Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Platform
PC, Steam
Even if you don't pay you will still be able to access the items in that shared vault. You can take items out you just can't put items in without Ardent Society. You don't need CS to do anything for you in that situation.
Above all though is the attitude you are messaging with. I'm not trying to be unpleasant but patience is a virtue. Of course you had no access to the items in your shared trunk 2 while the game was down. You aren't the only one who was out of the game for two weeks. It is going to take time for the otters to get stuff done.
Regards from not an Otter or mod
but an Ardent society member who is still paying because this game is worth it!
For information I just tried to remove items from out of 2 nd trunk after membership has expired and you cannot access them

Xorion

Master Villager
Platform
PC
Yea, there is a bug to buy crowns through my Android phone, I tried.. and there was an error. Lol, it's almost slight torture to be a non-member after being member for so long xD. I travel around alone because I am mainly a gatherer/crafter for village. And seeing how costly it is to travel. URGH! What is this mention of temporary membership? 'Cause I had 5 days left on my account before the servers went down... so, could I sign up for that until like I guess March 15th when the compensation comes? And on that note, I noticed there is no way to buy a one-month membership via mobile? Why is this? But there is on PC. I can only go month to month, as I have low income so I do not like being on a re-occurring charge.

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Yea, there is a bug to buy crowns through my Android phone, I tried.. and there was an error. Lol, it's almost slight torture to be a non-member after being member for so long xD. I travel around alone because I am mainly a gatherer/crafter for village. And seeing how costly it is to travel. URGH! What is this mention of temporary membership? 'Cause I had 5 days left on my account before the servers went down... so, could I sign up for that until like I guess March 15th when the compensation comes? And on that note, I noticed there is no way to buy a one-month membership via mobile? Why is this? But there is on PC. I can only go month to month, as I have low income so I do not like being on a re-occurring charge.
Have you opened a ticket with CS about these things?

Oberic

Villager
Platform
PC, Steam
Greetings! Just received some items after the server restart. Thank you! However, all my inventory bags were full at login, and I was so surprised by it. Maybe there was not enough free space in my bags to receive all stuff. The following things were found: 15 Miracle Water, 6 Chest of Darrig, 3750 Mote of Yorik, 21000 COG Coin, 8+2 Ultra Harvester, 2 box of Legendary Ring, 1 box of Legendary Necklace, 10 Socket, 5 Voltan Resurrect, 10 Full Mana potion, 5 Zarim Pincer, and some gems worth around 90 gold, but those were mixed with some other already in the invertory, due I was gathering before downtime. I dont mean to be greedy, just wondering, if other things missing compared to the list in the image on top. May those went into the Void. :)

Nadiria

Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Greetings! Just received some items after the server restart. Thank you! However, all my inventory bags were full at login, and I was so surprised by it. Maybe there was not enough free space in my bags to receive all stuff. The following things were found: 15 Miracle Water, 6 Chest of Darrig, 3750 Mote of Yorik, 21000 COG Coin, 8+2 Ultra Harvester, 2 box of Legendary Ring, 1 box of Legendary Necklace, 10 Socket, 5 Voltan Resurrect, 10 Full Mana potion, 5 Zarim Pincer, and some gems worth around 90 gold, but those were mixed with some other already in the invertory, due I was gathering before downtime. I dont mean to be greedy, just wondering, if other things missing compared to the list in the image on top. May those went into the Void. :)
Did you check your Overflow bag? :)

Characters
Hunter, Brae, Red, Torrel
Platform
PC
omg, that is super sweet.
the dev's are being extremely generous for what has happened.
The action of a hacker messed everything up, and dev's went out of there way to try
to make compensations for this.

thank you very much
Eddie
H BRaT: (Hunter Frost, Braedraza, Red Sky, and Torrel D)

Characters
Gentrice, Blue Mouse & 3 more
Platform
PC
The new outfit that we have been helping to design will be released with the expansion "before summer". Please look at the compensation poster at the top of this topic, page one, it's all clearly laid out.

