Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
I love enhancing....Seems to me to be a part of the ''villaging'' aspect of the game,and this is something we need more,not less.

But that's just an opinion ^_^
People who like the feature, I'm completely good with that. Thank you.

Grumpy

Master Farmer
Characters
Oldman Oin, Bedevere, Nator
Platform
Steam
So the objection is Dungeon/Quest Rewards are soulbound and can't be enhanced by another character ?
Drops are not soulbound so not a problem
Crafted items are not soulbound except trinkets so crafted trinkets are a problem.

Would making soulbound items enhance-able by other be a compromise ?

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
because you yourself posted that DROPS should be legendary.
Ok well how about this.. since you love coming to conclusions about what is not said And.. refuse to ask questions.. I am spelling it out for you now... Legendary chance would be possible through crafting, through dungeons, through elders... Am I aloud to propose that?

You now have the ability to get all drops at top tier in the game. The only difference? You don't have to enhance.
You also don't have to max the same ole crafting skills on every character. Do you create 2 hunters, with the same skills that do the same thing on one account? I'm sure someone has.. why I don't know. they both need all trugate stones? You have split up your stones to share between them? Does that make much sense? That is essentially what the devs are forcing you to do with crafting.

If you are unsure of what I am suggesting please ask. I will explain. If you simple love being able to enhance gear instead of having it dropped already enhanced.. all good.. feel free to explain why if you can.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
So the objection is Dungeon/Quest Rewards are soulbound and can't be enhanced by another character ?
Drops are not soulbound so not a problem
Crafted items are not soulbound except trinkets so crafted trinkets are a problem.

Would making soulbound items enhance-able by other be a compromise ?
It would but good luck on convincing that to the naysayers...
The reason I propose removing enhancement is simply because it is there specifically to keep you from doing what you are saying. I mean otherwise why not just have drops drop( and given if you don't recognize dungeon rewards as drops) at maxed enhancement?

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Sence your main objection to enchantments seems to be your lack of skill levels and/or your village's lack of higher tiered workstations, I suggest that you take some time and level up your crafting skills and work on contributing to your village projects (or finding another village that has better workstations). Sense rare and epic drops are very hard to come by legendary drops would be few and far between for most players. The main objective of the game is the community to help each other to improve all of our toons together.
I have a level 90, with all crafts maxed, we also have a village with the ability to 5/5 gear. So this is not my main argument. What eliminating the enhancement feature does do, is allow for the soulbound system to continue unchanged.. But also allows you to have access to the full game without having to max the same skills on every single character on your account. This is what I am trying to get across..

If you could of course enhance all items (soulbound included for others) not just wild drops and crafted, then you would be helping out others even more would you not? So your contributing case would be satisfied under such a system But since making soulbound enhanceble by others really makes no sense.. I proposed my original suggestion of just allowing all drops, given, crafted whatever have a chance at being already 5/5 (without calling it 5/5). Then doing away with the enhance feature.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I have a level 90, with all crafts maxed, we also have a village with the ability to 5/5 gear. So this is not my main argument. What eliminating the enhancement feature does do, is allow for the soulbound system to continue unchanged.. But also allows you to have access to the full game without having to max the same skills on every single character on your account. This is what I am trying to get across..

If you could of course enhance all items (soulbound included for others) not just wild drops and crafted, then you would be helping out others even more would you not? So your contributing case would be satisfied under such a system But since making soulbound enhanceble by others really makes no sense.. I proposed my original suggestion of just allowing all drops, given, crafted whatever have a chance at being already 5/5 (without calling it 5/5). Then doing away with the enhance feature.
Thanks for the clearing up your statement, it make much more sense.
I have problems with the current Soulbound system as it is, but I would rather keep it as it is, than getting rid of the enhancement system.
I think it should be expanded to 8/8 or to 10/10.
I would also like to see the 5 star system be expanded to preperations, Potions, and crafting Materials (grips, thread, clasp, etc...) so players can make
items that give some better stat improvements.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Ok well how about this.. since you love coming to conclusions about what is not said And.. refuse to ask questions.. I am spelling it out for you now... Legendary chance would be possible through crafting, through dungeons, through elders... Am I aloud to propose that?

