Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS, Android, PC, Steam
The "Are you stuck?" dialog comes up far to fast and too often.

- Any time movement is to be slow for any reason: slowed by an enemy, using /walk, or using the mobile joystick to move slowly.
Sometimes it even comes up when you aren't moving slow - e.g. running fast in tight circles.

- The dialog doesn't have a long enough cool-down period: e.g. On mobile, I autorun into a wall, answer that I'm not stuck, but before I can point my toon in the new direction, I am asked again if I am stuck.

And as mentioned by many players, certain fights, such as the level 85 elder that freezes (Belxur), it can cause death.

BBlue

Eldritch Huntress
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta
Platform
PC
I don't like that message either popping up way to often when going up hills or jumping and to me it's like a nanny bugging u every time u get a bit stuck can we please get a feature added to turn it off like we did with new players and not wanting to be auto mount, I would enjoy having the option to turn that off.

Kage

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, Android, PC, Steam
Yes.
Please add an option to disable the “are you stuck?” Dialog box permanently.
This box pops up every time I run into a static game object, or terrain feature, or even when fidgeting my character around (dancing in place, etc.)

This is very annoying.

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
Yes! The "Are you sure" box that pops up are really annoying. I've been playing this game for about 5 years and I am quite aware when I'm taking a piece of gear off, I don't need to be asked a second time. Also when fighting elders the "are you stuck" pop up about kills you. Very annoying. There should be an option in the settings to permanently disable these features.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
The first time I ever fought the 85 elders, I died at Belxur because of that pop-up. There was lag, and I couldn't find my cursor and then move it over to the pop-up box, let alone manage to get the cursor hovered over the "Do not ask again" area, and click the right spot. Instead, I died, and after resurrecting, it STILL had that pop-up box there, asking if I was still stuck. (I swear that I wouldn't have died that time, if not for that pop-up getting in my way! Because of it, I had NO chance of moving my toon out of the ice AOE circle on the ground.) It was so frustrating an experience that I was cussing & my blood pressure was high. Not good.

The last thing you want players to have to deal with in stressful, high-level situations like that are annoying (and deadly) pop-ups that get in the way. I forgot to enact my plan the last time I ran the 85 elders, but my tentative work-around is to purposely try to proc that pop-up before heading to Glendergan. (I was trying to proc that msge while running against a wall in the stairway within Tower, but couldn't get my toon to believe that it was "stuck." Also tried climbing the mountain that surrounds the path to Tower, again, no luck.)

Getting a pop-up asking if you're stuck when an enemy has slowed you is something that the game should be programmed to recognize as NOT a situation where that pop-up comes into play! If I'm trying to climb an unscaleable mountain, and I get that pop-up, I mind it a lot less than if I get that pop-up while in combat!

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited
Hello Everyone!
We changed the "Are you sure you want to unequip this item?" pop-up so that it will only appear if your character level is below 25. You will see the change with the next major build release (possibly sooner).

We also disabled the "Are you stuck?" pop-up whenever your character is in combat so you won't die in combat because of this.

The reason for these (annoying) pop-ups is because of the mountain of bug report and support tickets we were getting from new players who a) removed their weapon, and didn't understand why they could no longer attack, and b) got stuck and had no idea how to get unstuck. It really was a mountain of complaints, so these fixes really helped new players and our workload- but I understand it's annoying for veteran players, so that's why we made these fixes.

The idea of adding a preference to Settings is also good, but it is more work for us (and takes time away from adding new content and features).

Best, Damon

FaunaG

Priestess
Characters
FaunaG, Fion, FGWar, FaunaG Wi
Platform
PC
Thank you Damon!
I appreciate the fix, but after a time or two, especially when changing entire outfit, it got aggravating. So nice that you found a way to take care of it for new and old players!

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Awesome!! (I had found a work-around for unequipping gear -- if you double-click on it, you WON'T get that pop up.) It's seeing that "are you stuck?" pop up while in combat that was particularly annoying (and deadly, too!) LOL!

Characters
Talamur
Platform
Steam
We changed the "Are you sure you want to unequip this item?" pop-up so that it will only appear if your character level is below 25. You will see the change with the next major build release (possibly sooner).

We also disabled the "Are you stuck?" pop-up whenever your character is in combat so you won't die in combat because of this.
Thanks for listening to us, that's really appreciated.

Can't you just add some code like:
Code:
if weaponSlot = empty
echo "You need to equip a weapon to be able to attack"
and maybe you could add new parameters to the /unstick console command to en/disable the popup like:
Code:
/unstick set on|off
so you only need to store a few bytes in the userdata and not make any changes to the options GUI at all !?

Tiberius

Neonga Nation
Forum Moderator
Last edited
Can't you just add some code like:
Code:
if weaponSlot = empty
echo "You need to equip a weapon to be able to attack"
After working in support for close to 20 years I can tell you that ppl ignore warning messages and just click on "OK", even if we'd make it a big blinking box with extremely large font in red with air raid warning sirens and blinking lights plus a mechanical arm that comes out of your monitor and pokes you in the eye. :)

Characters
Talamur
Platform
Steam
After working in support for close to 20 years I can tell you that ppl ignore warning messages and just click on "OK", even if we'd make it a big blinking box with extremely large font in red with air raid warning sirens and blinking lights plus a mechanical arm that comes out of your monitor and pokes you in the eye. :)
Uh yes, i know exactly what you are talking about. It's like you tell someone "Now please left click the Windows startbutton in the lower left corner with your mouse" and you get asked "all lower case letters?" .... LOL WTF? :D

Some people just shouldn't use electronic devices at all, i guess ;)

At least it is like a new achievement, not getting bothered by the popup anymore, once you reach level 25 :ROFLMAO:
Maybe we come up with a better solution in the future, but for now it is an improvement already.

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
At least it is like a new achievement, not getting bothered by the popup anymore, once you reach level 25 :ROFLMAO:
Maybe we come up with a better solution in the future, but for now it is an improvement already.
At least if gives good reason to level a new toon past 25 asap :p

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
/sheepishly I have to admit I did take advantage of the "Are you Stuck" yesterday in Rootstone Cavern when I got mobbed & surrounded by 4 golem. I was Stuck but not in the way the game meant and it moved me enough so I could move as I was trying to escape them (1, 2 ok but 4 a bit much).