Walt

Anybody tell me how long a combat tick is... Is it 1 second? Need to know this for my build... Thanks...

Walt

Combat tick, generally refers to the amount of time between attacks... Useful to know when managing DOT, quantitative ability effects, etc... For instance, a certain shadow priest ability is only triggered after 30 DOT applications, or, 30 "ticks"...

Forum Moderator
Characters
IrishElf, Rishi, Irish, Elf
Platform
PC
They state on each feat you arm, the time is based on whatever skills you have plus and additional boosters. V&H priest combat.jpg

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last I checked it was around 1.25 to 1.5 seconds between ticks. That was well over a year or two ago though. Best to just head to a training dummy, cast a DoT and attempt to gauge it.

Walt

Good idea SkAAVVEEK... Though, my investigation in pve has led me to believe it may be lower now. That said, I'll give the training dummy idea a go. This should lead to more accurate results...

Platform
PC
I dont know how fast basic autoattack is.
What i do know is that the DOT Set Ablaze has a 15 sec duration and does 8 ticks with the last one dealing half as much damage. I assume that that means that a DOT tick is 2 sec and that the last one ticks at second 16 for half damage.

I havnt really tried to time it. I know that some things don't take the time it is supposed to. But if that is due to lag, V&H timflow or bugs is hard to tell.