High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
You're wrong. Dungeons were never designed for high level players. They were designed for all, just because you dont like that doesnt mean it isnt so. And as to your laugh about communication, well, I do use the game to chat. It is even one of my favourite things to do. I dont have instagram, twitter, facebook, and they are not even designed to have conversations. Chat is a big integral part of the game. It is how you play TOGETHER. Which is for a big part the point of an MMO. I would never want to trade the in game chat gor instagram. I dont care how many different languages there are or how well or not you speak them, you're just being disdainful to everyone who is not as strong as you and who uses the game differently than you.
omg Ekimi, you read what I write? I advised the Otter to go on a small level in heroc dangeon. I laugh at the naive people who EVERYTHING STILL THINK that in bad equip and gear you can go heroic for a golden rank. I laugh at those people who assure that all is well and I'm angry .I write about the problems, I am not angry. And you can see that I am very grateful to the players of my server who help me.
But now the reality is this:
Heroic dungeon can go to the golden rank, only very strong players at level 90. THIS IS REALITY, THIS IS THE TRUTH OF LIFE.
Stop living in the dreams and delusions.
if I write that healing on a mobile phone is very difficult, then this is not I NUB, but the party interface is left undone.
ONCE AGAIN I REQUEST: DEAR OTTETS, CREATE A GROUP FROM DEVS AND AT 28 LEVEL COME AT HEROIC
and then let's see who is right and who is not!

And I love the players and the people .if I were indifferent, I would be unwritten, but simply left the game.;)

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I laugh at the naive people who EVERYTHING STILL THINK that in bad equip and gear you can go heroic for a golden rank.
We actually have had low level players along on a dungeon run that got gold. As long as the higher level or capped players know what they are doing it is very possible to do.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Last edited
We actually have had low level players along on a dungeon run that got gold. As long as the higher level or capped players know what they are doing it is very possible to do.
Elf i know, I was also taken to the golden rank. Thank you to the German players. But I understand that I was useless. I was taken because the Germans are a very friendly community .:p

But I went with ordinary players. We practiced a lot, did a lot of potions, drum and breakfast. They knew how and what to do. Each player in the group had a 6-8 attack and defense rating. All were wearing blue and violet gears.And we never could get to the golden rank .we realized that blue and violet gears are few and attack rating and defense of 6-8 are few.

That's the truth of life ....

Platform
PC
omg Ekimi, you read what I write? I advised the Otter to go on a small level in heroc dangeon. I laugh at the naive people who EVERYTHING STILL THINK that in bad equip and gear you can go heroic for a golden rank. I laugh at those people who assure that all is well and I'm angry .I write about the problems, I am not angry. And you can see that I am very grateful to the players of my server who help me.
But now the reality is this:
Heroic dungeon can go to the golden rank, only very strong players at level 90. THIS IS REALITY, THIS IS THE TRUTH OF LIFE.
Stop living in the dreams and delusions.
if I write that healing on a mobile phone is very difficult, then this is not I NUB, but the party interface is left undone.
ONCE AGAIN I REQUEST: DEAR OTTETS, CREATE A GROUP FROM DEVS AND AT 28 LEVEL COME AT HEROIC
and then let's see who is right and who is not!

And I love the players and the people .if I were indifferent, I would be unwritten, but simply left the game.;)
You are wrong. Your description is NOT reality. It is NOT 'the truth of life'. Last week, I participated in a GOLD dungeon run as a lvl 38 priest in dropped gear... Were there some lvl 90 players? yes. Did I make things more difficult for them? I don't think so. Did we have other mixed lvl players in the group? YES. You do NOT have to be lvl 90 in the best gear to survive and excel in the dungeon as it is. THAT is what we have been trying to get across.

