Ru Ru

Huntress
Characters
Ru Ru
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Edit: I didn't notice the last post was about a month ago already... Sorry... But I'll just leave this here anyway xD

------------------------------------------------
Tbh, I share some of OP's sentiment. I really use a lot of time tweaking my build to be designed really well for dungeon, and that's because I got that competitive attitude, meaning I enjoy it more if our group gets gold run repeatedly. However, it doesn't mean I wouldn't ever run with a group of mix levels, cause I can't deny it could still be fun, just like the starter run in US3 (despite the massive lag) :)

BUT, I wouldn't farm dungeon with them. If I'll run dungeon repeatedly, I'd rather do that with a pre-made group, mostly consisted of 78+ players, mainly for two reasons.

1) Most of the time, randomly made groups are big groups, like what I previously said, I don't mind going with them with 1 run but I won't farm with them mainly because of lag. Even with just 7-8 players during dull hours, there were few times that lag still hit several runners.

2) Lvl 78 and up players need dungeon runs more than lower levels because of the level-blocked areas... low-mid lvls could easily level up without farming in dungeon (but I understand that dungeon isn't just an alternative to exp source but also to game activity in general. IMO, and this is just me, I think 1 or 2 dungeon runs would already serve that purpose and break their normal villager/quest routines). With a pre-made group mainly consisted of lvl78+, there's higher chance to get gold tier, which would help them get more exp. So for me, it's win-win. Everyone in the group gets (material) benefit.

BUT I also noticed that if there's a good proportion of heavy hitters to low/mid level players, gold tier is still possible:)

What I don't agree about OP is that dungeon system is horrible, to the point it's pure cancer. It's your opinion okay, but I don't think it's severely that bad. Actually, imo, kudos to the otters for the wonderful dungeon, considering it's a work in progress.
Another thing that I don't agree is calling the lowbies leechers :(Not all low levels are leechers, they probably do dungeon to change their daily routine (villaging/questing). And I know that they do the best they can to contribute too. And not all leechers are low levels >_> (another reason why I'm itching for instancing).

What I'd like to see in future dungeons would be two types of dungeon - public and private. In private, maybe 3 full parties could be the maximum, so guild runs would still be possible. I doubt that no one will ever use the public dungeon when this is applied. Most part of V&H community is still really helpful to low levels especially to dungeon newbies. Having two types of dungeon, if it's ever possible, will at least serve well both those helpful and/or competitive players. :)

That is all I can say. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Cheers! :)

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
My Suggestion for player who want a High level only dungeon run is to Talk to your Friends and Cohorts and set up a time and date for your run, then let your whole server know f few days in advance that you will be running a Level 78+ Dungeon run on Day, Date & Time for level 78+ only. Make your 1 run then ask lower level player to join for another run. Most players will understand if you let them know in advance they you and your friends would like to make a closed dungeon run, as long as you don't tie up the dungeon for a long time. You also might want to make several other limited lower level specific runs also.

Reactions: IrishElf and Jurksch
  • Likex2

Glizlack

Reader
Platform
iOS
My question would be where would you draw the line? Its a slippery slope. I respec for best healing spec. I use all available buffs including the short duration buffs. I pot on cool down if needed. Do we also kick the people that aren't willing to take that step as well? I would say 75% of players in halls do not do that.

With that said it is tempting to only run with the players willing to put in the same work as me. But i also feel that as a healer and easy run teaches nothing. But a rough run helps improve skills.

A mixture of both i guess.

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
I don't know if anyone mentioned, but it might be good to note that the reason lower level players are dragging things down has nothing to do with their level but with their gear. Since they are in constant transition of changing out gear they will likely not have all gear at their level.. This is the real reason they are not as contributing as a geared player. Dungeon takes every player as if there is no level, there is only how well you are geared. For example if you were able to accomplish a level one with all legendary maxed with all runes.. I bet you would be just as competitive as a 90 who is also geared up. Ever tried it? Of course not because the moment you blow all those sockets on a lower level set of runes and gear, you will be the next level up, in which case as far as dungeon goes, renders you not nearly as powerful as you were.

