Chamois

Citizen
Platform
PC
I will preface this by saying that I know nobody will like it..... Why not just be honest and say that more income is needed, rather than take away from membership benefits. Raise the price of them to say $ 9.95 per month and leave them as they are? While not fun for any of us, we do want our Otters to stay in business! Also finding more option to buy things in the store would be a plus (most would take time to put together though) Examples would be armor dyes or weapon appearance packs.....

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Hi Everyone,
We're listening to all of you here.

Here's some background on why we made this change. With the compensation packages, we had to take a closer look at items in the game. We saw that subscriptions were spamming items to every server of every subscriber (so potentially 5x more than intended). It's not a disaster since players usually stick to one server, but it's sloppy game design (on our part), so we thought we should re-balance it. We can later, when we have time, change the system to only target one server, but that's a bit of work.

Personally, we like the concept of a membership providing some goodies every month, but we need to make sure it's balanced. One problem we see with the current membership is that one of the primary benefits of membership is the huge xp gain for members. However, for players at or near level-cap, that's not worth much. So membership has a differing value for a player based on their situation. So, we still need to think about all of this. For now, the cheaper membership with some items removed seemed like a quick solution, and quick is good right now since we need to focus on other projects in the aftermath of the hack (like getting pc crown shop back up- which is finally working), automatic backups (we were having to do this manually since the hack), etc.

Best, Damon
Wow I have never gotten my AS items (rezzies ,sockets,pots) on more than one toon (with the exception of free travel and 2nd shared locker), then again I think that 6 months ago was Pre the shop bag loss. I understand the changes thanks to your explaination (still dont like it, cause the main toon I play goes through rezzies like candy given a 5 year old now that she is in the higher zones (and needs lots of sockets for the same reason)).

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Wow I have never gotten my AS items (rezzies ,sockets,pots) on more than one toon (with the exception of free travel and 2nd shared locker), then again I think that 6 months ago was Pre the shop bag loss.
This refers to if you have accounts with characters on other servers, not getting these items on each of your alts on your main server.

Erwalt

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Raise the price of them to say $ 9.95 per month and leave them as they are?
Personally, I welcome these changes. XP boost is the only thing I care about so reducing the overall price is really nice for me.

I do realize that overall package value has decreased but it all comes down to personal preferences so I guess the only way to do it right is to make customer be able to combine his own monthly package - the more he puts in the shopping cart, bigger the discount.

Increasing the package price for everyone literary means forcing everyone to pay for something they might not need just so some can get the same things cheaper, being it xp boost, or shared vault, or sockets or whatever.

chocaholic

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android, PC
Hi Everyone,
We're listening to all of you here.

Here's some background on why we made this change. With the compensation packages, we had to take a closer look at items in the game. We saw that subscriptions were spamming items to every server of every subscriber (so potentially 5x more than intended). It's not a disaster since players usually stick to one server, but it's sloppy game design (on our part), so we thought we should re-balance it. We can later, when we have time, change the system to only target one server, but that's a bit of work.

Personally, we like the concept of a membership providing some goodies every month, but we need to make sure it's balanced. One problem we see with the current membership is that one of the primary benefits of membership is the huge xp gain for members. However, for players at or near level-cap, that's not worth much. So membership has a differing value for a player based on their situation. So, we still need to think about all of this. For now, the cheaper membership with some items removed seemed like a quick solution, and quick is good right now since we need to focus on other projects in the aftermath of the hack (like getting pc crown shop back up- which is finally working), automatic backups (we were having to do this manually since the hack), etc.

Best, Damon
Hi All,

Firstly, I sympathize with the many issues that the Otters and their team have had to deal with over the last month.

Thank you Damen for explaining the changes to the membership. However like many current members I am disappointed by the changes to ressies and sockets. I can understand that you are having issues with some players over more than one server receiving extra goodies but these items are so valuable to higher level players and many of us only play on one server. Removing these items will discourage higher level players to renew memberships and with problems surrounding lag in the 85 elders these ressies are useful when helping other players.

I would hope you would reconsider your decision to remove these items or find another way to restrict the way membership goods that are distributed to ensure that the system is fair for all membership players. To continue to be a successful game, regular income is needed and membership is the best way to guarantee steady income but membership needs to be attractive to all players. I hope that all players in our game continue to support this amazing game by purchasing memberships and crowns because without an income our Otters cannot survive.

Roselda

Mighty Warrior
Characters
Roselda, Rozelda
Platform
PC
To continue to be a successful game, regular income is needed and membership is the best way to guarantee steady income but membership needs to be attractive to all players.
Agree. My main toon is level 85, so I don't need the xp boost, and travel cost is not an issue. I almost never use the pots. Without the sockets and rezzies, I can't find any incentive to join the Ardent Society. I appreciate the explanation, but it feels like the majority of us are being punished for a programming glitch that affected only a few.

Reactions: Thom
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Is it not possible to have the perks [free travel, share vault, experience boost] activate on all servers being played by the activating account, but have the items [sockets, resurrects, and so forth] be restricted to one server?

Reactions: Zazie and chocaholic
  • Likex2
Characters
Wendy & Song Merrydance
Platform
PC
Is it not possible to have the perks [free travel, share vault, experience boost] activate on all servers being played by the activating account, but have the items [sockets, resurrects, and so forth] be restricted to one server?
The only problem with that would be having to have a means of letting them know which server you're playing on. I started my Ardent membership when I was playing on server US1. I moved to server 2 as my primary. Now I'm on Server 3 and loving it. Since you can't move things from one server to another, anything collected on that server would be lost to you if you switched servers.