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Last edited by a moderator
As a fellow players that spent a decent amount of time in the game... I'd like to enjoy doing dungeon runs. Instead you form a good team, you go to the dungeon and you see low levels <moderator edit> ruin your gold run/s. Now... the question is, is that fair? Those that spent hours and hours preparing buffs, potions and polishing their gear to the utmost just so they can aim for a gold run, and those that play chars with 2 skills and when they run out of mana they only do normal hits.
Well what a lovely system - <edit>
It's about time the developers do SOMETHING about it - and by something I mean change it to how dungeons are in every single game - with a premade party. <edit>

I think I made my point clear enough...
Yes, I'm mad, since no one bats an eye and they all keep silent. Not me.

Thanks for hearing me out, hopefully this gets viewed by the right people.
I'm curious as to whether or not your "decent amount of time in the game" began before or after the dungeon was introduced? I'm also a little curious as to how closely you follow the progress of the game's development.

The dungeon is a fairly new feature for the game and has only been around since the last expansion. When it was first implemented, it was presented as a work in progress. Its current structure allows a large number of players from a broad range of experience level to participate. Clever Otters that they are, the devs anticipated this would generate participation, followed by commentary on the forum and various social media outlets that Mad Otter follows. Obviously, as this thread demonstrates, that has been the case. This commentary allows the devs to see what does and does not work. What players do and do not like, and what players would like to see in future iterations.

Those of us that have been around since before the dungeon was introduced and do follow the progress of the game's development are aware of certain factors that others may not.

* The current design of the dungeon is not its final form. Future iterations will include refinements which in large part will be derived from player feedback. It was originally introduced on the Test server and brought to Live when the bugs had been worked out well enough to make it playable within the in-game environment. In a sense, the Test version was an Alpha stage and this, the first Live version, is the Beta. It is in an ongoing state of development.

* There have been many valid suggestions made since its introduction, to include instancing and a token system, which was mentioned earlier in this thread. Not being an Otter, I do not know which ideas are being considered, which are undergoing experimentation, and which are in active development. What I do know is that development continues and those developments will eventually make their way onto the test server where they will be tested and refined. When they are ready, they will be introduced to the Live servers. In view of the fact that many of the considerations came from players on the Live servers, I anticipate future iterations will include some of those suggestions.

* The current dungeon is but the first of a series of dungeons that will be released in future updates and expansions. It is entirely possible that these dungeons will be of different types to accommodate different wants, needs, and levels.

On a personal note, I would have to point out to the OP that while they are busy insisting the devs work on improving the dungeon, the devs are already doing what the OP is insisting they do. It's akin to waving the starter flag when the lead cars are on the third lap.
I picture you standing behind an artist as they begin a new work. As the artist places the third stroke upon the previously blank canvas, you cry "That painting is a "cancer" among paintings! It does not resemble the finished work of other painters and it's about time you do something about it, and by something, I mean you should mimic the work of other artists!"

"I think I made my point clear enough..." you say, and indeed, you have. The problem is that it was a point that did not need making. Perhaps you did not know, and that's okay. While I felt you could have been a bit more civil in your remarks, I can see that you were trying to be constructive with your suggestions and we are all entitled to our opinions, to include the negative ones. I have made a few of those myself from time to time. You have, however, made a miscalculation that I would like to correct. You seem to feel that the solution here is to make the dungeons like those found in most every other MMO. If that is your hope and/or assumption, I'm afraid you might be in for a disappointment. The vast majority of players here have all come from those other MMO's. Why are we here? Why have many of us elected to remain, in my case, for five years now? The reason why we have come and stayed is that V&H is not like other MMO's. In fact, Mad Otter takes great pains to be unlike other games where possible. Its community is unlike any other MMO I have played. Its storyline and lore are unlike others. Its Crafting and gear structure are different. Its housing is certainly unlike any I have come across. So why would they construct a dungeon that's exactly like those found in the MMO's we all left to come here? They will most likely do no such thing. I honestly have no idea what the final dungeons will be like, but I am fairly certain that they will be unlike those you will find elsewhere. It's what they do, and I would not have it any other way.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Last edited
OMG! OMG!

