Characters
Mhesah
Platform
Android, PC
Since it's my 1st post here, would like to say hello to everyone :)

I've read about the elder levels and such, noticed there arent much difference in item stats meaning resses, defense and such so far (im still lowbie so correct me if I'm wrong). Currently playing lighting warrior. And now to the point. Since elder levels go and go isn't it wiser to play a holy priest or typical dps class because eventually we will get our defences capped? So warrior will be stuck with his dps while other classes sooner or later will achieve similar survivability in the term of capped stats or is it like warrior gear has more defenses or defense stats in it and other classes will never get to that point? Not talking about skills at all, know the warrior has nice defense skills available.

Erwalt

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Armor + magic resist bonuses you get from elder levels are so minor that don't really make any difference. My guess is you would need a few thousands of those levels just to reach a value of a single lvl 90 crafted rune. With the cap eventually going up this bonuses will be even less important at the current values.
Elder levels are a nice little bonus but nothing you should take into consideration when making your build.

Characters
Mhesah
Platform
Android, PC
Thank You for your reply Erwalt. I was curious because I read somewhere on the net that some player capped defenses and all resses with his priest so I thought to myself that theres no point of making a warrior if You can achieve same thing with other class which also has more survival skills and is ranged.

Erwalt

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Priest is good indeed but warrior is able to put out so much more damage if built that way.
While it is true that every class can cap defense it won't make them nowhere close to survivability of a warrior. Priest needs mana to keep heals up while passives of a warrior (very high block rate + parry) make it avoiding about 50% of incoming attacks. You can go afk with a warrior and respawns won't kill it for quite some time.
If you manage somehow to get 10k of elder lvls you can just drop armor rune and put something else so that skill is not capped. :)
All of the classes work fine atm so just pick what you like, you can't really go wrong.

Platform
PC
Thank You for your reply Erwalt. I was curious because I read somewhere on the net that some player capped defenses and all resses with his priest so I thought to myself that theres no point of making a warrior if You can achieve same thing with other class which also has more survival skills and is ranged.
One of the main reasons that players get alot of armor and ress on their gear is because its easy.
For damage you are sort of stuck getting critrate/critdmg and mana regen. so you get defense on gear and try to get the most dmg out of your talents and runes. Especially in the early lvls.
Still defens classes will allways survive better and dps classes will allways deal more dmg.

Simplified you can say that talents and runes (skills) lean towards dmg for hunter/wizard
While going towards tanking / healing for warrior / priest.

Warriors / priests can trust in their natural survivability and emphasize dmg.
Hunter / wizard can spec towards defense while trusting their dmg.
This allows all classes to usually do well solo against normal enemies and bounties at their own lvl.

Later in the game (when you have more talentpoints) you will start getting enough defense on your dps class, and dmg on your defense-class, that you will trend more towards your strenght.

In party you generally lean towards your strenght.
Warrior - tank
Priest - healer
Hunter - single target DPS
Wizard - AOE DPS

Characters
Mhesah
Platform
Android, PC
I gave it huge thought and decided to play the class I like the most, not tank only to tank, like I used to. Stats come as 2nd. Love the game, it's actually what I was looking for, for many years, community is great aswell and game is as easy and hard as it should be in my opinion. Thanks for all replies, it's time for adventure now! :)

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
Are there actual stat caps? What are they? I still see some benefit even pushing up to the 20,000s. Don't see how I could get too many stats much higher than that.

Characters
Mhesah
Platform
Android, PC
When You open character window, 1st page with stats, hover your mouse over the names and numbers and it will show You whats the capp of curret stat

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
If you're on pc, there's different info that displays depending on what word you hover your cursor over on the character page. Even within the same line for a stat, what info displays depends on whether you hover your cursor over the green arrows in the middle, OR to the left or right of that. (Basically, on pc, on the character page, there is a HUGE amount of info that can display there in pop up windows! Try hovering your cursor over everything (including the AR and DR orbs) to see what I mean.) It's pretty awesome! :)'

Edit to add: Just in case you're on mobile, I'm quite sure that all the info that's available on pc on the character page IS duplicated on mobile! Just long press instead. (I think.)

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Last edited
One of the main reasons that players get alot of armor and ress on their gear is because its easy.
For damage you are sort of stuck getting critrate/critdmg and mana regen. so you get defense on gear and try to get the most dmg out of your talents and runes. Especially in the early lvls.
Still defens classes will allways survive better and dps classes will allways deal more dmg.

Simplified you can say that talents and runes (skills) lean towards dmg for hunter/wizard
While going towards tanking / healing for warrior / priest.

Warriors / priests can trust in their natural survivability and emphasize dmg.
Hunter / wizard can spec towards defense while trusting their dmg.
This allows all classes to usually do well solo against normal enemies and bounties at their own lvl.

Later in the game (when you have more talentpoints) you will start getting enough defense on your dps class, and dmg on your defense-class, that you will trend more towards your strenght.

In party you generally lean towards your strength.
Warrior - tank
Priest - healer
Hunter - single target DPS
Wizard - AOE DPS
though there are major differences due to subclass:
a Lightning Warrior makes a better party tank then a Fury Warrior
a Shadow Priest is not strong on healing (they do some awesome DPS though)
Fire Wiz has some powerful DPS and ice more AOE (at least at lower levels)

I suggest looking at the Talent tree simulator on the website and playing around with the different builds of both subclasses of whatever class you decide to be to get an Idea of their strengths and weaknesses.Also read the forum posts about the builds (both on the current and archived (you will have to wait a bit for the archived ones to come back up) forums). And at low levels it is inexpensive to reset your talent points and try the other subclass or to try the other one on an early rebirth (L30) .

Since it's my 1st post here, would like to say hello to everyone :)

I've read about the elder levels and such, noticed there arent much difference in item stats meaning resses, defense and such so far (im still lowbie so correct me if I'm wrong). Currently playing lighting warrior. And now to the point. Since elder levels go and go isn't it wiser to play a holy priest or typical dps class because eventually we will get our defences capped? So warrior will be stuck with his dps while other classes sooner or later will achieve similar survivability in the term of capped stats or is it like warrior gear has more defenses or defense stats in it and other classes will never get to that point? Not talking about skills at all, know the warrior has nice defense skills available.
Welcome to the game Mhesah