Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
Last edited
There is a particular shade patrol daily that feels as if the drop rate is much too low. I just finished it after returning several times throughout the day and spending 3 hours searching and killing. 26 blight cats later, the item finally dropped. 26 might not SEEM that high, but remember that the mobs are random spawns. I feel that a daily should not be this incredibly frustrating to complete, especially considering how many we have to do each day. Hopefully once I get to Shadenor and have a higher amount of mobs to choose from, it will become less of an issue. I'll update again once I get there and do the quest again, but as of right now I feel like the drop rate needs a bit of tweaking.
Screenshot_20191106-070311.png

Platform
PC
There is a particular shade patrol daily that feels as if the drop rate is much too low. I just finished it after returning several times throughout the day and spending 3 hours searching and killing. 26 blight cats later, the item finally dropped. 26 might not SEEM that high, but remember that the mobs are random spawns. I feel that a daily should not be this incredibly frustrating to complete, especially considering how many we have to do each day. Hopefully once I get to Shadenor and have a higher amount of mobs to choose from, it will become less of an issue. I'll update again once I get there and do the quest again, but as of right now I feel like the drop rate needs a bit of tweaking.
View attachment 4283
I've had this particular daily 3x now....The first two times were not bad...think I found the item within 5-15 kills. Last night was problematic - got a lot of 'useless guts'... kept at it and I think it took like 30 kills to find the item. I think it's just all RNG.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
I've had this particular daily 3x now....The first two times were not bad...think I found the item within 5-15 kills. Last night was problematic - got a lot of 'useless guts'... kept at it and I think it took like 30 kills to find the item. I think it's just all RNG.
Yes I realize it is RNG, but being able to go up to 30 while also dealing with other players killing in the zone, or just having bad spawn rng is entirely too frustrating for a daily when there will eventually be 10+ dailies to do everyday. I really feel like it needs a bit of tweaking.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
It's not so bad if you incorporate the daily quest in a bounty run. I've had similar "unluckiness" with dailies in other zones and sometimes been very lucky. It's never the same.

Reactions: Myst and Dawnfire
  • Likex2

Diet

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Shadenor has almost three times more regular mob spawns than the Dusk Twins (104 compared to 291). So once you have Shadenor open you will have roughly 4x (395) the spawns to look through, which will make the quest much easier.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Your issue seems like more on finding the cat, since most quest there also ask around 15-25 kills which is pretty similar to the number you go there. I suggest to kill everything along your way help your efficiency on finishing the quest, I usually set up a small circle where I just keep running around and kill everything, and when i return to the starting point they re spawn again. That way you can get some exp, loot, story pages and sometimes spawn motes for me. Doing the quest that way even tho still annoying i can find around 50 cats in 30 minutes and got those extra benefit.

Personally I don't like the quest mechanics such as this one where i have to pick up the loot, and then open my inventory and then use them. This is just takes time and annoys me, if its like the blood sprite main quest for the magic word then it make sense. I mean we only have to open it, what is the point of doing that? why not make the cat drop the pearl immediately with the same chances of getting the pearl from the cat entrails?

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I second what Giruv said, I did exactly that for a different quest (looking for the silver) But I did get 645 of the spectrum I'll need when I open Shadenor and a bunch of other goodies.

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
I assume that in Shadenor are also more of those 'special shade demons'? Because sofar in Dusk I can only find 2 at the same time.

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
I assume that in Shadenor are also more of those 'special shade demons'? Because sofar in Dusk I can only find 2 at the same time.
I believe that Shadenor has as well but I have yet to see any in either zone... they all look the same to me. I just hit every one of them and eventually collect enough silver to proceed.

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
I believe that Shadenor has as well but I have yet to see any in either zone... they all look the same to me. I just hit every one of them and eventually collect enough silver to proceed.
They are a litle different:

And as I read the explanation is the blue colored one that drops the wild silver?

Mutsie

Reader
Royal Guardian
Characters
Mutsie, Undertow, Susurrus
Platform
PC
They are a litle different:
View attachment 4296
View attachment 4297

And as I read the explanation is the blue colored one that drops the wild silver?
I've spent some time today on "spot the difference" on the mobs that drop the silver. I noticed two differences to look at with the demons: Colour of the swordblade and the colour of their eyes. Green Blade (blue) eyes are normal mobs, Purple blade and purple eyes are "special" The Imps can also drop it. The normal ones have green eyes, the special ones have purple eyes.

Neia

Warrior
Characters
Neia
Platform
PC
For the quest "Prickle Pincers"
The "special demons" are blue and a bit bigger than the normal ones.
Only blue Shade Imps and blue Shade Demons can drop the silver, and there is no way to get more than 1 silver per monster.
(Note: I took these pictures on Dusk Twins some days ago)

Reactions: Mutsie
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I've spent some time today on "spot the difference" on the mobs that drop the silver. I noticed two differences to look at with the demons: Colour of the swordblade and the colour of their eyes. Green Blade (blue) eyes are normal mobs, Purple blade and purple eyes are "special" The Imps can also drop it. The normal ones have green eyes, the special ones have purple eyes.
I can easily see the visual distinction between the two types of demons. With the imps, however, I cannot see ANY difference! All of the imps just blend into the color of the ground. (Might be the colors on my monitor. Not sure.) If I didn't have the name tags visible over enemies, I would never see any of the imps until I got too close to them! :ROFLMAO:

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
I didn't realise the imps were special too, so good to know :)

Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
I can easily see the visual distinction between the two types of demons. With the imps, however, I cannot see ANY difference! All of the imps just blend into the color of the ground. (Might be the colors on my monitor. Not sure.) If I didn't have the name tags visible over enemies, I would never see any of the imps until I got too close to them! :ROFLMAO:
The silver dropping imps are solid blue while the others are only partially blue.

Anthem

Bog Frog
Platform
PC
On my monitor the demons have pink on the tips of there wings and a little pink in the wings. The Imps have the same pink in the chest.