Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
Tell me, have you ever played a game where every single character on your account is required to have maxed crafting skills just so they can have their own gear enhanced/enchanted to top tier? I have never seen such a thing, and I have played all kinds of games with crafting.
Maybe they created to solve some issue.. Or to force people to spend more time on each and every character.. Whatever.. I think the feature is totally not needed. They could just let the armor drop already enhanced or not enhanced and leave it at that, and create a higher tear of better quality that is even more rare to make up for it.

Oh I have an idea, allow Legendary items to drop in the game, you know... what a great idea...
(Let me clear this up since the word 'drop' is so exclusive for some. What I mean is allowing legendary items to be acquired as in every instance that you currently acquire epic items. It would be the same thing as getting 5/5 items without the 5/5 text. This is proposing that the enhance feature would not exist. And in fact if it were me creating this system, I would add yet another tier called 'Fabled' or something similar to weapons only.. which would be on the same equivalent rating as the calendar weapon. and those could be extremely rare but still possible in all instances of a craft spec, or dungeon etc)

Why are you forcing players to max the same crafting skills on all characters? As if the game is not repetitive enough.. Why not have a little respect for those who hate crafting?

Reactions: Scrumptious
  • Likex1

BadgerReborn

Squirrel
Characters
BadgerReborn ,Badger66
Platform
Android, PC
Tell me, have you ever played a game where every single character on your account is required to have maxed crafting skills just so they can have their own gear enhanced/enchanted to top tier? I have never seen such a thing, and I have played all kinds of games with crafting.
Maybe they created to solve some issue.. Or to force people to spend more time on each and every character.. Whatever.. I think the feature is totally not needed. They could just let the armor drop already enhanced or not enhanced and leave it at that, and create a higher tear of better quality that is even more rare to make up for it.

Oh I have an idea, allow Legendary items to drop in the game, you know... what a great idea...

Why why why are you forcing players to max the same crafting skills on all characters? As if the game is not repetitive enough.. Why not have a little respect for those who hate crafting?
why take away a bonus for people who hate crafting but do it anyway ???

Reactions: Kaydee and Catori
  • Likex2

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
Who ever crafted the item can enhance it and still give the item to another.

Reactions: Kaydee
  • Likex1

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I'd rather see enhancement converted into a more fleshed out system. Right now it is such an arbitrary feature... dump gold into a piece of gear and increase its stats.

Maybe turn it into a recalibration system. Select a stat, pay a fee such as a Gem and click recalibrate. The selected stat will then be changed into another. You can do this a grand total of 5 (?) times. The higher the quality of your gem (Topaz -> ... -> Diamond), the better the potential value range of the new stat.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Enhanced gear is tradeable, so the only reason you would have to level up all the crafts would be if you want to do everything yourself. That being the case, the answer to the question about which mmo makes you level all professions would be pretty much all of them. The only difference being, in most cases you have to level up combat of several characters to do that.

One could also ask why have so little respect for those who like crafting?

Kaydee

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Greenwich said: Tell me, have you ever played a game where every single character on your account is required to have maxed crafting skills just so they can have their own gear enhanced/enchanted to top tier? I have never seen such a thing, and I have played all kinds of games with crafting.
Why why why are you forcing players to max the same crafting skills on all characters? As if the game is not repetitive enough.. Why not have a little respect for those who hate crafting?
How the devil does a totally unreliable, 'more rare drop' make up for something that can be done reliably, if wanted?

As a villager I often hear things like:
'just level up your combat to get access to high level gathers, or check AH, or just ask friends...'
Well then, no offence, but:
'just level up your villager skills, and gather for gems/grow flowers for gold, then enhance your gear, or just ask friends'?

Also, enhancements are optional, you don't actually need them to progress in game, you can just use the rare drops.

BBlue

Legendary Hero
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta
Platform
PC
I always use my max to enhance gear for my alts however elder weapons and armour can't be enhance due to be soulbond simple fix is use a crafted piece that enhance and gnog it with the elder gear if u don't have the levels to enhance, and I am always in that position with alt I don't have the crafting level yet to enhance elder gear pass certain levels.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Amazing. So what you are saying is soulbound does not exist in this game? Last time I checked it does. Crazy how you guys ignore facts to make a point.

• Likex1

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
Enhanced gear is tradeable, so the only reason you would have to level up all the crafts would be if you want to do everything yourself. That being the case, the answer to the question about which mmo makes you level all professions would be pretty much all of them. The only difference being, in most cases you have to level up combat of several characters to do that.

One could also ask why have so little respect for those who like crafting?
Completely disagree, Everquest, have access to top teir items without having to craft. Sure someone does have to craft, but you dont.
Asheronsa call, same thing,
The realm? remember that game?
Elder scolls ? if you are into that.. does not require you to have a craft to have the best a weapon or armor.

This game locks you into maxing a craft to max your gear.
How can you argue something is not when it is,?
Again why are you talking about trad-able gear,. we know this.. When you get a drop from dungeon for example and you like it.. How will you enhance it? You must have 90 in a craft skill.

