Platform
iOS
As a fellow players that spent a decent amount of time in the game... I'd like to enjoy doing dungeon runs. Instead you form a good team, you go to the dungeon and you see low levels that are dead weight coming like roaches and ruin your gold run/s. Now... the question is, is that fair? Those that spent hours and hours preparing buffs, potions and polishing their gear to the utmost just so they can aim for a gold run, and those that play chars with 2 skills and when they run out of mana they only do normal hits.
Well what a lovely system - pure cancer.
It's about time the developers do SOMETHING about it - and by something I mean change it to how dungeons are in every single game - with a premade party. No leechers.

I think I made my point clear enough...
Yes, I'm mad, since no one bats an eye and they all keep silent. Not me.

Thanks for hearing me out, hopefully this gets viewed by the right people.

Platform
PC
I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the system that's set up. I happen to enjoy it - yes, sometimes we have good runs, sometimes not so good...but they're always fun. <Though, I'm not out to get gold EVERY time - I'm just there to have fun with friends>

I hope that they don't change it to a party only thing - it's one of the few areas that high lvls and low lvls can play together and I love that we can do that. <maybe a future dungeon will be more 'selective'.> One thing that I really enjoy about our game is that we can all play differently (and do!) - and the game allows for that.

Platform
Android
I feel the exact opposite. I love having players of all levels come and join our runs on US3. If we had an elitist attitude and only ran with lvl 80+ then the lower levels would never get any runs done. Lower levels for one reason or another, simply do not do well at rounding up players of similar levels to run with. I can't speak for everyone, but I personally don't mind giving up gold rank and possibly silver to make sure everyone that wants to come, gets included. To me it is all about having fun and gaining gold/exp/gear as a community, not by only running as a small clique for the benefit of a few.

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
As a fellow players that spent a decent amount of time in the game... I'd like to enjoy doing dungeon runs. Instead you form a good team, you go to the dungeon and you see low levels that are dead weight coming like roaches and ruin your gold run/s. Now... the question is, is that fair? Those that spent hours and hours preparing buffs, potions and polishing their gear to the utmost just so they can aim for a gold run, and those that play chars with 2 skills and when they run out of mana they only do normal hits.
It's about time the developers do SOMETHING about it - and by something I mean change it to how dungeons are in every single game - with a premade party. No leechers.

I may not agree with you but you have the right to say how you feel about it.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited

Yea your point is very clear you want a game that is for long time players and don't want newer Players to ruin you fun.
I'm a LONG Time (Sense 1980 started on the origional D&D) Role Player of many games, and the same thing happens: More Experenced players don't want novice players messing up the their game. The dungeon is made for for all players Level 25 and up. It is your responsibility as a Senior Player to help newer dungeon runners with the basics of running the dungeon, by giving them the basic objectives on dungeon runs. Like Killing the Bosses first, letting the Tanks pull aggro, keeping track of mana and suggesting nicely that they should get plenty of Mana & Healing pots.
I know the dungeon runs are not the greatest, mainly because the Gold Rums can only be done once or twice a day. But don't blame new dungeon runners if you miss out on a perfect gold run, because no run is ever perfect & we all were new to the Dungeon.

I'd Like to say I'm Sorry to anyone who found my comments offensive.

Dawnfire

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
I think a good part of this issue would be solved if the rewards were changed to a token system (you buy gear with tokens), where better ranked runs simply offer more tokens, so people who are going for max gear (only available in gold atm) would still have incentive to play with groups that only do silver/bronze. Right now many high end players only want gold runs cause worse ranking offers nothing to them.

Instancing could be another solution (or better yet have both), albeit I'd rather have the community not fragmented, and just go with tokens so everyone wins.

Platform
PC
I understand you very well. Waiting every time the dead players is a big waste of time and the reward doesn't stimulate me to try a new run. I hope into a change with future dungeons.

FaunaG

Priestess
Characters
FaunaG, Fion, FGWar, FaunaG Wi
Platform
PC
I can understand your frustration. I'm not sure what the solution would be to make it fair. Unless there were two types of dungeon. one for highers and one for lowers with different difficulties. But that wouldn't work either because highers do like to help lowers sometimes. So I dunno.