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
Some of us play regularly on more than one server so would have to choose which one to nominate to receive any gifts. I welcome all the gifts, being a relatively low lvl on one server !

Kitty the Hunter

Huntress
Platform
PC
The only problem with that would be having to have a means of letting them know which server you're playing on. I started my Ardent membership when I was playing on server US1. I moved to server 2 as my primary. Now I'm on Server 3 and loving it. Since you can't move things from one server to another, anything collected on that server would be lost to you if you switched servers.
Rather than having Otters determine where to send the items, Ardent members could claim them for the server they will want to use them on. Another option is tokens which like crowns can be used across all severs but that idea has the drawback of needing to assign values.

Reactions: William Hououin
  • Likex1

chocaholic

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android, PC
Or when you renew your membership you chose which server you would like your goodies sent to. Players only on one server will have one option, players on multiple server can choose one server. This shouldn't be hard to change.
Otherwise are redeem codes an option considering these players are paying customers? Apple still has redeem codes for their gift vouchers, etc...

Reactions: Chris30s and IrishElf
  • Likex2

Chiarale

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Characters
Chiarale
Platform
iOS, PC
The sockets were my favorite part after the XP boost. But as Damon stated, this is a quick short-term solution while they focus on very high priority issues. We’ve had our game back for several weeks, yet I’d wager the Otters still haven’t really had a chance to breathe. And they’ve taken a big hit from both the downtime and the incredibly magnanimous compensation. For me, Ardent has been more about supporting the game. I am happy to continue my membership and wait for the Otters. As they have done for previous major issues, like run speed, they will come up with a more lasting solution for Ardent Society.

Iseabail

Wizard
Characters
Iseabail, Fianna
Platform
iOS
Ok, I apologize up front I’m late to the convo. I paid the, at the time, monthly renewable AS fee and expected it to continue, now it says I have 7 days left on my subscription.
I’m confused.

(Also saw all of the talk about rebirths and quit reading so sorry again if y’a have to repeat yourselves for me)

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Ok, I apologize up front I’m late to the convo. I paid the, at the time, monthly renewable AS fee and expected it to continue, now it says I have 7 days left on my subscription.
I’m confused.

(Also saw all of the talk about rebirths and quit reading so sorry again if y’a have to repeat yourselves for me)
Did you contact Customer Support? If not please do so. All money (membership) payments are a private issue and handled by CS directly.

Myrth

Hero
Characters
Myrth; Echinacea
Platform
iOS, Android
Hello everyone,

We are making some changes to the Ardent Society Memberships.

Lower Prices
First of all, we are lowering prices for all subscription types and durations.
  • 1-Month Recurring: Was $7.95 is now $7.00
  • 3-Month Recurring: Was $21.95 is now $20.00
  • 3-Month Non-recurring: Was 600 crowns, is now 550 crowns.
  • 6-Month Recurring: Was $39.95 is now $35.00
  • 6-Month Non-recurring: Was 900 is now 800 crowns.
These new prices take effect today!

*Note: We will not be issuing refunds or reimbursements for already processed payments and transactions on basis of old versus new pricing.

Changed Payment Provider
All memberships will now be routed through our new payment provider, Xsolla. Since all of our memberships are processed via PayPal, this will have little effect on anyone, other than the fact that signing up for new memberships will look different, and emailed receipts will be from Xsolla. You can find out more about this over at this post.

Item Change
As part of the restructure of Ardent Society Memberships, there will be a few item changes. These changes will not be taking effect until the new expansion (expected before Summer 2019).
  • Ardent Society will no longer grant 3 Sockets per month.
  • Ardent Society will no longer grant 5 Voltan’s Resurrect per month.
Everything else about the Membership will remain the same:
  • 100% Bonus village and hero experience.
  • Free Travel between travel pads.
  • Access to the secondary shared vault.
  • Free items every month: 10 Full Heals, 10 Full Mana, 10 Bottled Repair Globules.
Since these changes don’t take effect until the new expansion, all memberships (recurring or activated) during this time will still contain the soon to be removed items. Additionally, because of how our memberships work, if purchasing a 3 or 6 month membership, all the items are given at once. This means players can take advantage of the lower price, while still getting all the items! Pretty cool!

Special Legacy Note:
As a special promotion, players who signed up for Ardent Society when it first went live in 2014 were offered a 10% discount. Since the new price point (whether 1,3, or 6 month price) is lower than the stated 10% discount, all players will now be paying the same price.
I am disappointed to read this. I started playing when the iOS version came out. I spent a little to support the game. But I stopped playing due to bugs.

I came back recently and while there are still bugs, the game is more playable. I decided to pay the monthly subscription, in part due to the added value of the sockets and resurrections. Now, a few days later, I learn that these are being taken away. I am not sure if I will continue my subscription or not. Its value is considerably reduced.

Reactions: Johnkittz and Thom
  • Likex2

Johnkittz

Arch Wizard
Characters
Johnkittz
Platform
Android, PC
This is sad. I came back after awhile away and see this. Ardent society has lost all appeal to me and I'll probably hold off on playing the game for now.

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Likex1