Jelani

Squirrel
Platform
Steam
I know it's a small thing but the calendar is now repeating itself (again). We haven't had ANYTHING new in ages and we were all patient with the hack etc and I know the new update is coming.... But it is now getting to be very long time with no events, no changes nothing. And for me the last straw may be an ever repeating calendar. Can you please try to give us something new?

Platform
PC
not for players who play only one character
You can hold the specialty items (ie don't use them) until you DO make another character and use them on that character. :) Or, you can choose not to use them at all. There are lots of other advantages to the calendar - sockets, buffs for gathering, crafting, ranching, gardening, combat...not to mention gold and xp buffs.

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
The calendar is premium (item shop) items for free. All you have to do is hop online, claim, and you can leave again if you want. How is this even an issue? I suppose if it is a problem, perhaps they should just remove said calendar again?

The Beer

Daggertooth
Characters
The Beer
Platform
PC
The calendar is premium (item shop) items for free. All you have to do is hop online, claim, and you can leave again if you want. How is this even an issue? I suppose if it is a problem, perhaps they should just remove said calendar again?
I think he mean only monthly prize, not other daily rewards.

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
The only event we missed was Sugarsweet, and I supported skipping that one for fear it would delay the expansion and the next, more popular, event in line. The next scheduled event is Vale, and the devs have already posted that will be included in the coming expansion.

The calendar repeat is not a bug. It was stated back when it was first implemented that it would repeat for a number of years. Repeating the calendar has three benefits which favorably affect the majority of users.

1: It allows all players to obtain the main rewards for alternate characters. There are 3 free character slots, so it would not surprise me to see it repeated next year as well.
2: It allows casual players and daily players that missed rewards due to real life issues to fill in any missing reward shards from the previous year.
3: Until such time as it does rotate, new players will have an opportunity to benefit from the same rewards as established players. The calendar rewards are not meant to be rare. They are there as a reward for all active players and it is anticipated that as many players/characters as possible will have them. Players that have been here for more than a year, never miss a day, and only have a single character, are a pretty small minority in the game.

The calendar repeat is by design. I support that design. Even if I did happen to have all the major rewards, I would still be happy with the many other free items that are on it every month. I really don't see this as an issue.