Eddie (Hunterone)

Legendary Hero
Characters
Hunter, Brae, Red, Torrel
Platform
PC
Hello,
Few year back high level gear require acorns to craft high level gear using pyrite medallions.
The Starfall (I believe) update removed the need of acorns and then the pyrite medallion became dust collectors.
The update that brought in the Marshland and the crafting stones required to craft level 90 started.

Why not bring back the use of the pyrrite medallions to purchase crafting stones in the Marshland.
Easy to do, just add another vendor that stands near the portal pad that sell only crafting stone for pyrite medallion.
It make good common sense to do this because high level player are always running the upper level zones like Fungal cavern
to help mediem level players thru it. They are getting the medallion but don't have a use for the medallion now.

Maybe a 3 to 1 trade medallions for crafting stone

Please take this into consideration to help.

Eddie
H BRaT (Hunter Frost, Braedraza, Red Sky, and Torrel D... US1, US2, and US3)

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
nice idea, would also like to be able to buy stone with living fossil, no one gonna buy living fossil with stone

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
nice idea, would also like to be able to buy stone with living fossil, no one gonna buy living fossil with stone
I thought we could trade living fossil's for the crafting stones.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Last edited
I thought we could trade living fossil's for the crafting stones.
I had to read what Giruv said a little bit more closely before I understood what was being said. Yes, you can currently buy the living fossils with the crafting stones. But what Giruv was suggesting was the reverse of that: Being able to buy the crafting stones with living fossils. (As they point out, people aren't likely to buy the living fossils (which are more abundant and not class-specific) by spending crafting stones.)

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I had to read what Giruv said a little bit more closely before I understood what was being said. Yes, you can currently buy the crafting stones with living fossils. But what Giruv was suggesting was the reverse of that: Being able to buy the crafting stones with living fossils. (As they point out, people aren't likely to buy the living fossils (which are more abundant and not class-specific) by spending crafting stones.)
But... but... you just said the exact same thing twice, and called it the reverse????

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
But... but... you just said the exact same thing twice, and called it the reverse????
Whoops! Hadn't had enough coffee yet when I wrote that. LOL

Entelligente Ente

Adventurer
Platform
PC
Pyrrite Medaillons are now three (?) years old and since they have no usage once you bought all keys, most players probably disposed of them anyway. Instead of handing out current endgame items for a three year old resource, they could also remove them completely.

Your suggestion does not make any sense to me and I have no idea how one would come up with such a strange idea. Why not suggest making stones a guaranteed drop on every bounty kill in the Marshlands?

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Pyrrite Medaillons are now three (?) years old and since they have no usage once you bought all keys, most players probably disposed of them anyway. Instead of handing out current endgame items for a three year old resource, they could also remove them completely.
All four of my toons have earned the Pyrron master key, and yet all 4 are holding onto EVERY type of medallion that exists! Why? Because if the system is ever changed or removed, they might be worth something, some day.

You never really know what the future holds in store....Pyrrick acorns and Traven effluxes could be sold for silver when those old systems were changed. When vim went away, any related items were converted into vim shards. Sometimes, hoarding items for a long time ultimately has a small pay-off. :cool:

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
All four of my toons have earned the Pyrron master key, and yet all 4 are holding onto EVERY type of medallion that exists! Why? Because if the system is ever changed or removed, they might be worth something, some day.

You never really know what the future holds in store....Pyrrick acorns and Traven effluxes could be sold for silver when those old systems were changed. When vim went away, any related items were converted into vim shards. Sometimes, hoarding items for a long time ultimately has a small pay-off. :cool:
I think I saw the episode of you on Hoarders :ROFLMAO:

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
They usually convert something to another form when it is truly removed from the game. Call me a hoarder if you wish, but I have learned the hard way that it's not always a good idea to toss something just because it has no value... today.

Just for the record, I don't like seeing anything collected in any game, having zero value. If I can collect it, it ought to be worth something, even if it's little more than a single copper.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Eddie (Hunterone)

Legendary Hero
Characters
Hunter, Brae, Red, Torrel
Platform
PC
hi,
Chiming again. If you are a supporting guild leader, officer or player, you have a tendency to help lower level player get thru zones and depending on the zone (for example: fungal cavern) you pick up more and more pyrrus medallion even when you don't need them.

If you don't run around and help other and have your pyrrus mastery key already this mean nothing to you, but those of us that do help other end up with a pile of unusable medallions that need to be put to use some how.

It is a way of using an acquired item that is useful and help to develop the character over all in the end. These medallion need to be change to have a way to be used after you have bought the last key. Any solution would be preferred rather then throw away every time you get one.

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
I don't see that they need to have a use. It really is not different from helping a lower level player through a zone that does not earn medallions.

Reactions: Majenta
  • Likex1

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
These medallion need to be change to have a way to be used after you have bought the last key. Any solution would be preferred rather then throw away every time you get one.
I totally agree. If you earn lower level medallions you don't need, you can exchange them for higher level. Despite that, I have half a vault full of medallions - hoping I can someday use them.

Why not let medallions be exchanged for Red Doubloons or charter tokens or some selection of boosts? The rate could be high - a hundred medallions to a Doubloon - but it would give reason to go back to those zones, plus have some use for the ones earned during rebirth.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
You are one of the more helpful players in the game, so I know that you are speaking from experience.

I happen to share your opinion and have commented on this very thing, before. The fact that this topic pops up, again and again, is evidence that it is something a good portion of the player base is interested in. I've always been of the opinion that anything that can be gathered ought to have at least some form of value. There are a hundred or more suggestions on what that value should be. Speaking for myself, I'm not really concerned with the specific value, so long as there is some value. Considering the fact that they have great and necessary value when being collected the first time around, it would just make sense for them to retain some value once the collection is complete.

Eddie is not asking for something that has never been considered or done before. We used to be able to put the excess into village projects, so obviously, the devs have recognized at some point that players needed an outlet for disposing of this excess material in a manner that extended at least some measure of benefit. Sadly, that option has been removed. He is not asking the devs to grant another benefit. He is asking them to restore one that went missing with the Wellspring expansion. I do not feel that to be an unreasonable request.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1