Paranoia

Villager
Forum Moderator
Characters
Paranoia
Platform
Android, PC
It's the same for me right this moment.
Find the CS-button in the upper right corner of this forums page. ;)

Reactions: Isa Beau
  • Likex1

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi,
Can you get into the game now? If not, can you tell me what device you're using (pc, iphone, android, or steam), and which server you're on?

Thanks,
Damon

Isa Beau

Squirrel
Characters
Isa Beau, Navarre, Kelbo
Platform
PC
I'm still getting the error Damon, I'm on us1 but I can't get that far, I posted a screenshot with my first post and submitted the customer service forms. Thank you :)

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Damon posted that before we just learned what's going on. One of our other service providers is down right now, which is causing this. :( We hope to hear from them soon!

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi ,
Steam players, Android, and iOS players should still be able to play. We think PC (SAC) players are affected by this outage. Hopefully our CDN is fixed soon.
Man, when it rains, it pours!
Damon

Reactions: BadgerReborn
  • Likex1

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
By the way, if you are already signed into the game on PC- we recommend you don't close the game client! Once you do, you won't be able to get back in until our CDN is back online.

Isa Beau

Squirrel
Characters
Isa Beau, Navarre, Kelbo
Platform
PC
I got on this morning but had to log out and now I'm getting the same message again. Gameissue.png

Isa Beau

Squirrel
Characters
Isa Beau, Navarre, Kelbo
Platform
PC
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but I'm still getting an error message.

Isa Beau

Squirrel
Characters
Isa Beau, Navarre, Kelbo
Platform
PC
I have talked to Damon on Discord so they are aware something is going on with a few of us. Thanks Kookaburra :)

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Likex1

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi Everyone,
Our best guess is this: yesterday the CDN that we use had an outage- its "DNS" server was down. Some internet providers cache those records, so I'm guessing yours cached the bad DNS values when it was down. You need to flush those values from your computer so that they refresh to the new, correct, values.

This is only a guess, but it fits all the evidence we're seeing because most players can play fine, but a few cannot. Some internet providers update their DNS a lot.

Here's how to flush and refresh the DNS values:
  1. If you are NOT on Windows 10: Go to Start, Run and enter “cmd”. If you are on Windows 10: open the start menu, immediately type "cmd" and click "Command Prompt" that appears in the list
  2. Type “ipconfig /flushdns” into the command prompt.
  3. Press Enter. You will be informed that your DNS cache has been cleared.
  4. If you experience problems refreshing the cache you could also try the following commands in the stated order(press enter after each command):
    • ipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew
    • ipconfig /flushdns
If this works, please let us know!
Thanks,
Damon