Maybe it would be possible to introduce a kind of automatic group search in the dungeons. Staggered from level or simply random, for those who like to run with low levels.

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti
Platform
Android
I like the fact all levels can run together. It's one of the few places in the game where all levels can cooperate in a meaningful way. I do think some kind of token system might help, like 5 bronze tokens equals 1 silver, 10 silver equals 1 gold. It would still provide incentive to get gold, while not penalizing lower placing runs.

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
Instanced dungeons would solve this. One party per dungeon raid. This doesn't mean that you can't have mixed level parties, it just means uninvited addons will need to form their own groups.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Last edited
Absolutely agree! The dungeon is designed only for higher players. To go to gold you need a topgear toppotion topenchant. At the 90 level, going to the dungeon is a good way to get an epicgear and improve it to the legendary .With the existing crafting system, wild gear in world is much better craft gear in Zorian Marshland. Yes, and go to the golden rank faster than to craft the necessary gear with the necessary statistics. In a heroic dungeon go for topgear and not for experience and gold .all low lvl who write that they go for fun and communication can have fun and chat on Instagram, Facebook, Twiter. I am very surprised when people write that they use V and H for communication. Are they living on Aliaska? Now there are a lot of messengers and social nets .
And when I hear about the heroic dungeon that it is accessible to any level I find it funny. Hahaha. Let the Otters team take mobile phones and try to pass the heroic dungeon at level 28 with your team. And show me on LIVE the face of the person who will heal the party on your mobile phone !

Taking this opportunity, I want to thank all 90lvls players from the German server who made me run in heroic dungeon.Guyz I didn’t know what kind of trash I was until I got the maximum level.
Community with German servers y BEST !:love:

Forum Moderator
Characters
IrishElf, Rishi, Irish, Elf
Platform
PC
IDK, I've gone on dungeon runs lots of times and even high level players die (my priest did too, some of those aoe's are brutal), some miss mobs and don't finish; but we just continue the run and finish it with whoever survived. The bounties respawn so quickly, you can redo the whole run as soon as you finish one.

V&H has long had a system in place, (event zones are like this too), where anyone who hits a mob or bounty can get credit. We asked for that to be and they made it that way. It's so everyone who wants to join in can do so. Damon Otter said here, https://www.madottergames.com/forums/threads/interview-with-damon-mmocourt.709/#post-8382 that they hope to instance the dungeons, but for now it's what we have.
HERE'S THE QUOTE: "Damon: My favorite addition was the Dungeon Runs. These add a competitive element to the game. There’s a timer on these, which adds excitement and adrenaline. They are repeatable, and vary based on size of the party. We’re going to greatly expand these in the future, adding dozens more, instancing them, and providing dynamic variation based on level of size of party. "

If your group wants to run the dungeon, do it. If others tag along I guess I don't see how it's hurting your party. You don't have to wait or restart for people who come in and join you.

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
IDK, I've gone on dungeon runs lots of times and even high level players die (my priest did too, some of those aoe's are brutal), some miss mobs and don't finish; but we just continue the run and finish it with whoever survived. The bounties respawn so quickly, you can redo the whole run as soon as you finish one.

V&H has long had a system in place, (event zones are like this too), where anyone who hits a mob or bounty can get credit. We asked for that to be and they made it that way. It's so everyone who wants to join in can do so. Damon Otter said here, https://www.madottergames.com/forums/threads/interview-with-damon-mmocourt.709/#post-8382 that they hope to instance the dungeons, but for now it's what we have.
HERE'S THE QUOTE: "Damon: My favorite addition was the Dungeon Runs. These add a competitive element to the game. There’s a timer on these, which adds excitement and adrenaline. They are repeatable, and vary based on size of the party. We’re going to greatly expand these in the future, adding dozens more, instancing them, and providing dynamic variation based on level of size of party. "

If your group wants to run the dungeon, do it. If others tag along I guess I don't see how it's hurting your party. You don't have to wait or restart for people who come in and join you.
I merely think as it is said here, and like it's the responsability of everyone to help lower level players for elders, i do feel it's the same for dungeon runs. It's part of what is making this game great : a nice community helping each other.