Characters
The Duke
Platform
PC
Basically all you nice folks are telling me is to take it on the chin like 98% of the community. I'm not that guy. Nor am I angry and rude. One example of an email sent in regard to numerous after still no response is a great way to assume though.

Characters
The Duke
Platform
PC
Even if you don't pay you will still be able to access the items in that shared vault. You can take items out you just can't put items in without Ardent Society. You don't need CS to do anything for you in that situation.
Above all though is the attitude you are messaging with. I'm not trying to be unpleasant but patience is a virtue. Of course you had no access to the items in your shared trunk 2 while the game was down. You aren't the only one who was out of the game for two weeks. It is going to take time for the otters to get stuff done.
Regards from not an Otter or mod
but an Ardent society member who is still paying because this game is worth it!
So, basically what you're telling me is that my 2nd vault that days it's locked is working even though I can not add or remove items?I unsubbed 2 days before the
I realize you are upset but you truly are you own worst enemy as stated above. I've been following your posts because I love drama and a nice glass of wine.

From what I can gather you cancelled your ardent membership in the middle of the servers being down because you were so upset that a paying customer wasn't receiving the product they paid for, and you were outraged by the fact that you couldn't cancel your membership. Now you are going to miss out on tons of compensation by doing what you did. That sucks.

Now you want items in your shared trunk that you know you only have access to when you have an active membership that YOU had them cancel.

You've paid $500+ but won't pay a few dollars now to restart your membership.

I am not sure but you realize you probably only needed to contact CS and be really nice and explain your situation and they probably would of dropped a month membership in your inventory for free based on your past purchases, right? But now you come on here making a big deal out of it. I hope they do nothing.

By the way, no matter how much money you put into the game you own absolutely NOTHING and those items in your shared trunk 2 do not nor ever will belong to you right?

I am also curious what is in your shared trunk too I can't wait to find out.

CW
When a person sends a nice calm winded professional email to a company in which they have spent money, I don't care if it's 5 dollars or 5 thousand, generally, one would expect a reply to their inquiry. There are these nice systems in place where, if you click a button, you can generate an auto-response. Most times, those come with a tag that says "Do not reply to this email." Now, when that occurs, that means someone has seen your inquiry.

I'm not bitter, nor am I angry at the situation, I understand these things happen when games go down. We were quoted a time in which the game was expected to be up. I removed my sub initially when the original "projected date" passed. I'm sorry that it matters to people that I expressed displeasure. I'm sorry that I'm being told nothing in regard to my banking information being secure other than some generic answers. I do sincerely apologize that what I have in the vault I paid for is not "mine" in legal terms.

I will say, with a slight grimace upon my face and a tilted brow, that I don't appreciate being unable to access 25 sockets, extra bag space and a shield gnog pack that is still unopened. I know that people are curious from your winded response so those are the things that matter to me. The crafting materials are easier to obtain with the generous offering of compensation the devs gave us, early at that! Yes, I did get the total package for being a subscriber during the specified time, because, in fact, I didn't unsubscribe in a hasty manner. Adults tend to be patient, which I was. Let's be clear here, my payment was linked to PayPal so I knew that end was secured as far as information goes, my concern came from the unknowing of Mad Otters end.

I do regret that I have no access to things I have stored in there since thanksgiving for safe keeping are no longer in my reach due to the inability to access them. I sit in shame because I have not been able to respond to this thread in a few days due to school, work and life. I'm also full of such displeasure with myself because I can't follow live streams and forums like most. The part that has me confused is, I can currently resub, but, not for one moth to get my belongings. That, to me, speaks of greed, but, I have no clue how to code things or how to program internet purchasing for businesses. Yes, insert hard sarcasm there.

