z00z

Citizen
Platform
PC
I have had to switch browsers to even get to the forums. It has been 2 weeks since I just returned from an extended stay off the game, but then as I was just building up some speed, an update arrived. Goodbye again, it seemed, as soon as logged in, I found I could no longer get the patcher to fuilly d/l! I remain hopeful, though. Hope I can get going again on the game itself. Here's to luck. <flicks fingernail against side of glass and raises iit> Trying it once again....
You have not been at the game in a while I see Saorsia. Entire system has been down due to a server hack. Still down but close to comming up. Check forums more often to seen when system is due back up:(:coffee:

Rastuasi

Grand Priest
Characters
Rastuasi, Dasudea, Teslatia
Platform
Android, PC
Be careful, it's been known that you could actually crash their efforts or at least slow down their efforts by trying to log in. It pings the servers and takes up resources. So you're essentially DDOS them by doing so. Just be patient, they'll announce when you should try logging in.

Rastuasi

Grand Priest
Characters
Rastuasi, Dasudea, Teslatia
Platform
Android, PC
Hi my friends,
Thanks you for info on pinging server maybe slowing them down.
I wasn't sure how that actually works, but now I am aware of it.

Thanks
your friend
H BRaT
I'm not 100% sure how otters have it set up, I'm not associated with them, but I've been part of other online games where the players trying to log in while doing an expansion caused the server to crash, postponing the update by an extra day.

At a minimum, it could create a ton of error logs on the server that handles connections, which could hinder their efficiency on testing the login and client software as it gets deployed. If everyone generated multiple log entries, their couple of tests would be buried and they'd have to spend time filtering through everything.

Platform
PC
You have not been at the game in a while I see Saorsia. Entire system has been down due to a server hack. Still down but close to comming up. Check forums more often to seen when system is due back up:(:coffee:
Wow. this is a disaster! Poor Otters must be terribly affected, to say nothing of income stream. 😥 Thank you for letting me know this, z00z. I've met you before and find you to be a good source of info & encouragement. At least I was able to get to forum this time. Phew! Really hope it works out fast. <bows to z00z>

Ceri

Huntress
Platform
PC
You can try. You wont get in, but you get to hear the login music finally.
That's understood Noob, my point was that it could be harmful to the website to try to log in before the Dev's are ready for us. Pinging it, at best, could set them back and could delay the relaunch according to some who have posted here and who seem to know.

Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Wouldn't the devs have mentioned it if trying to log in was making it worse?

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Ok it's Thursday.....any joy?lol
It's still just shy of 8 AM Otter time. Unless some of the programmers have been pulling an all-nighter, chances are that they're just rolling into the office about now (or will do that within the next hour or so.) We need to remember to remain patient, even when we get increasingly closer to that time when the servers will come back online again. It's been a rough couple of weeks for all the Otters and we want them to continue to sleep, eat, and take care of their pets and families, as well as themselves. We're all excited and chomping at the bit, but so are they!

I'd rather NOT have the Otters put themselves (or others) in danger just because they're rushing to get the servers up. (And speaking of which, geez Damon, I know your truck has 4-wheel drive, but you could drive a little bit more slowly in that deep snow! If a vehicle containing THREE Otters gets into a bad accident....and please do NOT attempt to take a video using your cellphone while driving in those conditions either!!! This has been a PSA from your mother (who just happens to be much younger than you), who you nearly gave a heart attack the other day!) :p

I'm optimistic that today will be the day the servers will come back online again, and I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Otter Headquarters still has power and continues to keep it! (That outage map that Damon showed us the other day was scary to think about, when we know that they're working very hard to get the servers back up ASAP.)

*cheers on all the Otters*

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
It's still just shy of 8 AM Otter time. Unless some of the programmers have been pulling an all-nighter, chances are that they're just rolling into the office about now (or will do that within the next hour or so.) We need to remember to remain patient, even when we get increasingly closer to that time when the servers will come back online again. It's been a rough couple of weeks for all the Otters and we want them to continue to sleep, eat, and take care of their pets and families, as well as themselves. We're all excited and chomping at the bit, but so are they!