If it were not for TOP PLAYERS, you would never beat a hero to a golden rank. This is the point. Top players-are steam locomotives and not topplayers -wagon. Point, point, point.

Make me video, where a group of not top and 90 lvl players, cleared heroic dungeon for golden rang?

make video, where is a group of players only 30-50 lvl make gold rank?

Make? You can't!Because it is impossible !:cool::cool::cool:
p.s. And kill the google translator, it seems to me that it does not translate well.:p:D;)

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Do you know why the author swears?
Due to SCALING.
Each low lvl players who run alongside the prepared team will increase damage and hp mobs and boss + 15%.

Your group means getting ready, making food, improving equipment and thinking to run the dungeon to the golden rank .and you're ready for the mobs and boss to have x6 hp and damage.
But when does mobs and boss get x 10-12hp and damage ??? Of course it’s hard and they are angry .

Platform
iOS
Last edited by a moderator
Some people really miss the point.
If it's your thing to help newbies, at the cost of your time ( which I hardly have ) - it's not mine. I'm here to enjoy the game - with my friends. Not with random people that drag me down. Sadly the game forces you to.
As I am in a guild we try to organize a guild dungeon run - just a minute later you'd see 2-3 people popping out of "nowhere" (hint: they spy players and wait for someone to go there so they can tag along, <moderator edit> - I'm not even being rude here).

Make it with pre-made parties or raid parties where you can add more than 6 people - that's my suggestion. Those that want to help the newbies, go for it. I'm not willing to spend my time for poor bronze and silver runs - period. It's the most terrible idea the developers came up with up to this point.

Platform
iOS
I'm curious as to whether or not your "decent amount of time in the game" began before or after the dungeon was introduced? I'm also a little curious as to how closely you follow the progress of the game's development.

The dungeon is a fairly new feature for the game and has only been around since the last expansion. When it was first implemented, it was presented as a work in progress. Its current structure allows a large number of players from a broad range of experience level to participate. Clever Otters that they are, the devs anticipated this would generate participation, followed by commentary on the forum and various social media outlets that Mad Otter follows. Obviously, as this thread demonstrates, that has been the case. This commentary allows the devs to see what does and does not work. What players do and do not like, and what players would like to see in future iterations.

Those of us that have been around since before the dungeon was introduced and do follow the progress of the game's development are aware of certain factors that others may not.

* The current design of the dungeon is not its final form. Future iterations will include refinements which in large part will be derived from player feedback. It was originally introduced on the Test server and brought to Live when the bugs had been worked out well enough to make it playable within the in-game environment. In a sense, the Test version was an Alpha stage and this, the first Live version, is the Beta. It is in an ongoing state of development.

* There have been many valid suggestions made since its introduction, to include instancing and a token system, which was mentioned earlier in this thread. Not being an Otter, I do not know which ideas are being considered, which are undergoing experimentation, and which are in active development. What I do know is that development continues and those developments will eventually make their way onto the test server where they will be tested and refined. When they are ready, they will be introduced to the Live servers. In view of the fact that many of the considerations came from players on the Live servers, I anticipate future iterations will include some of those suggestions.

* The current dungeon is but the first of a series of dungeons that will be released in future updates and expansions. It is entirely possible that these dungeons will be of different types to accommodate different wants, needs, and levels.

On a personal note, I would have to point out to the OP that while they are busy insisting the devs work on improving the dungeon, the devs are already doing what the OP is insisting they do. It's akin to waving the starter flag when the lead cars are on the third lap.
I picture you standing behind an artist as they begin a new work. As the artist places the third stroke upon the previously blank canvas, you cry "That painting is a "cancer" among paintings! It does not resemble the finished work of other painters and it's about time you do something about it, and by something, I mean you should mimic the work of other artists!"

