Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Could we please use threads suggesting new concepts as a way to brainstorm?
Responding with defensive statements are a back-handed compliment. It sours the milk creating mindless banter.

Praise and support of present systems should to shine on their own thread, not hidden in a thread as opposition to suggestions for change.
The developers need to know what the players enjoy , not comments hidden in threads.

As my grandmother told me "Nobody cares what you "don't anything". Everyone cares about your "do's".
That was her way of saying if all I can say is "I don't like" I am a pain in the rear but if I offer alternatives she is open to consider my ideas.

I love we have fewer tiers of mats.
It is Wonderful nodes are mat specific in the wild.
Decrease in types of mats simplifies crafting.
I am so excited with the combat free gathering zones.

Wellspring village project is just the best! I bet future improvements will add even more options for village rewards.. "no mote latch crafting for 3 days"!
It is wonderful I can chat while I gather.
My MD loves latch crafting and mats that fly out of the nodes (carpel tunnel is arrested)!

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
I agree, whenever someone makes a game suggestion which is directed to the devs they are stormed upon with a thunderous wrath of horror due to the possibility of change. It's the older players too that are the culprits. It's just a SUGGESTION after all.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
As long as people respond to posts and not to the people making the posts they are allowed to do so in a respectful and polite manner.

Personal attacks on individuals or groups of people are not allowed but differing opinions are, as long as they are done so in a respectful and polite manner.

Reactions: Littlenymph
  • Likex1

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
I agree, whenever someone makes a game suggestion which is directed to the devs they are stormed upon with a thunderous wrath of horror due to the possibility of change. It's the older players too that are the culprits.
The most active proponent of change is Skaavveek, one of the longest standing players around, so I think you ought to reconsider your incorrect sweeping statement. Many of the other excellent suggestions are from players I have know in game for 5 years or more. One could counter that most of the instigation for change is from older players who have seen the game evolve over time and can well compare different ways to address the game objectives.

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
The most active proponent of change is Skaavveek, one of the longest standing players around, so I think you ought to reconsider your incorrect sweeping statement. Many of the other excellent suggestions are from players I have know in game for 5 years or more. One could counter that most of the instigation for change is from older players who have seen the game evolve over time and can well compare different ways to address the game objectives.
You do realize my comment has nothing to do with Skaavveek's suggestions, right? It has to do with the push back from the community within his posts. Instead of saying "oh great idea" or "...but, this would make it better" they are met with, "you know this won't work and what is the point". Your reply just proves my point.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
You do realize my comment has nothing to do with Skaavveek's suggestions, right? It has to do with the push back from the community within his posts. Instead of saying "oh great idea" or "...but, this would make it better" they are met with, "you know this won't work and what is the point". Your reply just proves my point.
I read 99% of the posts in the English part of the forum and the majority of them comes down to "OMG GENIUS" and "BUT WHAT IF YOU TOOK THAT WHAT YOU SAID AND DID/ADDED... INSTEAD OMG I NEED THAT".
That kooka doesnt agree with you doesnt mean he 'storms upon you with thundrous wraths of hate'. I dont see how his reply proves your point, it is even polite. Unless, ofcourse, you consider everyone disagreeing with you as attacking you.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Debate is an integral part of a forum. Criticism is an integral part of debate and is not in and of itself a bad thing. When a good idea is presented, it often develops along the lines of a brainstorming session. Other ideas are often criticized and that criticism is a reflection of how the community perceives the idea. If I feel an idea is not well suited to the game, I will often say as much and provide my reasoning for that criticism. It is not a personal attack on the individual presenting the idea. It's simply my opinion of the idea, itself. I sometimes think we are too sensitive when our ideas are challenged. If you believe in your idea, rise to the challenge and refute the criticism with valid points of your own. We are a diverse community and have diverse opinions on which direction the game should go. It only stands to reason that we will disagree on a variety of issues. The only time this is a bad thing is when we fail to treat one another with the respect and courtesy that each member deserves.