High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
I would like to share my observations. When people drop out of VH. I called them lethal levels.
Death levels are 30-35, at this time the main quest ends and the player is left alone with the world.
if the player survived and continued to play, then the next death level starts from 80lvl, when killing bosses in Dartry Woods the game offers to kick you a bounty 1.5 level to 82. But if the player survived and continued playing and got 82 and then 84 level, then rest assured he will be 90.
So I would like to draw your attention to the two death lines 30-35 and 80-82. On these death lines for the player, the action ends.
You might think how to fix it ?:unsure:

The Beer

Daggertooth
Characters
The Beer
Platform
PC
i was annoyed when i had to run same pyrron zones to get level 75 ... but ok .. then i reached level 80 and had to be level 82 .. ok why not ... i completed main quest and ... surprise .. you had to be level 84 to enter next zone ... reached anyway mainly by calendar xp and dungeons but when i completed quest in glendergan and it say i must be level 86 i totally gave up here ... i play game for fun not for boring runs same zones again and again ... even if they would add more daily quests here as in copse, coille and tombs with nice xp ,... but in this way only killing bounties its really boring

Platform
PC
i was annoyed when i had to run same pyrron zones to get level 75 ... but ok .. then i reached level 80 and had to be level 82 .. ok why not ... i completed main quest and ... surprise .. you had to be level 84 to enter next zone ... reached anyway mainly by calendar xp and dungeons but when i completed quest in glendergan and it say i must be level 86 i totally gave up here ... i play game for fun not for boring runs same zones again and again ... even if they would add more daily quests here as in copse, coille and tombs with nice xp ,... but in this way only killing bounties its really boring
This has been a complaint since the game started for high lvl players. Quite simply, we as players go through content faster than devs can create it. This results in one of two (sometimes both) scenarios:
A - High lvl players cap very quickly and get bored - and complain and leave.
B - High lvl players need a crap ton of xp to get to new lvls. This keeps them occupied (but still bored, running the same zones) because they want to reach cap.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to the problem - maybe there's a player that has a better suggestion.

Platform
PC
I don't understand how a player can stop at low levels. Do not you have a story line to follow? Well. Explore! You have a world to explore, you are free until you start Traven's missions. If the problem is the slowness to grind levels and you don't want to buy exp boost in the Item Shop, buy some pies Lvl 90 ... some gold you'll get at level 30.

Now I will say words that will show how old I am in this game: when I started the maximum level was 30 (after a couple of months the areas of Maiden, Wizard School - Dorm, Wizard School - Lab were added) and there was not no story line. This didn't hinder me because I had a great desire to explore.

Patience. This is the rule in this game. I'm sorry that a lot of people do not have it but it's like that. A new content every 8 months (if all goes well) always killing the same bosses, collecting millions of crafting materials, etc.

Obviously this is my thinking and character in an online videogame and if everyone were like me V & H would be full XD

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Last edited
Again an old topic: it used to be worse, but now it’s better, oldschool players say you are impatient, you don’t know how to play and blabla bla.
Only I gave simple statistics, when people from my gi gave up to play, at what level.
I am certainly patient, I will get 90 lvl from the principle .but I will be alone, I will play alone, with myself.
VH positions itself as mmorpg, but 90% of the game is sologaming.
I read here in the reviews about the game that if VH could have been played without the Internet, many would not have noticed it.
I do not cry and do not complain, everything keeps me tired .Only from this new players does not become more.
I’m writing here on the forum for one reason. There are a lot of old players on the forum who like everything. Developers think that everything is good for everyone and that their business is ok. Newbies who are indefatigable will not write on the forum, they will better remove the game.
writing on the forum was fashionable in the past century, when everyone was playing on the PC. Now the century of mobile technology and mobile content of games. A typical player with a mobile device will not write on the forum.
I almost do not see the players who wrote here on the forum and played only on the mobile device.
therefore, if you are interested in the opinion of the mobile and noenglish and nodeutch community, here I am writing.
If you don’t mind the opinion of the other community, don’t give me cookies, calm down and better write shutup and banned me.

Platform
PC
I believe one of the things you are experiencing is the linear approach this game has. = definitely not a sandbox. But you know once you have a cash shop model, everything caters to the shop. Since their only income is the shop, they have to find ways to get you in their. I've only seen one game manage this well without involving any game 'mechanics' other than inventory space in the cash shop. In my view these guys went too far. They are selling you sockets.. experience boosts, all kinds of game mechanic affecting items in the shop. Which means they have to make you want them now. And to make you want them they have to slow down your progress in the game so that you will need an experience boost and such. It's kind of sad really in my view. Because they do have something fun underneath. You just have to fight through the oil slick to get there. Do you (Remember or have read The wheel of time?):D

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Last edited
The "sockets.. experience boosts, all kinds of game mechanic affecting items" that come in the shop [among other things like keys] also come from the daily calendar, random drops, quest rewards, and elsewhere. Many "game mechanic affecting items" can be crafted as well. If you are a power leveler, it's not enough because nothing is ever enough. If you are more of a casual player, it's enough to see your character along with few, if any purchases. It's pretty much a matter of your play style and the game can not cater to every style out there. If anything, the Otters are a bit more generous with items than they need to be. There is nothing in the cash shop that is necessary to play through end-content.