After putting some thought into it. I think the dungeon is a cool concept as it is. I just have a few Request I would ask to make it better:

1. Give all players in a dungeon 1 free resurrect after the timer starts.

2. Implement a reward system as someone mentioned before, something like tokens, instead of armor pieces.
Allow partial rewards(tokens) to even those who do not complete the dungeon but have made significant progress, so that they get maybe a few tokens at least along with the partial exp?
Or give a third blue stat (secondary stat) on epic drops in the dungeon making it more unique, giving some added purpose to do dungeon runs.

Glizlack

Reader
Platform
iOS
Or give healers a rez. Maybe on on 20 minute cool down for the individual being revived.

Chiarale

Bog Frog
Characters
Chiarale
Platform
iOS, PC
For example if you were able to accomplish a level one with all legendary maxed with all runes.. I bet you would be just as competitive as a 90 who is also geared up. Ever tried it?
Yes. Not quite as far as what you describe, but sufficiently well geared as a level 1 to place #3 on the damage chart on a 35 person dungeon run.

You bring up a good point about leveling being counterproductive to some extent. I choose to run dungeons for fun. So over the last three months, I went from level 1 to 17.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
Well I never really meant to assume it is counterproductive to level. It just indirectly happens that staying in a state of never having current level gear is what keeps you from being up to par in dungeon. Most never invest crafted runes in lower level gear, I mean I'm sure some do, but I would not suggest such a thing. Not in a game that only allows sockets by means of a Calendar and purchasing. As it stands now they have made dungeon either a high level game, or a rich man's game almost. You can blow a Calendar's worth of resurrects in 1 night easy including all your full heals pots unless you are properly geared. I have nearly 0 sockets. Granted my 90 gear is fully loaded. But any gear (armor/accessory) I have used between 1-89 has 0 crafted runes. Can you imagine the cost if I wanted to compete in dungeon at every level under 90 with a fully geared 90? Not even near practical. Besides the whole crafting gear rune thing is too time consuming in this game when you can just level up and be done with it.
I never bothered with dungeons until 80, and even under 90 I never bother much unless all btys were down/. Not that I think I am a prime example of anything, but just saying... dungeon is simply a better experience at 90. Does that mean people cannot join in, I think its fine to join in. But if you are needing more than 2 rez's just to get through and it is not do to your huge dps that you are getting aggro... Then you should not be dungeoning unless you want to just buy lots of rezes from the shop.. If so.. go for it/.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Last edited
This is for everyone but no one in particular!

Please remember you can't attack others personally on the forums. We can't allow name calling or calling out others, those posts quickly result in flame wars . And please keep replies polite, respectful and considerate of others.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Reactions: Caly
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I don't know if anyone mentioned, but it might be good to note that the reason lower level players are dragging things down has nothing to do with their level but with their gear. Since they are in constant transition of changing out gear they will likely not have all gear at their level.. This is the real reason they are not as contributing as a geared player.
Yup. This is quite true.

Several months ago, I took my then-level 35ish ice wizzie on a dungeon run. She was using few, if any sockets, and I don't remember if it was before or after the most recent-balancing changes, which improved things for low level players in level-scaled situations. However, she was wearing all 5 star crafted, fully-enhanced gear, which I believe was made by my armor and weapon masters, and each piece of gear was within 5 levels of her combat level! She was also fully buffed, which helps, too. (She was low level simply because she hadn't finished leveling back up from her lvl 60 rebirth.) Even with good gear, her damage on the charts was significantly lower than the mostly-level 90 toons on the run, but I feel that had much more to do with lack of socket use than anything else related to her gear. If she had used as many sockets as the higher level toons, the gap between her damage and the other dps toons on the run would have been decreased, at least, but I'm sure she still would have been doing less damage than the high level fire wizzies. I've simply never built her to be at her prime in the dungeons, in group content, as a glass cannon. That's not my style. If I'm going to run the dungeons, I want it to be a low-key, stress-free affair, with a group of friends. :)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
After putting some thought into it. I think the dungeon is a cool concept as it is. I just have a few Request I would ask to make it better:

1. Give all players in a dungeon 1 free resurrect after the timer starts.
I especially like this idea for the lowest level players in any party (or anyone who is inexperienced at running dungeons), who are always the squishiest.