"I think I made my point clear enough..." you say, and indeed, you have. The problem is that it was a point that did not need making. Perhaps you did not know, and that's okay. While I felt you could have been a bit more civil in your remarks, I can see that you were trying to be constructive with your suggestions and we are all entitled to our opinions, to include the negative ones. I have made a few of those myself from time to time. You have, however, made a miscalculation that I would like to correct. You seem to feel that the solution here is to make the dungeons like those found in most every other MMO. If that is your hope and/or assumption, I'm afraid you might be in for a disappointment. The vast majority of players here have all come from those other MMO's. Why are we here? Why have many of us elected to remain, in my case, for five years now? The reason why we have come and stayed is that V&H is not like other MMO's. In fact, Mad Otter takes great pains to be unlike other games where possible. Its community is unlike any other MMO I have played. Its storyline and lore are unlike others. Its Crafting and gear structure are different. Its housing is certainly unlike any I have come across. So why would they construct a dungeon that's exactly like those found in the MMO's we all left to come here? They will most likely do no such thing. I honestly have no idea what the final dungeons will be like, but I am fairly certain that they will be unlike those you will find elsewhere. It's what they do, and I would not have it any other way.
"Great pains to be unlike other games" - I can see that you barely played any games, that's more than enough. Glad I only read the last 2-3 sentences. Open world map with a timed quest - welcome to Iris Online & the old Infinity Online in 2006.
Now would you like to tell me what's so original about V&H? The gathering and crafting system that everyone used auto-clicker and macro for - now that they can't come up with an idea of fixing that - let's ban players! Make the small community even smaller. Now that's what I call original, my bad - you're absolutely right!

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
"Great pains to be unlike other games" - I can see that you barely played any games, that's more than enough. Glad I only read the last 2-3 sentences. Open world map with a timed quest - welcome to Iris Online & the old Infinity Online in 2006.
Now would you like to tell me what's so original about V&H? The gathering and crafting system that everyone used auto-clicker and macro for - now that they can't come up with an idea of fixing that - let's ban players! Make the small community even smaller. Now that's what I call original, my bad - you're absolutely right!
Admits to only reading three lines then spends more than three lines commenting on that which has not been read. Brilliant. I appreciate the fact that you are candid enough to admit you have no qualms about posting on a topic you know little to nothing about. It gives us an indication of how seriously we should consider any future opinions you may care to offer.

I will try to keep this simple and concise so as not to tax anyone's reading and comprehension skills.
A large part of what you admitted not reading explained that the current dungeon is a work in progress and has not assumed its final form. It went on to explain that it is but the first in a series of dungeons, with a likelihood that future dungeons will take a different form.

In short, the devs are already working to improve the dungeon, as you requested, but of course, you would not know this.
More dungeons are being worked on and will be released in future updates and expansions, but of course, you would not know this.
Among the many proposed changes that the devs are already considering are the very things you ask for in the OP, but of course, you would not know this.

Since you limit your reading to my final three lines, I will do you the favor of using only three lines to sum up my points.

1: Everything you asked the devs to work on in your OP is already being worked on and has been for quite some time now.
2: Everything you suggested for consideration has already been suggested by multiple players and has been under consideration by the devs for quite some time now.
3: Points one and two render your OP obsolete, and much like your latest response to me, irrelevant, but feel free to continue discussing a topic on which you are uninformed, repeating words already spoken many times over, and insulting any and all that might disagree with you.

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
@Bawse
I already told that I didn't agree with you. That's my point of view, and you have all the right to express your one.

What makes me sad is not what you say, but "how" you're saying it.
I do believe that the way dungeons are working to this point reflects how devs are shaping the game. Their game.

I don't play any video games but this one. The main reason is that I don't want to be confronted to harsh people/players and that unfortunately is a common thing in most games. I have been playing this game for almost a year, and I found a nice community in a game based on helping each others from time to time. That fits me and others. That doesn't fit everyone as no system is perfect.
Anyway, the game is the property of their owner and developers. It's totally their right to do it as they want, and that may not be how other games are done. We should be happy they are kind enough to listen what we suggest.

