grasshopper

Citizen
Platform
PC, Steam
Where are the data files for my characters stored? I'm on SAC, Windows 7. Thank you for any help! :)

grasshopper

Citizen
Platform
PC, Steam
Thank you for responding Irish. I am looking for the files that store the information regarding character name, level, progress, and village. I am trying to restore files from a system backup but don't know the data file names or location.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I dont think a file with your character level etc is on your computer? I mean, that stuff is stored online in the servers. That is why you can also open your toon on a completely random pc without all those files and with only the sac installed

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
If you delete your game then download it again, all your files should be loaded correctly.

If you are trying to fix what's broken, when you log in there is a cog in the corner of one of the log in screens... if you click that, then click verify assets, that too can fix any broken links.

grasshopper

Citizen
Platform
PC, Steam
I dont think a file with your character level etc is on your computer? I mean, that stuff is stored online in the servers. That is why you can also open your toon on a completely random pc without all those files and with only the sac installed
Thanks Ekimie. Maybe there is another issue with the game itself. I performed a clean install and the login did not recognize my user name or password.

grasshopper

Citizen
Platform
PC, Steam
If you delete your game then download it again, all your files should be loaded correctly.

If you are trying to fix what's broken, when you log in there is a cog in the corner of one of the log in screens... if you click that, then click verify assets, that too can fix any broken links.
Thanks Irish, I will try that when I can get in with my username and password.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Check for typos - I had "email not recognised" and it took ages (and a fair degree of unparliamentary language!) before I noticed I had typed a comma instead of a dot in ".com"