SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Please consider toning down the damage from enemy blasting in the dungeons as the party size scales up. In larger groups it is impossible to stay alive unless you have spirit of the storm because the blasting effect will trigger constantly. Lost many heroes today. :'(

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Thank you! It does seem to kill those with lower hp a lot! We were told to "kill the bounty" but even at the non-bounty groups those with the low hp seem to die often.

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
I had a hard time with the blasting as a fury warrior all the way into my seventies on 4th rebirth. Finally had to learn to hit and run. But before that I didn't have a chance, instant kill.

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
Yeah big team but you're US-1, everybody's probably level 90 right?

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
Having a nice build means nothing if your HP is low enough to die in one blast
not everyone is on level 90. it's about team work. aim bounties, be fast and u get Gold Tier without dying. that's all. being Lv90 means nothing if the Lv90 don't have nice build
I do agree though, the teamwork is the main component. I want to go on another gold run, been a couple weeks.

Reactions: ICAS
  • Likex1

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
I couldn't help it, I was only level 70s.

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
kk got it. in this case u really need a good team
I'm up to 83 now with 11 elder levels, so I'm able to hold my own by now. Put a couple gralla seeds in me with a malice dram and I might even be helpful.

Reactions: ICAS
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
we don't have problems on US1 when we get a PRO DG team. it's always Gold Tier when the team knows what to do especially by aiming BOUNTIES over mobs. even with big team!
But there are/have been runs when the mobs or bounties do throw the big AOE the OP mentioned which kills the lower HP players.

Reactions: Skurge
  • Likex1

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
we don't have problems on US1 when we get a PRO DG team. it's always Gold Tier when the team knows what to do especially by aiming BOUNTIES over mobs. even with big team!
US3 does weekly server runs which can have over 30 folks of all levels running the dungeon at once. At that point it doesn't matter how good teamwork or gear is - that blasting will destroy anyone without spirit of the storm.

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
US3 does weekly server runs which can have over 30 folks of all levels running the dungeon at once. At that point it doesn't matter how good teamwork or gear is - that blasting will destroy anyone without spirit of the storm.
Lol, can't imagine a run with 30 people. What a mess that must turn into. Dead bodies everywhere.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I never counted how many people in the large groups, but really the only deaths are usually from the huge AOE's they throw. The priests do a good job of shielding/healing everyone most of the time. And isn't that what a good balanced fighting team is supposed to be?

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
US1 does daily DG runs and it use to have 20 players around. we can count the deaths tbh. i can't feel this pain honestly, maybe it's only me? idk lol. even when more people join we can still have nice Gold runs with not much deaths. i can keep saying that: good team matters. that's on US1 at least
I am very happy to hear US1 is doing daily gold dungeon runs with 20 players, however, I am not speaking on behalf of US1 or any particular server really. Specific bounties have a blasting stat that will have a chance to trigger per each attack directed towards it. While in a smaller team of 5 - 8 this is not an issue, larger groups will quickly fall due to this ability.

Imagine for instance 25 players simultaneously hitting this single enemy. Perhaps it is getting hit 15 times per second, which is likely a very conservative estimate considering the various ticks from applied DoTs. Let's assume out of these 15 hits that 3 will trigger its blasting effect. That is 3 blasts per second. This results in a constant stream of blasting, a literal force-field of damage around the boss. Anyone who steps in close that isn't in uber gear will be decimated within 1 to 3 seconds unless they have invincibility. US3 has lower leveled players, and often dungeon runs are packed due to the higher population of that server.

My request, simply put, is that as the group size around blasting enemies increases past a specific limit (perhaps 15), that the damage output of the blasts themselves decrease.

This means that smaller groups will be entirely unaffected, while larger groups will not be entirely obliterated when they encounter these enemies. I don't think it was intended to run dungeons with teams over 10 players, so likely this is an unintended effect. Dungeons are quite popular however, and often the group size will well exceed 15 whenever one on US3 is announced. This includes a lot of newer and lower leveled players.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I've also seen it happen with a party of 6, that some of the mobs and bounties can let loose with a huge feat (reminiscent of Skaarn when he was bugged) and almost the whole party can die. I've seen many scenarios in the dungeon and it does and can happen everywhere!

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Why 90 lvl, no problem getting a gold rank in heroic dungeon? Because only 90 lvl has BIS gear, at 90lvl you can make all gear 90lvl. And on other levels you can never crafting all gear the same level .you can never crafting head 30lvl, body 30lvl, legs 30 lvl and weapon 30lvl and etc.
Therefore, except for 90, you will never be dressed in BIS gear, and your attack and defense rating will be not optimal .:unsure:

Sampai

Arch Wizard
Platform
iOS, PC
I think that the main issue with dungeons is the fact that damage almost has to be scaled massively. There aren't really enough intricate mechanics that can pose the same difficulty, and that sadly does limit things. Unless there are some new combat mechanics that can be implemented (I don't believe there's much left on that front) then dungeons will likely have to remain scaled this way.
That's just my 2 cents :)

Reactions: High Inquisitor
  • Likex1

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
I think that the main issue with dungeons is the fact that damage almost has to be scaled massively. There aren't really enough intricate mechanics that can pose the same difficulty, and that sadly does limit things. Unless there are some new combat mechanics that can be implemented (I don't believe there's much left on that front) then dungeons will likely have to remain scaled this way.
That's just my 2 cents :)
Like and dollar over it;)