I do hope this resolves the issue that some seem to have with me. I, for one, will not be taking it personally because the backhanded, passive-aggressive attacks do not bother me. I simply want to enjoy a game with my counter-part to escape the hustle and bustle of the real world which stresses most of us out. I'm sure that's something we can ALL relate to. I do apologize sincerely for my lack of response to any and all that have quoted my original statement. Perhaps I should hire PR for me so as to be more swift. Then again, I'm not the number one mobile game in the world. ;)

As someone who spends a lot of money on online games, I can certainly understand your frustration. If you feel like you've been treated unfairly then you have every right to voice your complaints. I'm not going to judge you badly for doing so. I can only comment regarding my own experience, and in my opinion the Otters did what needed to be done to compensate me for my losses. Those of us with AS missed out on 2 weeks of subscription time while the game was down. For me that equates to about 100 crowns total. As compensation they gave me 225 crowns in addition to various other gifts. Personally, I feel that's more than fair. Again this is just my opinion based on my own experience. I can't assume to speak for you or anyone else. As far as what others might think concerning your complaints, it's your money and your account. Here's to hoping that this entire mess will soon be nothing but a bad memory and we can all get back to enjoying the game.
I'm more than appreciative of the what the team has done for us in terms of compensation. It is indeed more than fair and more than any other game probably would have considered. If this is their way of telling me to suck it up and use the free things as a way to get what I can not access in my vault, then so be it. I'd be content with that. I just don't appreciate the passive aggressiveness of a lot of the community in their assumption that one has time to follow EVERYTHING the devs are doing or have said. This is why I sent numerous emails. Even a simple "x y and z are all addressed in threads a b and c" response would have sufficed. Cheers.

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
If I understand the above correctly, a part of your concern is that you received no response to your CS tickets. If that is the case, I would like to point out that since the CS tickets go to the same server as the game itself, immediately after the attack CS and bug reports were also down, (and indeed bug reports still are) which is why the Devs used these forums (which fortunately had been moved to a different server shortly before the attack) and the Livestreams to keep in touch. Any CS tickets sent at the time would receive no response simply because Mad Otter did not receive the ticket.

Characters
The Duke
Platform
PC
If I understand the above correctly, a part of your concern is that you received no response to your CS tickets. If that is the case, I would like to point out that since the CS tickets go to the same server as the game itself, immediately after the attack CS and bug reports were also down, (and indeed bug reports still are) which is why the Devs used these forums (which fortunately had been moved to a different server shortly before the attack) and the Livestreams to keep in touch. Any CS tickets sent at the time would receive no response simply because Mad Otter did not receive the ticket.
I followed the instructions that were given through the forum, hence my frustrations. I did see there is a new way to contact them and will be using that from now on, thank you!

The Dutchess

Mighty Warrior
Platform
iOS
I realize you are upset but you truly are you own worst enemy as stated above. I've been following your posts because I love drama and a nice glass of wine.

From what I can gather you cancelled your ardent membership in the middle of the servers being down because you were so upset that a paying customer wasn't receiving the product they paid for, and you were outraged by the fact that you couldn't cancel your membership. Now you are going to miss out on tons of compensation by doing what you did. That sucks.

Now you want items in your shared trunk that you know you only have access to when you have an active membership that YOU had them cancel.

You've paid $500+ but won't pay a few dollars now to restart your membership.

I am not sure but you realize you probably only needed to contact CS and be really nice and explain your situation and they probably would of dropped a month membership in your inventory for free based on your past purchases, right? But now you come on here making a big deal out of it. I hope they do nothing.

By the way, no matter how much money you put into the game you own absolutely NOTHING and those items in your shared trunk 2 do not nor ever will belong to you right?

I am also curious what is in your shared trunk too I can't wait to find out.

CW
LOL this is uncalled for. Actually, some of the things in the vault were items I purchased as gifts, so they may be pixelated items but sentimental none-the-less. The duke and I support server 3. We use the vault to assist in running one of the few guilds on server 3 that supports new players. We actually try teach them HOW to be productive Villagers, and spend time explaining things and making sure they understand the basics of the game. We also provide crown item we purchase ourselves with our own cash to players who cant really afford to do so. We ARE productive members of the server. We DO assist in keeping the player base active. We Do try to keep it exciting to new players who might eventually become disinterested because they lack understanding of basic V and H gaming concepts. Normally I really keep it positive, but this comment isnt very calm, nor does it promote a feeling of calmness. CALM WIND...not necessary, nor is it helpful. The Duke deserves a voice, and this just wasnt necessary.