Have a good day.

Characters
Jurksch, Murksch, TiffanyWeh,
Platform
Android, PC
In a heroic dungeon go for topgear and not for experience and gold .all low lvl who write that they go for fun and communication can have fun and chat on Instagram, Facebook, Twiter. I am very surprised when people write that they use V and H for communication. Are they living on Aliaska? Now there are a lot of messengers and social nets .
And when I hear about the heroic dungeon that it is accessible to any level I find it funny. Hahaha. Let the Otters team take mobile phones and try to pass the heroic dungeon at level 28 with your team. And show me on LIVE the face of the person who will heal the party on your mobile phone !
More than sad to read this.

V&H is at first and mainly a social game. Made to interact and play together. We are proud of our Community, longlasting frienship and the support, we give each other. I AM on fb, twitter and Insta as well, and these plattforms are NOT social. You may find this funny, obviously you do, but to some people V&H is family like. The social aspect is the heart of the game.

And I could argue the same way, like you did:
If someone is only for gold and topgear and combat:
well, there are many many many mmos out there...just without our community. But I dont wann think that way. I am happy to have you and your gild playing with us.

The beautiful thing is: This game is designed to be fun for all kind of players. But those, who are around here for many years ( and I am still a noob) know about the value and fun our communitie has to offer.

About mobil:

I bet the devs did run their game on mobil to test, dont you think so? Yes, I can imagine how difficult it is, to play on mobil and be the healer...mus be hell, I think. I cant even run event zone on mobil just for myself. But this is the price for shared plattform. A game, offering you to play your character on PC AND mobil.

Most other games dont do that. They have their own mobil versions, which are totaly not comparable to the origins.

But a special and only mobil version of V&H wouldnt be V&H....

So I am looking for more dungeons and storys and options to come, and they will, and hope, you will continue to enjoy the game.

welcome

Royal Guardian
Characters
William Hououin
Platform
iOS, PC
“About mobil:

I bet the devs did run their game on mobil to test, dont you think so? Yes, I can imagine how difficult it is, to play on mobil and be the healer...mus be hell, I think. I cant even run event zone on mobil just for myself. But this is the price for shared plattform. A game, offering you to play your character on PC AND mobil.”

I am healing the dungeon on mobile, it’s kinda hard, but I think I am doing a good job at keeping people alive.

At least that’s what people says to me...

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Last edited
First of all, I would just like to remind all contributors to please try to keep their posts polite, respectful and constructive. Criticism and discussion is absolutely fine (indeed it is exactly what the forums are for, they are DISCUSSION forums after all) but let us all remember to keep things civil.

Secondly, I would like to remind people to have a little charity of thought towards those perhaps posting in a foreign language and especially those reliant on Google Translate, which as we all know is not perfect and which certainly does not cope well with idiom or nuances of speech. If what someone has posted seems unduly harsh, have sympathy for the fact that their brevity or harshness may be Google inspired, and not representative of their true intent.

Thirdly I would like to remind everyone that anyone is entitled to their opinion, and that everyone's opinion is equally valid, regardless of whether they are a paying player or not, regardless of whether they are new to the game or veteran of several years and regardless of whether they have played hundreds of MMOs or just one. Please don't disparage another's view as worthless because of your assumptions on how much experience they have - if for no other reason than because as a former debating coach it does my blood pressure no good at all to see two of my personal pet hates (assertion based on assumption and attacking the person because you don't have an answer to their point) lumped together in one statement.

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Now to address some of the points raised in the posts above.

Dungeons are indeed a "work in progress" judging by what the Devs have already stated. My own personal hope is that once more dungeons are added, there will be a mix of instanced dungeons (ie with specific groups or parties) and fully open dungeons like the current one.

