CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
This just may be my craziest post yet. I know I often come across as blunt and straight forward but please hear me out.

As a new(ish) player but no longer consider myself a noob, I used the old forums EVERYDAY to read and get tips and hints on how to proceed in the game. Everything from gathering and crafting to questing and getting past Pyrron zone (THANKS Selia (sp) ). There was a wealth of information but was often hard to sift through what I needed to find. In the old forums quest information was filled with old crafting mats needed to complete quests and there sometimes was a disclaimer saying “this is mostly accurate but has been updated recently due to so and so expansion.”

Most concerning was when the forums switch over to the new site, I would still go to the old forums to find the information I needed but then come back here to check news updates and socialize in real time. Also when I went to the forums after the site change I noticed HUNDREDS of users and guests still logged into the old forums while only 32ish (example) people were logged into here.

I think it’s time for a complete forum refresh and if it means us newer generation of players needing to write quest walkthroughs then that is what needs to be done. Let the old forums Rest In Peace and let us rebuild this forums as the sole place for game info.

Long story short - I hope the devs do NOT restore the old forums and put it to rest once and for all. Yes... I will struggle without the old information, but its time to bring everything here.

CW

Platform
PC
I strongly disagree. there is a wealth of information in the old forums we would be foolish to lose. Much of it is not replaceable and would be lost forever. the threads that need to be updated can be rewritten and moved to the new forums. the reason so many players are still on the old forums is testimony to how valuable they are.

Characters
BadgerReborn ,Badger66
Platform
Android, PC
and some of us have screenshots in albums etc from the old days of the game, or rather the beginnings.
one of the reasons this forum might look a bit underpopulated could also be folk using the invisible mode, though seems to be more or less the same daily average as were on the old forum too when it was the only forum.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Actual visitor counts have been much higher on the new forums since they were launched - the vast majority of unregistered visitors on the old forums were bots (simply a result of the site having been around for much longer), and on these forums it's now much easier to set yourself as invisible. The actual stats in terms of visitors, pageviews and threads/posts made are consistently much higher here :)

In fact, just to give an idea, last month these new forums saw about 14,000 unique visitors (i.e. people) and over 600,000 pageviews!

I think that the best solution is the one we currently have planned, which is to keep the old forums accessible but read-only. That way the existing wealth of information is still available to everyone, but with time all relevant information will gradually be present over here. Pretty much a win-win situation :)

All that said, I still can't give any sort of promise of when we'll be able to bring the old archive back online. Work on the game itself takes priority, so we'll see when it will be possible to restore at some point in the future.

Characters
MrFrost
Platform
Android
I strongly disagree. there is a wealth of information in the old forums we would be foolish to lose. Much of it is not replaceable and would be lost forever. the threads that need to be updated can be rewritten and moved to the new forums. the reason so many players are still on the old forums is testimony to how valuable they are.
Right you are! Knowledge should be kept. I do however agree that the new forum should have more attention so a merge of the info would be ideal. So nothing is lost but attention is brought to new forum. Maybe like a (old library) tab which is just imported info from old forum.

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
MysticFox
Platform
PC
I think that the best solution is the one we currently have planned, which is to keep the old forums accessible but read-only. That way the existing wealth of information is still available to everyone, but with time all relevant information will gradually be present over here. Pretty much a win-win situation :)

All that said, I still can't give any sort of promise of when we'll be able to bring the old archive back online. Work on the game itself takes priority, so we'll see when it will be possible to restore at some point in the future.
I am okay with that but I do wish the older Patch Notes were available now. So many changes in the year and a half I was unable to play.

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
MysticFox
Platform
PC
Last edited
Thanks Majenta. I did read those but there is still a gap. I was unable to play for too long :(