You now have the ability to get all drops at top tier in the game. The only difference? You don't have to enhance.
You also don't have to max the same ole crafting skills on every character. Do you create 2 hunters, with the same skills that do the same thing on one account? I'm sure someone has.. why I don't know. they both need all trugate stones? You have split up your stones to share between them? Does that make much sense? That is essentially what the devs are forcing you to do with crafting.

If you are unsure of what I am suggesting please ask. I will explain. If you simple love being able to enhance gear instead of having it dropped already enhanced.. all good.. feel free to explain why if you can.
Ok, so apparently, so far, I am at fault for not reading your posts properly, by commenting that your proposal specifically mentioned drops (when it did in fact do exactly that), for putting words into your mouth by saying that your suggestion specifically mentioned drops(when I never said anything other than to repeat more than once that you posted that DROPS should be legendary, which is exactly what your original post did, in fact, state), and most amusingly of all given that you previously claimed that I put words into your mouth, for drawing conclusions based on what is not said (by mentioning that you said drops and not realising that when you said drops, you actually meant drops, quest rewards elder gear and crafted gear). Silly me.

You are of course entitled to put forward any suggestions you wish, and are also entitled to clarify or even amend those suggestions in later posts.

If may make a suggestion of my own, it is that you do not abuse others for having the temerity to comment on what you actually did write in your suggestion rather than using some sort of clairvoyant ability to ascertain what you perhaps meant to say, but in fact did not.

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
If may make a suggestion of my own, it is that you do not abuse others for having the temerity to comment on what you actually did write in your suggestion rather than using some sort of clairvoyant ability to ascertain what you perhaps meant to say, but in fact did not.
I said exactly what I meant to say.. Just because I did not go into details, does not mean that legendary items would also not be possible in all cases. Obviously such a restriction would render dungeon drops less useful, render elder drops less useful, render crafter drops less useful.

But again, instead of pointing out where I am wrong with my method of conversation, how about comment your opinions of the proposed system that you supposedly fully understand now?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Then if you said exactly what you meant to say, since you specifically referred to drops, and did not clarify when several people pointed out the simple fact that drops are tradeable, every one of my posts remains accurate - your proposal would change nothing, except to make crafters role in the game devalued.

Seriously, are you that determined to belittle everyone else that you can't even admit that when you posted using the word "drops" you actually meant drops, quest rewards, elder gear and crafted gear?

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Incidentally You CAN enhance legendary Items, Enhancing does not stop just because an item hits Legendary.

Reactions: BadgerReborn
  • Likex1

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
Then if you said exactly what you meant to say, since you specifically referred to drops, and did not clarify when several people pointed out the simple fact that drops are tradeable, every one of my posts remains accurate - your proposal would change nothing, except to make crafters role in the game devalued.

Seriously, are you that determined to belittle everyone else that you can't even admit that when you posted using the word "drops" you actually meant drops, quest rewards, elder gear and crafted gear?
I am not determined to belittle anyone, very sorry if you see it that way. I am however determined to make sure people understand what I am getting at before they shoot it down. Hope you are ok with that. if not.. well.. can't say that I didn't try.

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
So is the small chance of legendary gear that is going to be dropped, quest rewarded, etcetera that you want to be added to replace enhancing going to include all the gear I can now enhance for my character? Because at this time I am able to enhance every piece of gear that my character wears. So with your suggestion does this mean I will lose the ability to enhance all my gear but will now have to spend even more time searching for all the legendary replacements to wear? Finding dropped weapon feats for new weapons when I need a new weapon has sometimes taken me weeks, sometimes leveling me past the point where my weapon is actually of little use to me fighting because it is too weak to fight the mobs in the zones leveling up has taken me to looking for weapon feat drops.
So what I understand is that I will be losing a sure chance of the small increase that I get with enhancing all my gear to spend all my combat time now looking for legendary replacement gear that may never drop or come with a quest. If this is the case, I vote to keep enhancing in the game as it is, because it is a sure thing I have worked hard on crafting for as opposed to making me spend more time in combat just looking for gear to wear.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
So is the small chance of legendary gear that is going to be dropped, quest rewarded, etcetera that you want to be added to replace enhancing going to include all the gear I can now enhance for my character? Because at this time I am able to enhance every piece of gear that my character wears. So with your suggestion does this mean I will lose the ability to enhance all my gear but will now have to spend even more time searching for all the legendary replacements to wear? Finding dropped weapon feats for new weapons when I need a new weapon has sometimes taken me weeks, sometimes leveling me past the point where my weapon is actually of little use to me fighting because it is too weak to fight the mobs in the zones leveling up has taken me to looking for weapon feat drops.
So what I understand is that I will be losing a sure chance of the small increase that I get with enhancing all my gear to spend all my combat time now looking for legendary replacement gear that may never drop or come with a quest. If this is the case, I vote to keep enhancing in the game as it is, because it is a sure thing I have worked hard on crafting for as opposed to making me spend more time in combat just looking for gear to wear.

