Characters
Hunter, Brae, Red, Torrel
Platform
PC
Hello,
Few year back high level gear require acorns to craft high level gear using pyrite medallions.
The Starfall (I believe) update removed the need of acorns and then the pyrite medallion became dust collectors.
The update that brought in the Marshland and the crafting stones required to craft level 90 started.

Why not bring back the use of the pyrrite medallions to purchase crafting stones in the Marshland.
Easy to do, just add another vendor that stands near the portal pad that sell only crafting stone for pyrite medallion.
It make good common sense to do this because high level player are always running the upper level zones like Fungal cavern
to help mediem level players thru it. They are getting the medallion but don't have a use for the medallion now.

Maybe a 3 to 1 trade medallions for crafting stone

Please take this into consideration to help.

Eddie
H BRaT (Hunter Frost, Braedraza, Red Sky, and Torrel D... US1, US2, and US3)

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
nice idea, would also like to be able to buy stone with living fossil, no one gonna buy living fossil with stone

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Last edited
I thought we could trade living fossil's for the crafting stones.
I had to read what Giruv said a little bit more closely before I understood what was being said. Yes, you can currently buy the living fossils with the crafting stones. But what Giruv was suggesting was the reverse of that: Being able to buy the crafting stones with living fossils. (As they point out, people aren't likely to buy the living fossils (which are more abundant and not class-specific) by spending crafting stones.)

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I had to read what Giruv said a little bit more closely before I understood what was being said. Yes, you can currently buy the crafting stones with living fossils. But what Giruv was suggesting was the reverse of that: Being able to buy the crafting stones with living fossils. (As they point out, people aren't likely to buy the living fossils (which are more abundant and not class-specific) by spending crafting stones.)
But... but... you just said the exact same thing twice, and called it the reverse????

Platform
PC
Pyrrite Medaillons are now three (?) years old and since they have no usage once you bought all keys, most players probably disposed of them anyway. Instead of handing out current endgame items for a three year old resource, they could also remove them completely.

Your suggestion does not make any sense to me and I have no idea how one would come up with such a strange idea. Why not suggest making stones a guaranteed drop on every bounty kill in the Marshlands?

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Pyrrite Medaillons are now three (?) years old and since they have no usage once you bought all keys, most players probably disposed of them anyway. Instead of handing out current endgame items for a three year old resource, they could also remove them completely.
All four of my toons have earned the Pyrron master key, and yet all 4 are holding onto EVERY type of medallion that exists! Why? Because if the system is ever changed or removed, they might be worth something, some day.

You never really know what the future holds in store....Pyrrick acorns and Traven effluxes could be sold for silver when those old systems were changed. When vim went away, any related items were converted into vim shards. Sometimes, hoarding items for a long time ultimately has a small pay-off. :cool:

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
All four of my toons have earned the Pyrron master key, and yet all 4 are holding onto EVERY type of medallion that exists! Why? Because if the system is ever changed or removed, they might be worth something, some day.

You never really know what the future holds in store....Pyrrick acorns and Traven effluxes could be sold for silver when those old systems were changed. When vim went away, any related items were converted into vim shards. Sometimes, hoarding items for a long time ultimately has a small pay-off. :cool:
I think I saw the episode of you on Hoarders :ROFLMAO:

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
They usually convert something to another form when it is truly removed from the game. Call me a hoarder if you wish, but I have learned the hard way that it's not always a good idea to toss something just because it has no value... today.

Just for the record, I don't like seeing anything collected in any game, having zero value. If I can collect it, it ought to be worth something, even if it's little more than a single copper.