That said, yes, it is a linear game. The level 30 bottleneck is due to the main storyline leaving off there, but the storyline is always evolving and being added to. The one closer to end-game is primarily due to the fact that the game has not been capped off yet. The game remains a work in progress, and it just seems to me that part of the complaint here is that this evolving game is not finished yet. Well... that's why it's evolving.

"Writing on the forum was fashionable in the past century, when everyone was playing on the PC. Now the century of mobile technology and mobile content of games. A typical player with a mobile device will not write on the forum."

That is off-topic for the original OP, but we can visit it if you want.
Modern forms of social media are great for real-time communication and most certainly have a purpose. Sadly, they are useless at having a deep discussion or debate on a topic. Feel free to take this topic to Discord if all you want is a series of three line [at best] opinions. It will be off the page within hours and good luck accessing it again if you want to revisit it. Those are great places to express opinions. Forums are for exploring ideas. They each serve a different purpose and neither could fully replace the other. You don't have to be old to use the forum; just willing to have your ideas and opinions tested. From some of what I have seen, that is a skill set many of today's "typical" players have little interest in developing.

We have an expansion coming out this year and we should be getting a sneak peek at it within the next week or so. I think we all have ideas on improvements and retention, but I'm going to hold off on any of that until I see what's in the new build. Hopefully, some of it will address areas people seem to be having an issue with.

Platform
PC
For the level 30-35 I did a test. I created a new character and developed it until the last story quest was completed. When the story missions ended, I was left with a character at level 36 and 107 gold in my pockets. I developed the character without external help using only mission equipment or dropped by the Bosses. The only support was purchases the pie at auction house (+ 20% EXP) and some mana potions. I played about an hour and a half per day for about a week ... and now?

Now I have many areas to explore, lower or higher than my level, with all their secondary missions:

Slopes of Grogul 20-23
Swamps of Grogul 23-26
Maiden 28-34
Goldenvale 29-31
Hungry Troll Cave 31-33
Tavern Basament 32-34
Badlands 32-34
Wizard School - Dorm 33-36
Old Verda 33-35
Spider City 38-40
Rackabone's Peak 34-36
Rackabone's Cave 35-37
Cook Cavern 35-37
Hogfish Mine 35-37
Shiverspine 35-40
Crystal Quarry 37-39
Wizard School - Lab 37-40

My nature as a player / explorer is enough to keep me occupied until I reach level 40-42.
The the combat leveling is quite easy and I don't think it's the main obstacle. I saw more players abandoning for other reasons how to develop 10 other skills between Crafting, Gathering, Gardening and Ranching and this tired them and they didn't feel involved (someone said " this is not playing, it's only boring") and others immediately abandoned to level 1-2 because there is no PvP ...
Yes it's true, 90% of the game is sologaming but 10% is combat and the remaining 80% is a lonely villager.

How can villagers cooperate together besides the village projects? :)

Characters
Jurksch, Murksch, TiffanyWeh,
Platform
Android, PC
My nature as a player / explorer is enough to keep me occupied until I reach level 40-42.
The the combat leveling is quite easy and I don't think it's the main obstacle. I saw more players abandoning for other reasons how to develop 10 other skills between Crafting, Gathering, Gardening and Ranching and this tired them and they didn't feel involved (someone said " this is not playing, it's only boring") and others immediately abandoned to level 1-2 because there is no PvP ...
Yes it's true, 90% of the game is sologaming but 10% is combat and the remaining 80% is a lonely villager.

How can villagers cooperate together besides the village projects? :)
Great question. And I do belive this comes along as how much players do interact with other players. Besides the devs there are events and group content and people busy, to create situations for all gamers, to play together.
Sad enough, these opportunities are not used that much, that could be.

The last 2 years I see more and more players NOT havin much interest in playing together with other players, no matter the possobilities, but to solo around. Well, thats fine.

But if people dont use the possibilities to interact, they are left with only powerleveling and consuming content.
And this, as already written, will allways lead to boredom and giving up. IMO. Because nobody can create content that fast, as it it consumed.
No matter the structure and financial background of the game, ftp or else.

I am realy sorry about this problem, and I would be happy, to have any working idea how to support and motivate players to stay and have fun.
Because its a great game and a great community.
For shure I know, the Otters are working on it.

But until then, I dont have an answer.

Platform
PC
This is not as easy as it might seem because of the way the game is player and designed villager levels are not given much recognition. When we hover over a players name, check our guild or friends list, or look at our village roster, we see their COMBAT level. Nothing to indicate their villager skills, or interests or even if they have a specialty. For the most part, this part of the game is ignored in regards to player content.

Some things that could be done include non-combat groups, chats, newsletters, bulletin boards, etc. Villages could include a list of the top crafters in each village, another option is the ability to see a players skills when hovering over their name in a list, rather than limiting this to while in person. Most of this would need to be done by the players themselves. A thread here or a chat on Discord could be a way to keep in contact with other players focusing on their villager side.

Adding villager-supportive side content would be the best option. Hopefully that is on the way.