Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
If we could have more info for mobile with regards to auction house that would be great.
Nat or regular? ..who is selling it?..a sort by class selection button etc..
Having to spurt through necklaces rings and trinkets is a pain.
Thank you

)0(

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+4more
Platform
PC
in the past the name of the seller was visable but they removed that, not sure why

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
in the past the name of the seller was visable but they removed that, not sure why
I believe that change was made because sellers were sometimes being harassed by other players -- In certain cases, buyers would complain directly to the seller if they thought the price was unfair, or pester them to trade directly, or beg for free stuff....just being a general nuisance. Other times, since the buyers' info was also visible, one potential buyer would harass another prospective buyer and try to use intimidation tactics to gain more limited items.

This is why the AH activity is now all done anonymously -- You can't tell who the buyers are any more than you can tell who the sellers are. (That change happened a very long time ago....maybe about 3-4 years ago?)

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Indeed we saw people:

Being publicly harassed to remove an item from Auction house and told to sell to them for a lesser amount. And the harassment usually didn't stop until the item sold.
Outright verbal wars over someone outbidding someone else. When someone would bid inevitably they'd get whispers from people asking why they were bidding on something that they want. That was unfair to the seller because after being questioned by a "friend" no one would bid on items for fear of retaliation.
People upset and hollering at someone because they felt the person who placed an item in AH was trying to "tip people off".

It was unfair that someone who placed an item in the AH should be harassed in any way or should lose out on gold because of harassment.

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
It's good that the Auction House is an anonymous tool for exchanging materials between players.

What I feel would be a good addition to the economy is a player-run market. Individuals could set up their own stalls and sell their wares. I do think this would only be successful if V&H has a greater variety of interesting items to sell though.

Reactions: just and Giruv
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
It's good that the Auction House is an anonymous tool for exchanging materials between players.

What I feel would be a good addition to the economy is a player-run market. Individuals could set up their own stalls and sell their wares. I do think this would only be successful if V&H has a greater variety of interesting items to sell though.
Similarly, on the old forums I had suggested a Marketplace hub similar to the Auction house but instead of auction it would be a place for direct sales. Another game I played very long ago had a Marketplace and it was very popular.
I understand AH has some direct sale options but they are not easy to find all the time. Maybe both would be a bit much IDK.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I would like the trade system like Anno 1503 had it, you put the item you want to sell into the 'sell' tab, you noted the price a piece you wanted to get, and till what amount people were allowed to take (lets say: until 50 are left, no matter the hight of the stack). Then the items would go in display for other parties to see. Which in here could be a stall people can select to see the sold items. Sounds fun

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I would like the trade system like Anno 1503 had it, you put the item you want to sell into the 'sell' tab, you noted the price a piece you wanted to get, and till what amount people were allowed to take (lets say: until 50 are left, no matter the hight of the stack). Then the items would go in display for other parties to see. Which in here could be a stall people can select to see the sold items. Sounds fun

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
I suggested before the hack a house system that included a vendors town with stalls you could rent.
The stalls could be rented and filled with whatever you want to sell.
A simple graphic showning how full the stalls are so I don’t have to look into empty stalls.

A dream.

)0(

Reactions: just and Giruv
  • Likex2

just

Squirrel
Platform
iOS, Android, PC

Ultima Online was my favorite MMO for a long time and it had this. It was really amazing. I wish the AH in this game at least had more variety..

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
uO had a vendor that would stand in front of your house and never knew if he had stuff for sale or not.
I sugest a flee market zone that had stalls you could rent for gold.
You could have a certain number of items for sale at any given time and people at a glance could see how much inventory the shop has with simple graphics like more or less boxes in the stall.
You could have stall skins/decorations to show off you’re stall and buy signs.
All this could help the gold market add excitement and make V&H even more fun!

)0(

Reactions: Caly
  • Likex1

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
Ps
Stalls would vary in size with larger stalls costing more but can hold more rent could be weekly.
Skins that the player can buy in crown shop to make it look like the type of shop you want like if you want to sell armor you buy the armor house skin and wola you have a blacksmith vendor shop.
Alchemy lab to sell potions
Bakery for baked goods
Fletcher shop for bows
E t...
So you go to flee market rent a tabled buy a skin if you wish put your goods up for sale the more stuff you put up the bigger the pile of boxes inside stall.
Have a sign saying selling this or that you buy for crowns
Set up shop and go

Imp

Reader
Characters
Impresario
Platform
iOS, PC
If I remember the Everquest Bazaar correctly, you picked a spot in the zone, selected the items you wanted to sell, set your prices, then literally left your computer on all night. People entering the Bazaar could search for the items they wanted, then select it from a menu. A quest arrow appeared guiding you to that merchant, and you bought from them the same way you’d buy from any other merchant. I remember staring at blue diamond rings and wishing I could afford them. :love:

It was beautiful. Except the part where you left the computer on all night. That part was stupid.

Tern

Adventurer
Characters
Wes, Inn, Hugh, Sis & Pat Tern
Platform
Android, PC
It would be cool to have an AH "runner" or magically connected AH board in each village. This way we have more than one place to do AH. I was gonna suggest more than one Zog person every 30 levels or so but one seems to be enough. There is rarely more than three people there at one time.