Cacos

Villager
Platform
iOS
Hi,
I am creating my first character and had some questions about the character creation. I see I get to choose 3 options for crafting and gathering and then either ranching or gardening. I plan on choosing priest as my character. If I choose 3 gather professions, does that mean I will not be able to do any crafting? Also, if I choose ranching, will I not be able to garden?

Secondly, is it possible to make my main character a gatherer and then have two alts who are crafters that I can feed supplies too? Can I max out all crafting skills at level 1, or will the crafting skills only raise as high as my combat level?

Thank you for any help.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The skills you choose in character creation just give you a little headstart on those particular skills. You can still level all 10 village skills as far as you like.

It is perfectly possible to max any skill without combat. There are "safe" gathering zones at Lake Kiwa, Ardent City and the Thriving Isles which can all be reached without combat levels. Ardent you can run to from Summer's, Thriving you can SWIM to, and Lake Kiwa you can get a free travel rune by completing the gathering quest in Summer's Hollow. Just grab the telepads for each, and you can jump back to them any time you like.

The only slight issue is that for the very top level of crafting, you need items from Zorian Marshlands, but as long as you have at least one maxed combat char , you can do that.

Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Hi,
I am creating my first character and had some questions about the character creation. I see I get to choose 3 options for crafting and gathering and then either ranching or gardening. I plan on choosing priest as my character. If I choose 3 gather professions, does that mean I will not be able to do any crafting? Also, if I choose ranching, will I not be able to garden?

Secondly, is it possible to make my main character a gatherer and then have two alts who are crafters that I can feed supplies too? Can I max out all crafting skills at level 1, or will the crafting skills only raise as high as my combat level?

Thank you for any help.
And MANY people have alts that just do crafting or ranching or gardening. You will have a shared vault with all of your alts which you can use to pass things back and forth.

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Hi,

Thank you for any help.
what you want to boost depends on your class warrior you want it to be smith/Ore
for just about everything else you want it to be tailory or woodcraft (bugs would be a good gather for tailory because of silkworms and the ability to craft cloth) Plant lore levels up VERY VERY QUICK so you may not want to boost that and when it comes to garden/Ranch you may want to boost garden so you have a headstart on food for sheep (fleece) and boars(Pelts) (which use gardening items for food).

Xloui

Villager
Characters
Aloui Bloui Cloui
Platform
iOS
Interesting possibilities in exploring out of the beaten track. How do you swim to The Thriving Isles? I tried from Kingsport, but got to the edge of the map before getting out to sea. I would really like to try this. 😄