders weapon spell in Holy Priest.
Why is mass absorb shield absorbing so little damage? If it is intended for absorbing damage, then it does it badly. If mana regen is needed to get 15 seconds, then why such a complicated mechanic?
I want to say that at the moment the big will in the usual solo game doesn’t really need Holy Priest, and with long battles with Elders, nothing better than mana potion 3lvl.
Can any of the old players tell me why I need to use my weapon, mass absorb shield?
I am Holy Priest, but do not use any elders weapon spell.
Further. Mass stun. Good spell, medium damage, very long cast, and OMG very long CD.5min. Karl! 5 min. !!!
I have long wanted to write some bad elders weapon spell near the holy priest.
Can I don’t know something? Or do I use them incorrectly? Can someone tell me why these spell need Holy Priest?
I always thought that I had a good logic. But here it breaks. I cannot logically understand why these spell? o_O
Yeah, I guess I'd agree. I don't slot mass absorb shield. I do slot mass heal and judgement. Judgement really can change the course of a fight of the type in pyrron zones where the bounty has friends and you have to fight them all at once, but that cooldown is quite long. Really nice with brutal force (trinket), though.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Regarding the cooldown for Judgment: Each class gains a new feat on the elder weapons beginning at level 55. ALL of them have an equally long cooldown. Yes, all of those feats are pretty awesome, yet their cooldowns purposely prevent you from spamming them. When you stop to think about it, the new feat on the elder sword is Unbreakable Will, which heals for an enormous amount. How could the classes be balanced if Unbreakable Will and Judgment had an equally short cooldown??? How could combat remain interesting if all of your feats had the same, short cooldown?

As far as mass shield goes, I can understand leaving it off of your mace at the lower to mid levels, if you're trying to save sockets. However, in event zones, dungeons, and at lvl 80+ elders, my hunter, shadow priest, and wizzie definitely appreciate running with healers who DO have that feat gnogged onto their mace, along with mass heal and heal. (Imo, Bless is the one you can leave out entirely (so that you have room for a few dmge feats) & I have even less use for Restore!) As a matter of fact, I would outright refuse to run in these situations with a healer who did NOT have mass absorb! (Well, possibly except for event zones. You can sometimes get away with not having it there, although toons that haven't spent a lot of sockets will likely struggle to stay alive if they get too close to the action.)

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
As a matter of fact, I would outright refuse to run in these situations with a healer who did NOT have mass
Zazi, tell me, what is good mass absorb shield? Than?
Absorbing 1 little hit? from CD 30-45sek?
And justice for example:
Warrior- mass stun CD 10-20sek
Wizzard-mass stun CD 10-20sek
Hunter-mass stun CD 10-20 sek
And holy priest muss stun CD 2,5-5 min ???
Why do I need him?
if you write that it is better I will go with the holy priest who has these spells, then you don’t write the situation when it is very necessary and you cannot do without these spells.
I still understand massheal, it certainly heals very badly, but all hope of triggering a crit.
but these two Elders weapon spells, in my opinion, are very, very illogical and terrible.

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The value of Mass Absorb may be that it absorbs the AoE hit that would otherwise kill several ranged chars who have decent dps but not much armour. Or that it gives the priest a few seconds to heal chars that might be taking damage from a DoT. Or that it can help fill in between heals or single cast absorb shield. Or perhaps help protect chars from the blasting in dungeon. There are lots of ways mass absorb shield can be useful, if used properly.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
The value of Mass Absorb may be that it absorbs the AoE hit that would otherwise kill several ranged chars who have decent dps but not much armour. Or that it gives the priest a few seconds to heal chars that might be taking damage from a DoT. Or that it can help fill in between heals or single cast absorb shield. Or perhaps help protect chars from the blasting in dungeon. There are lots of ways mass absorb shield can be useful, if used properly.
Bla bla bla, you can see right away that you don’t see the numbers. If you could see how much absorbin mass shield was, then you would immediately understand how little it is. I don’t know the noone boss with AOE damage that would be less than the mass absorbing shield. Next- cast time 2 sek. and during this time I can fail to treat the tank and it will die.
if you zazi and majenta like a beautiful effect, then it will spell that no good spell.
Bring a player who plays for a very long time for the holy priest and let him prove to me in numbers and not in words that mass absorbing shield helps a lot and you cannot do without it.Where examples and numbers?Where?

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Numbers wouldnt matter, no care how good an argument is, if it doesnt stroke with your beliefs you will denigrate them anyway. It's lost effort

Rastuasi

Grand Priest
Characters
Rastuasi, Dasudea, Teslatia
Platform
Android, PC
One thing to note, the number read by you isn't what gets applied as the move scales with target level. Hypothetically (can't get in game for real numbers), say you're 30, you apply to yourself, you'll see maybe a 100hp shield. However, if you're in a dungeon or EZ, on a level 90, that shield can be 1,000 hp as it would scale up to a level 90 skill.

Characters
Skurge
Platform
Android
In dungeon, I heard that that scales up to level 90, but when I was a level 70 Warrior I barely made it past the blasting to the zombies, and then couldn't even come close to killing one. I don't know if the scaling is as effective as we think it is.

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
If you were trying to do the dungeon solo, it is hardly surprising you couldn't get far - the scaling is based on a minimum of 5 chars.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Numbers wouldnt matter, no care how good an argument is, if it doesnt stroke with your beliefs you will denigrate them anyway. It's lost effort
Why am I writing all this?
Because I think that it would be logical for the power mass absorb shield, absorbing = power single absorb shield. Mass-more mana, single-little mana.

Mass periodic heal, healing power=single periodic heal,healing power
Mass more mana, single little mana.

mass stun CD = single stun CD.
Mass more mana, single little.

Is that logical? It would be super!:p;):love:

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The mass absorb shield only rewards a (small) amount of mana when it isn't actually used. Eg for ranged chars far enough back that they don't take a hit during the time the shield is up. It isn't a feat to provide mana, the mana is just so it does actually do something in the instance that a tank successfully holds aggro and keeps a mob/bounty away from the rest of the party. Originally, the mass shield did not do anything other than shield all members near the priest, and players correctly pointed out that it was less worthwhile than the single use one because it cost more mana than the single use version, whilst often doing no more (or indeed a little less) than the single use version. Divine Recompense was added to make up for this.

Again, prior to Starfall, both shields had relatively short cooldowns and it was possible to maintain a permanent shield on yourself or the tank by spamming each as the previous shield dropped. I assume the longer cooldown for mass shield was deliberate, to prevent this.

As for the strength or size of the shield, remember mass shield is an AoE it can potentially shield 10 to 20 chars in range, and if all these chars were to receive a shield strong enough to withstand 4 or 5 hits that would be ridiculously OP.

It seems to me the problem is nothing to do with mass shield but with the too frequent blasting effect from mobs in the Dungeon. That is dealt with in another thread, so I won't derail this one by discussing it further here, but the purpose of mass shield should be to provide AoE protection for the chars other than the tank who are not the prime focus of the priest's attention. So long as the enemies do not spam AoE hits, it serves that function.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
but the purpose of mass shield should be to provide AoE protection for the chars other than the tank who are not the prime focus of the priest's attention. So long as the enemies do not spam AoE hits, it serves that function.
But,now ,AOE dmg omg srtong,and AOE dmg taken all teammates and he very strong same tank or healer or dd.And now i thinking mass absorb need redisign. And thx for history this spell:)