Whilst it is true that there is "nothing new under the sun" especially in terms of MMO development, V and H does have a somewhat unique feel about it. Most of that is, of course, due to the unusually friendly and helpful community, but those who dismiss the role of the Devs in founding and supporting that community miss the point completely. My own personal view is that the single most significant feature which helps maintain the unique nature of V and H is the relatively small guild size, which means players really know their guildmates, but other features such as the co op nature of the game, villages, and the emphasis on respect (sensible female outfits for example) all help to foster that community.

The mobile interface is scheduled for improvements, I believe, and given the frequent reference to the healing issue in particular, here and elsewhere on the forums, I would certainly hope that would be one of the areas addressed.

Aernak

Lumineer
Characters
Aernak, Karametra, Yondalla
Platform
iOS
I think as long as you communicate to your dungeon group(s), you can have success with any number of people. We just did a gold run on US3 with about 18-20-ish people, of mixed levels. It was clearly communicated where the two zings were, what the route was, and to NOT touch the skellies.

That being said... I don't disagree that some other options (aside from public runs) could be nice, too. In another game I play, the raid system allows for public groups of up to 20 people -OR- you have the option of forming a private group using a code. Perhaps something like this would work for V&H dungeons. Just a thought.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Both sides of the argument hold merit.

It is healthy for the community to interact and cooperate to complete dungeons regardless of level. Newer players who have been guided by experienced runners tend to follow their example and pass on this attitude and advice to the next generation of heroes.

Likewise, it is just as valid for players to wish to run a dungeon with their own private party.

I personally enjoy running dungeons with an assortment of all levels and do not much care about whichever reward tier we end up getting. However, there have been times where I would like to run with a smaller crew but large quantities of players filter in and the run can quickly turn disorganized.

Once additional dungeons are added, I am sure many of these issues will be solved right off the bat. With players split up across the various dungeons a private party can choose one which is currently empty while public parties can congregate in a specific one.

Again, both sides have a point, and likely both sides will be satisfied once the entire system has been fleshed out.

Characters
Chiarale
Platform
iOS, PC
I direct this to my fellow low levels (speaking as someone whose primary dungeoning character has never been higher than 45).

We have an amazing community, in which the vast majority of strong players are eager to help the weaker. Let’s keep doing our part, as low levels, to be considerate of others. For example, asking “Do you mind if I tag along?” Though I think our players are often too nice to say “no”. So what I think works better is to stand silently by the travel pad. If no one sends me a party invitation, then it’s probably a good hint that they would like to run without me.

A rough measure for a DPS (somewhat different considerations for a tank/healer/support) is to look at the damage chart, take my percentage of total damage, and multiply that by the total number of players. If the result is less than 1, then the group will probably kill things faster without me, so I will lean towards dropping out, or at least declining subsequent runs.

Every bit counts - we can do our part to help. Crafted gear is a very good thing to aim for. And even if we don’t have crafted gear, mana potions and buffs are fairly accessible. Especially drams, which don’t require waiting for gardening crops, but rather can be gathered immediately.

It’s a scaled zone, so we are all on the same playing field. Though based on my experience, I think the field is, in fact, tilted in favor of well-geared low levels (see 4.24.0 patch notes). Just to name one of many similar examples, I know of a twenty person dungeon run in which a level 11 was third on the damage chart. A fair number of comments have been about how dungeons are a place for us low levels to be helped by stronger players. I fear a few might even throw that in our faces. I prefer to view it as a rare opportunity, if well-geared and buffed, for low levels to help others. We need not wait till we are higher level to contribute to the community!

chocaholic

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android, PC
I love our dungeon runs whenever there is an opportunity to participate I'll bring one of my toons to help. Would love to see another dungeon open soon, would be nice to have two dungeon runs a day. It would also keep some of the higher level players occupied for longer too. Sorry Otters I know you are very busy but is there any news when the next dungeon is opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.