Mad Otter Games
Contest #3: Write a V&H Christmas Story
Get your pens and/or typing fingers ready and your writer caps on, because for this contest we’d like for you all to spin us a creative little tale! Write an original short story set within our Seven Realms and pertaining to the holiday season. It must be a minimum of 400 words (and please don’t paste one word 400 times), and in some way, shape, or form, incorporate the five phrases you will find below.
- Your short story must incorporate, in any order, the following five phrases. Please highlight the phrases with a different color in your story:
- A snickering elf with insomnia and dental hygiene issues
- A pair of dancing candy canes
- A single, unwrapped present which would occasionally levitate in the air
- The uneaten Christmas cookies baked by a disillusioned fire wizard
- The hairy big toe on Grinchta’s left foot
- Your short story must be a minimum of 400 words
- You must be the original author. Please do not submit the work of someone else as your own!
- Be sure to give your story a title
- Only one submission per player
- Please clearly include your name and server in your post
- You may post your entry on either the Forums or Discord. (But not both please.)
- The server with the most valid entries will be deemed the winner, and will receive 1 Point for this contest.
- Additionally, a special First Place prize of 100 crowns and a Second Place Prize of 75 crowns will be awarded to two individuals for their work. Criteria for judging will be based upon:
- Quality of the writing
- Cohesiveness of structure
This contest will close on December 24th at: 12pm PDT/ 3pm EDT/ 20:00 UTC/ 21:00 CET