Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
Ok I absolutely hate absolutes but every mobile player I have talked to dislikes chat.
The ever flashing annoying chat bubble is useless.
I can’t turn on un toggle or otherwise turn off some chats.
Think how annoying an always ringing phone would be when most of the calls are ... stupid
People were singing on merchant channel last night while I was trying to ladder.
Last week I had to listen to people talk about the size of there jock strap.
I would like to chat more when I’m able but don’t force me to look at hundreds of useless chat when I need chat the most.

If not can I have the dev home phone number so I can call it non stop sinning Klingon love songs.

Tiberius

Neonga Nation
Forum Moderator
If not can I have the dev home phone number so I can call it non stop sinning Klingon love songs.
Ok, we get it that you don't like mobile chat in V&H and you mean that as a joke, at least I hope so, but since there's weird people out there and similar things have actually happened in the past, for the record:

Please, everybody, don't think about harassing people in RL about something that happened ingame. It's neither appropriate nor funny and can even get you in RL trouble ... It's really not worth it.

nuqneH!

Reactions: Caly
  • Likex1

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
As with all y posts I like to make them fun and interesting.
Please don’t call the dev team.
And don’t sing Klingon love songs!

Reactions: Lamorack
  • Likex1

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
I don't understand why we cannot toggle off chats that we don't want to participate in. Why does the trade channel need to flash for us when we're not interested in trading?

I also wish there was a way to adjust the background transparency so that we can see what's happening in the game even as we try to chat.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I don't understand why we cannot toggle off chats that we don't want to participate in. Why does the trade channel need to flash for us when we're not interested in trading?
There isn't really a specific reason you can't, aside from "We haven't figured out how to implement it yet" - it comes with a few design challenges in terms of fitting this functionality on the chat screen without having it be too obscure. It's definitely a good idea though and I'm hoping we can have this go in a future update!

In the meantime, keep in mind that you can turn the chat bubble off entirely in the settings, while still being able to use the actual chat - so if there's currently an active conversation you are not interested in, you can disable it for a while then turn it back on later.

Characters
Joycelynn, Kaylann
Platform
iOS, PC
I like this chat better than previous.

I do hope the ability to turn off certain channel pop-ups is included in a future build.
I agree . However there is a lot of lag on chat. It is hard to communicate with your party, guild or friend due to it. My iPad’s keyboard ends up typing whatever it wants. I type a letter and it ends up typing a special character with a delay. I end up trying to type the same thing three times or more until I’m able to have what I want to say. Sometimes I give up 😣 and don’t chat.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
There isn't really a specific reason you can't, aside from "We haven't figured out how to implement it yet" - it comes with a few design challenges in terms of fitting this functionality on the chat screen without having it be too obscure. It's definitely a good idea though and I'm hoping we can have this go in a future update!

In the meantime, keep in mind that you can turn the chat bubble off entirely in the settings, while still being able to use the actual chat - so if there's currently an active conversation you are not interested in, you can disable it for a while then turn it back on later.
Could you add slash commands such as /Villagechat_off or /ChatGuild_on instead of having a button?

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Next to each Channel button you could have a toggle that would let us select whether or not that channel will show up in the Pop-up.

Reactions: Lamorack
  • Likex1

Lorrin

Priest
Platform
iOS
Can we also move the chat bubble down ‘under’ the current target? Very difficult to verify which target you have when healing

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
Think he meant code election into the current build not how to arrange it.
But just have each chat button toggle on off show the chat icon on or grayed out.

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
I do not like the current location of the onscreen chat box or bubble since it overlaps an opponent’s name and life bar. To be honest, it was less bothersome even for my healer where it was before

Raddix

Wizard
Platform
iOS
I agree the chat window is really annoying in its current location over the targeted boss