I'd rather NOT have the Otters put themselves (or others) in danger just because they're rushing to get the servers up. (And speaking of which, geez Damon, I know your truck has 4-wheel drive, but you could drive a little bit more slowly in that deep snow! If a vehicle containing THREE Otters gets into a bad accident....and please do NOT attempt to take a video using your cellphone while driving in those conditions either!!! This has been a PSA from your mother (who just happens to be much younger than you), who you nearly gave a heart attack the other day!) :p

I'm optimistic that today will be the day the servers will come back online again, and I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Otter Headquarters still has power and continues to keep it! (That outage map that Damon showed us the other day was scary to think about, when we know that they're working very hard to get the servers back up ASAP.)

*cheers on all the Otters*
Agreed. I apologise. I most certainly wasn't being impatient. I was just trying to be funny since I knew they wouldn't even be at work yet. You have seen how much cheering and everything I have been doing. 😑

Platform
PC
Last edited
I'm wondering if this Hacker was part of the game and got butt hurt over someone or the staff and decided to get even? If so, that's bad gaming..
Honestly, I only just now got that impression, although I've been thinking about a friend on the game who was banned multiple times before the Otters really threw the book at him and banned him forever.

I know he had a lotta frustration about it, outright anger, too. I also happened to find myself what he's been doing recently, several times over the last 2 weeks. Dang it, I hope he has nothing to do with it, but with his disposable income (apparently) and feelings of righteous anger, he may well be behind this, :( I really hope not. But... can't get it out of my mind.

If it is indeed him who's behind it, whether in concert with others, or on his own, I truly hope he fixes it and makes it right again. I don't know if he understands that imaginary worlds have IRL detonation shocks... I won't say his name here, but will say even tho I've been most active on US2 (after I just squeaked in before V-day, I am reattached again), I saw him most often on US1.

A blow against the Otters backfires because it hurts us all.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Agreed. I apologise. I most certainly wasn't being impatient. I was just trying to be funny since I knew they wouldn't even be at work yet. You have seen how much cheering and everything I have been doing. 😑
I understood the tone you were trying to convey in your post (at least I was pretty sure I was.) Just wanted to make sure that the general public was reminded to remain calm and patient cause we're nearly there! It would be awful if people lose their patience at the last minute. :) (Also wanted to remind the Otters, if they're reading, to continue to take care of themselves! We worry about you!!)

Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Honestly, I only just now got that impression, although I've been thinking about a friend on the game who was banned multiple times before the Otters really threw the book at him and banned him forever. I know he had a lotta frustration about it, outright anger, too. I also happened to find myself what he's been doing recently, severazimes over the last 2 weeks. Dang it, I hope he has nothing to do with it, but with his disposable income (apparently) and feelings of righteous anger, he may well be behind this, :( I really hope not. But... can't get it out of my mind. If it is indeed him who's behind it, whether in concert with others, or on his own, I truly hope he fixes it and makes it right again. I don't know if he understands that imaginary worlds have IRL detonation shocks... I won't say his name here, but will say even tho I've been most active on US2 after I just squeaked in before V-day, I am reattached again, and a blow against the Otters backfires because it hurts us all. He may know me as Sister.
I think you can relax about that Saorsia - it must be worrying to think you may know who was involved. But the Otters have made it clear that the game was "only" collateral damage. Tha main target was the server provider. Other companies are suffering from the outage too. There does not seem to be any evidence that MOG was the target. So however angry your friend is, he was probably not the cause of this mess.

Platform
PC
I think you can relax about that Saorsia - it must be worrying to think you may know who was involved. But the Otters have made it clear that the game was "only" collateral damage. Tha main target was the server provider. Other companies are suffering from the outage too. There does not seem to be any evidence that MOG was the target. So however angry your friend is, he was probably not the cause of this mess.
Thank you for telling me
tyvm, Zazie! ~Ysidra (Saorsia in new forums)

Status
Not open for further replies.