No this is not the case of what I am proposing at all.
Let's say instead of getting a green item, you get a blue item. Instead of getting a blue item you get an epic item. Instead of getting an epic item, you get a legendary item. This would be for future drops only. Current items would just become legacy items. a 5/5 epic would be the same as a legendary that drops in the updated game. An legendary that drops in the updated game could have the same rarity as an epic once did. If adjustments need to be made to the game because combat becomes less difficult.. then it can simply be made up for by increasing mob difficulty, or a slight rarity increase to drops and higher tiers of items. Whichever option best balances to the current system we have now.

And the benefit again of course is not having to level the same skill on multiple characters to enhance soulbound items/

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Rather than removing enhancement and possibly needing to adjust combat again <shudder>, I suggest reworking the entire crafting system to be more interesting and rewarding with the possibility of removing enhancement included. Specifically, I would like to see the randomness of crafting removed.

Reactions: Myst and Anthem
  • Likex2

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
But if enhancing is removed, and all my gear is crafted, what good will that do me? I don't use dropped gear except for trinkets and jewelry, which I then would not be able to enhance anymore, unless that is all going to drop as legendary at a rate where I won't have to spend weeks looking for it. So basically if I want better gear I'd have to stop using crafted gear to find better dropped gear?
And why would we want to mess with combat becoming less difficult and having to go through more cycles of mob/bounty adjustments? Some of these adjustments can be difficult for players, especially those with no rebirths or gear that is not the best quality in the game just so some who doesn't wish to craft anymore can have the best gear possible? Rarity is already difficult enough to procure when searching for gear by many players, especially those looking for weapons.
And I really don't have a problem spending time crafting so my characters, both main and alts can have the best crafted and enhanced gear I can make for them. Sounds to me like those that don't want to spend the time crafting want to reap the benefits by removing them from those who wish to craft. Seems like I am losing a lot by playing the whole game...crafting and combat.
And I seem to remember putting a whole lot of crafted materials into the crafting stations in my village to level them up to earn the right to enhance my gear. What becomes of that?

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
Way I see it, we don't have to create multiple toons. That is something we choose to do and in creating that second or seventh you are saying ok Back to crafting and gathering and everything that goes with levelling up said toon. You don't have to do it but it is part of what goes with a new one and we know that before we go through the creation. If you just want to combat you work around the inability to do some things. If you just want to village you use workarounds for that choice. Just like in real life not everything goes as planned or the way we want it to. That's life. Not everything in game is exactly how we might like it but that is game life.
I personally enjoy enhancing and on my littles more often the not they go without because I focus mainly on combat with them. I do use my bigger toons to craft and enhance what I can for them but sometimes I just accept the fact that I can't enhance and go on about my game day. That's the choice i made with them and I am glad I have that choice.
I am sorry that some are unhappy with the choices but it is what it is. Be happy have fun playing in whatever capacity you choose.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
And I seem to remember putting a whole lot of crafted materials into the crafting stations in my village to level them up to earn the right to enhance my gear. What becomes of that?
Best argument I have seen yet, although the rest of your post makes me think you have not payed full attention to what I am proposing.
It is true we all have invested alot into projects. Something would have to take it's place adding value to crafting in a different way, and under my proposal, a way in which does not force you to level the same skills on every player on your account.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
I would like to see the randomness of crafting removed.
Which randomness are you speaking about? To me I think there is not enough randomness... You want crafting to be like you get the same exact thing every time you craft? The little bit of randomness that does exist is prob one of the few things keeping it alive in my view,