Platform
PC
Last edited
I understand where Bawse is coming from. ...These past few days I've been frustrated with people showing up and doing the Dungeon along with me and the group I was running with. There are several reasons for that. It can just take one or two additional people to miss out on a Gold ranked run. Another reason is that sometimes I would like to make Gold ranked runs with a specific group of people, because we know we can make Gold on time or have a good chance for Gold. Another reason is that sometimes I feel like we are being used as leveling mules for lower leveled players at the Dungeon. Another reason is that we have no control over who runs with the party, uninvited players, random people showing up just as we are about to start and joining in, or a person said to have looted our village vault on another character. ...Perhaps instanced dungeons with the possibility of creating a party from a roster of players is an idea, as well as having a free-for-all dungeon as it is now.

Platform
PC
I've had gold runs with lower lvls mixed in. Had one just last week. It's not the lvl of the players that matters - it's how well they work together as a team. I really hope the game doesn't go the route that suggests only elite players can enjoy certain content. That's not how our community was built and it won't help our community along either.

Forum Moderator
Characters
IrishElf, Rishi, Irish, Elf
Platform
PC
I've had gold runs with lower lvls mixed in. Had one just last week. It's not the lvl of the players that matters - it's how well they work together as a team. I really hope the game doesn't go the route that suggests only elite players can enjoy certain content. That's not how our community was built and it won't help our community along either.
I have too, I think it depends more on what feats the mobs/bounties use on the group than the level of the participants.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I have too, I think it depends more on what feats the mobs/bounties use on the group than the level of the participants.
And also strategies specific to the dungeons, which can be taught. (Like noticing the different debuffs on the bounties in dungeons and responding accordingly.) There's a wonderful guide to the dungeons posted here on the forums. I would rather see more players learning from this (and from other players too) than to see the dungeons be adjusted in the favor of the elites only.

If you're level 90 and are going to run dungeons to get epic level 90 gear, at the very least, set aside times when you're going to run dungeons and then publicly announce them as open-to-anyone-who-shows-up runs. It's called taking care of your own needs while also setting aside some time to help lower level players. But not every single dungeon run should be exclusive to the elites!

Dungeons can be a "teaching moment" and it's important to remember that dungeons are a microcosm of the rest of the game. What does it say about our community if newer, lower level players are made to feel unwanted in a zone where everyone IS free to join in?

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Absolutely agree! The dungeon is designed only for higher players. To go to gold you need a topgear toppotion topenchant. At the 90 level, going to the dungeon is a good way to get an epicgear and improve it to the legendary .With the existing crafting system, wild gear in world is much better craft gear in Zorian Marshland. Yes, and go to the golden rank faster than to craft the necessary gear with the necessary statistics. In a heroic dungeon go for topgear and not for experience and gold .all low lvl who write that they go for fun and communication can have fun and chat on Instagram, Facebook, Twiter. I am very surprised when people write that they use V and H for communication. Are they living on Aliaska? Now there are a lot of messengers and social nets .
And when I hear about the heroic dungeon that it is accessible to any level I find it funny. Hahaha. Let the Otters team take mobile phones and try to pass the heroic dungeon at level 28 with your team. And show me on LIVE the face of the person who will heal the party on your mobile phone !

Taking this opportunity, I want to thank all 90lvls players from the German server who made me run in heroic dungeon.Guyz I didn’t know what kind of trash I was until I got the maximum level.
Community with German servers y BEST !:love:
You're wrong. Dungeons were never designed for high level players. They were designed for all, just because you dont like that doesnt mean it isnt so. And as to your laugh about communication, well, I do use the game to chat. It is even one of my favourite things to do. I dont have instagram, twitter, facebook, and they are not even designed to have conversations. Chat is a big integral part of the game. It is how you play TOGETHER. Which is for a big part the point of an MMO. I would never want to trade the in game chat gor instagram. I dont care how many different languages there are or how well or not you speak them, you're just being disdainful to everyone who is not as strong as you and who uses the game differently than you.