So removing enhancement feature, destroys the lives of those who love crafting... is that was your last comment is trying to say?>

Let's say instead of enhancement, instead of trying to implement all this new stuff to make the game make more sense.
You have another tier of items. Legendary that can actually drop in the game? Let's say they slightly increase the drop rate of higher tear items to make up for not having enhancement. How is this any different? oh yeah you don't have to have a level 90 craft skill.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Amazing. So what you are saying is soulbound does not exist in this game? Last time I checked it does. Crazy how you guys ignore facts to make a point.
(my emphasis)

Enhancing gear does not make the gear soulbound. (Fact)

So, if you want a drop enhanced, but do not have the craft skill to enhance it, you can ask another player to do it for you. As long as neither of you put the gear on (making it soulbound) you trade it to them, they enhance it for you, and give it back. Simple. (Fact)

The same goes for any crafted gear. the crafter can enhance it, then sell on AH or trade directly with another player. (Fact)

Elder gear and quest rewards are not able to be traded it is true, so in that case you cannot enhance them unless you have a high enough crafting level, but your suggestion of epic or even legendary drops wouldn't change that situation in the least. (Fact)

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Completely disagree, Everquest, have access to top teir items without having to craft. Sure someone does have to craft, but you dont.
Asheronsa call, same thing,
The realm? remember that game?
Elder scolls ? if you are into that.. does not require you to have a craft to have the best a weapon or armor.

This game locks you into maxing a craft to max your gear.
How can you argue something is not when it is,?
Again why are you talking about trad-able gear,. we know this.. When you get a drop from dungeon for example and you like it.. How will you enhance it? You must have 90 in a craft skill.

So removing enhancement feature, destroys the lives of those who love crafting... is that was your last comment is trying to say?>

Let's say instead of enhancement, instead of trying to implement all this new stuff to make the game make more sense.
You have another tier of items. Legendary that can actually drop in the game? Let's say they slightly increase the drop rate of higher tear items to make up for not having enhancement. How is this any different? oh yeah you don't have to have a level 90 craft skill.
The point I was making is that you seem to feel having crafting give the crafter any actual benefit somehow shows a lack of respect for pure combat players. - What you are essentially suggesting to change this is to make a combat only player get everything a crafter gets, just without actually having to do any crafting.

In short, make crafting characters irrelevant and worthless, just because you dislike the fact that you actually have to craft to get the benefits from crafting.

And enhancement is hardly new, it has been a feature of the game since I started playing almost 6 years ago.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
(my emphasis)
Enhancing gear does not make the gear soulbound. (Fact)
Did I ever say this was not a fact? Nope

So, if you want a drop enhanced, but do not have the craft skill to enhance it, you can ask another player to do it for you. As long as neither of you put the gear on (making it soulbound) you trade it to them, they enhance it for you, and give it back. Simple. (Fact)

The same goes for any crafted gear. the crafter can enhance it, then sell on AH or trade directly with another player. (Fact)

Elder gear and quest rewards are not able to be traded it is true, so in that case you cannot enhance them unless you have a high enough crafting level, but your suggestion of epic or even legendary drops wouldn't change that situation in the least. (Fact)
False
In fact it would change the situation.. , because you would not have to enhance soul-bound items. Therefore.. you don't have to be level 90 in a craft. which is the point that you seem to be evading for some .... odd reason.

• Likex1

Mutsie

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Mutsie, Undertow, Susurrus
Platform
PC
This entire issue strikes to me as "Having your cake and eat it too"

You do not need the enhanced gear to advance in game imo, it's a bonus you gain after you put some effort in the (to some people) less popular activity of crafting.
I do not see anything wrong with enhancement as it is now. It's already great that enhancing items does not make them soulbound to the player enhancing them, and that players are still able to have their enhancement done by others if they themselves can't be bothered to level up their crafting skills. I see it as a bonus to the people who did make the effort to level up crafting skills, which they are able to share (and also are sharing it) with people who mainly focus on combat but still want the benefits of everything else too, without the labour put in it.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Your suggestion was that DROPS should have a chance of being legendary.

Drops are not soulbound, so can be enhanced by someone else for you.

So no change there.

Quest rewards and elder gear would still not be legendary, so no change there. (Except of course that crafters wouldn't be able to enhance them either, so in fact the only change resulting from your suggestion is crafters lose something they worked for, whilst non crafters gain nothing.)

Reactions: Caly and Zazie
  • Likex2

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
I see it as a bonus to the people who did make the effort to level up crafting skills, which they are able to share (and also are sharing it) with people who mainly focus on combat but still want the benefits of everything else too, without the labour put in it.
And if I want to focus mainly on combat how do I enhance my soulbound items exactly?

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Your suggestion was that DROPS should have a chance of being legendary.

Drops are not soulbound, so can be enhanced by someone else for you.
And exactly why would I need to have someone else enhance my gear if it was already legendary on drop?

Quest rewards and elder gear would still not be legendary, so no change there. (Except of course that crafters wouldn't be able to enhance them either, so in fact the only change resulting from your suggestion is crafters lose something they worked for, whilst non crafters gain nothing.)
Why 'would' it not be legendary? did you make that rule? Please explain expand on that, I would like to know.

What exactly would a crafter lose if for example ..all gear that drops , that is crafted, that is dungeoned, that is eldered. is already enchanted to 5/5? Ever consider that? You can increase rarity to make up for the changes.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
And if I want to focus mainly on combat how do I enhance my soulbound items exactly?
then you don't, you're not forced to enhance it, also the effect of not enhancing a gear is really minor. I believe player that do level up both combat and villager should have slight advantage compared to those that only do either combat or villager skill and enhancement is a pretty good one since you can completely ignore it, and it doesn't effect your gameplay, may be just some tingling OCD sense.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
After thinking some more and reading the whole thread again, may be allow us to send soulbound gear to other character in the same account? In the past we could do it but some exploit it to sell soulbound gear at auction house. So returning that feature but limit it to the same account only could solve this issue i think