Do you think crafted trinkets should be unbound?

• Yes

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Total voters

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I don't really see a reason as to why these are bound. I think it would be healthier for the economy if they were unbound like all other gear. Crafters enjoy creating things for their friends or earning cash by selling gear in the auction house.

What do you think?

Reactions: Apocolypzo and IrishElf
  • Likex2

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Personally I never craft trinkets, they are not worth it at the 1 or 2 crafts and to craft them 30+ times for rare or epic (could those be epic with the masteries? Dont remember) is just too much of an effort for me, because I know I'll be stuck with many good items in search of the best one that I just wont be able to get over my heart to trash, salvage or sell. I rather just roll with the ones that drop for me, those are usually fine enough.
If they WERE tradeable there would be more incentive to craft them into stars, because you can sell them or give them away.

Reactions: Panthera
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I never craft trinkets either. I don't like the active rune on the crafted trinkets, would never use the base stats from crafted trinkets, and unless my toon is lvl 88-90, I refuse to spend yet another socket just to get the reinforcement rune from them. I try very hard to replace my trinkets on levels ending in a zero and 5 (you have the highest chance of getting rares at those levels, because of drop loot from elder kills.) Replacing trinkets at levels ending in 3 and 8 would make it harder to get the exact drop loot trinket feats I want, at the exact levels I want.

Since I have so little use for the crafted trinkets, I don't care one bit whether they're soulbound or not. LOL (I've also recently discovered that they take FAR too many mats to be worthwhile (in particular, the highest level recipe in each tier) AND you can't salvage them. Too much of a waste of gold and mats for my taste!)

Reactions: Karma
  • Likex1

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
I made some recently for the runes but forgot they were soulbound until I tried sending them to another toon. I ended up selling them to a vender. Also I dislike that you can't salvage them. Crafting them felt like a wast of time and resources.

Reactions: Karma
  • Likex1
Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Yeah, I do use them for the lower levels when the runes aren't as vital. And they help with woodcraft grinding.....they take a lot of wood, but selling them gets back most of the crafting costs, and the exp is huge.

Reactions: Myst
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I don't really see a reason as to why these are bound. I think it would be healthier for the economy if they were unbound like all other gear. Crafters enjoy creating things for their friends or earning cash by selling gear in the auction house.

What do you think?
Agree, we really should be able to sell anything we craft. Not gnogmented I understand that, but all crafted items!

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Agree, we really should be able to sell anything we craft. Not gnogmented I understand that, but all crafted items!
Even acct bound would be better than Soulbound cause then your crafting toon can at least give them to alts that are not high enough in craft skills (getting one maxed is a lot of work much less trying to max 3 or more (depending on how many character slots you have

Anthem

Bog Frog
Platform
PC
The only reason I worked at leveling woodcraft is because trinkets where Soulbound. I wanted to see what they where like. It is to easy to avoid crafting and obtain crafted items from other players. I like that there are a few items you need to make yourself or not have at all.