Zanyman

Lumineer
Characters
Orville, Doo Dah
Platform
PC, Steam
I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the system that's set up. I happen to enjoy it - yes, sometimes we have good runs, sometimes not so good...but they're always fun. <Though, I'm not out to get gold EVERY time - I'm just there to have fun with friends>

I hope that they don't change it to a party only thing - it's one of the few areas that high lvls and low lvls can play together and I love that we can do that. <maybe a future dungeon will be more 'selective'.> One thing that I really enjoy about our game is that we can all play differently (and do!) - and the game allows for that.
I'm with you. Been playing for 5 or 6 years. Too many players want to complete the game in a couple months, and it's not that kind of game.

Donut

Swindle
Characters
Donut King
Platform
iOS, PC
I used to dungeon with my guild at 6:30 pm pay everyday for months when the dungeon just came out. When I enter and notice people there setting up parties I let them know I’d be doing the dungeon after them and notify my guild of the postponement. People will be respectful if you simply ask nicely, atleast that’s what I know of in us3. I wouldn’t go as far as to call the system “horrible”. Instances have more complications, more dungeons will open up and there will always be more time for dungeoning. Just because it’s busy when you have a tight schedule there’s no reason to punish others for it. Sometimes I have people whispering me at my dungeon time and I’ll let them come along, but if I know my party really wants a good run, i’d Politely decline. Dungeons are for everyone, if somebody rudely enters the party, verbally confront them in a polite manner or punish them with kiting monsters at them for their rude behavior. I think the devs put a lot of thought before pushing this, and it’s meant for the whole community to voice their opinions, competitive players versus fun players.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Last edited
punish them with kiting monsters at them for their rude behavior.
That is forbidden within the game and can draw punishments from management. It is considered a form of harassment to bring mobs or bounties to another player to disrupt their game.

Donut

Swindle
Characters
Donut King
Platform
iOS, PC
That is forbidden within the game and can draw punishments from management. It is considered a form of harassment to bring mobs or bounties to another player to disrupt their game.
No no, I can do better with fake aggroing and feat canceling :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:
It wouldn’t be against the rules, hehe. They would be responsible for the aggro that they created. I would just be watching myself lose aggro :(

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Rationalise it however you wish, what you are describing is deliberately dragging mobs on to other chars to get them killed, which if done deliberately and repeatedly is a form of harrassment.

Whilst I actually understand your motivation and sympathise with your thinking, "vigilante" style punishment by players never ends well.

Reactions: Glizlack
  • Likex1

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
deliberately dragging mobs on to other chars to get them killed, which if done deliberately and repeatedly is a form of harrassment.
Ooh, the game police 😯😯😯
Accusing someone of bringing agro, and proving their intent are two separate things. Good luck with that 😆😆😆

Reactions: Glizlack
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I don't need to prove anything. The post I was replying to clearly states that the poster does do exactly what I described. I am merely pointing out that he is the only one breaking ToS. The lower level players he treats in this way may be a hindrance to him, but they are not doing anything wrong.
I personally don't think the attitude that high level players can or should punish low level players for getting in the way has any place in V and H.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
No no, I can do better with fake aggroing and feat canceling :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:
It wouldn’t be against the rules, hehe. They would be responsible for the aggro that they created. I would just be watching myself lose aggro :(
Ooh, the game police 😯😯😯
Accusing someone of bringing agro, and proving their intent are two separate things. Good luck with that 😆😆😆
It is those players who experience others harassment like what was described that report the player directly to Customer Support and Management. If done often enough it becomes a pattern and when proven to be a pattern, it has in the past led to bans. So really, my original posting was a simple word to the wise warning about not doing something to create a situation in which a member could be reported for harassment of another since it is a policy that has been published.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1
Status
Not open for further replies.