Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
My main is a fury Warrior, he has decent health and is pretty strong... The one thing he can't do ever is tank around his peers since his threat is too low. I keep ending up in situations where we can't proceed because we do not have a dedicated tank. I saw you give players the option of lowering their threat by what 10% if they want to, which helps every class except for Fury Warrior. Maybe tweak the system a little bit to where I'm not having to watch a wizard 25 levels below me tank an elder, and let us temporarily raise our threat so we can handle some of the burden. We don't have the highest dps, we don't have healing abilities, don't have anything that makes us handy to a group. I keep being told if I wanted to be a tank then I should have been a lightning Warrior, but I'm not trying to be a dedicated tank that can withstand the brute force of the best villagers and heroes has to give... I'm just trying to I have some semblance of being needed and helpful in a group rather than a waste of space. I understand that we don't have the best health out of the two classes of warriors and I understand that, I'm dps and lightning is dedicated tank...but surely we can handle tanking some when a necessity rather than sit helpless while all the wizards and hunters die around us. Right now we have too little threat for a warrior, I am not looking for a way to outdo lightning warriors and earth shaman...but maybe, just maybe, there is a middle ground that could bring us back into relevance again?

Reactions: Myst and Catori
  • Likex2

Bored dude

Citizen
Last edited
If you wear lightning warrior armor it should make up for your lack of threat. Keep everything the same except for the armor with the 40% bonus threat. MO has it that all your feats will create 40% more threat as long as you have that armor with the lightning rune.
Your original .8 threat : 1 damage should magically become 1.4 threat : 1 damage.

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
agreed with bored dude, using lightning warrior armor is a good option since it almost double your threat generation while only reduce your damage by around 1-2%.

The other thing that can be done is to remove the threat reduction on fury warrior I believe that threat reduction is not relevant anymore.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Years ago, long before Starfall... we used to decide on a tank and switch out gear before a fight. The tank would wear the (what is now lightning) gear and all other warriors would wear their (what is now fury) gear. It helped keep the bounty from wandering around and attacking others. EXCEPT even lightning warriors can't always hold aggro, we just don't have enough threat to keep them away from other classes.

(NOTE: having been in battles with some players who have in the past posted here telling us they always hold aggro, they actually DO lose aggro... many of us who have seen it numerous times. )

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
The other thing that can be done is to remove the threat reduction on fury warrior I believe that threat reduction is not relevant anymore.
I'm going to sound like a noob here, but how do you remove the threat reduction? I'm sure it's probably something simple I've seen a thousand times but off the top of my head I cannot think of it. I'm not the only one either, I've heard other Fury Warriors have the same thoughts as me.

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
If you wear lightning warrior armor it should make up for your lack of threat. Keep everything the same except for the armor with the 40% bonus threat. MO has it that all your feats will create 40% more threat as long as you have that armor with the lightning rune.
Your original .8 threat : 1 damage should magically become 1.4 threat : 1 damage.
Do you think it would need to be crafted armor or does Elder armor have anything on it that would increase threat? I have a hard enough time finding level 90 anything.

Bored dude

Citizen
Do you think it would need to be crafted armor or does Elder armor have anything on it that would increase threat? I have a hard enough time finding level 90 anything.
They’re on all crafted lightning warrior armors, I believe the only thing that changes is the amount of armor received throughout the levels. If you ask around on world chat for a lv 90 one I’m sure someone can give you one.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The Stormpower rune on any lightning armour increases threat by 40%. The Hysteria rune, on Fury armour decreases threat by 15%.

So the simple process of switching from Fury armour to lightning armour if you intend to act as the tank, should both add the increased threat and remove the decreased threat. In essence for every 85 threat you generate wearing fury armour, you should generate 140 threat wearing lightning armour which is an increase of approximately 65%. The only slight snag is that your dps will drop, so some of the threat you currently get from damage will also be lost. My guess would be that overall you might increase threat by between 40% and 50% of your current threat.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I'm going to sound like a noob here, but how do you remove the threat reduction? I'm sure it's probably something simple I've seen a thousand times but off the top of my head I cannot think of it. I'm not the only one either, I've heard other Fury Warriors have the same thoughts as me.
sorry for the confusion It was a suggestion for the dev
Elder garde, the rune from elder armor doesn't do anything for threat it only reduce the damage you take from elder

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
So I bought a legendary 86 lightning Warrior armor and put some runes on it from a rare 90 armor ( which turn the legendary and to an uncommon, LOL) and that seems to have solved the problem I was having. It does lower my DPS but not by enough to where I'm struggling at all, higher than a normal tank, but I did get the tank already a couple times today. I wish I could find a legendary level 90 lightning armor on us-2, I would pay quite a bit of gold for it. I might make another Forum post looking for somebody to make it for me, I don't have the stones so I would have to pay out the nose but I'm expecting that. Thank you all for all your help.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
So I bought a legendary 86 lightning Warrior armor and put some runes on it from a rare 90 armor ( which turn the legendary and to an uncommon, LOL) and that seems to have solved the problem I was having. It does lower my DPS but not by enough to where I'm struggling at all, higher than a normal tank, but I did get the tank already a couple times today. I wish I could find a legendary level 90 lightning armor on us-2, I would pay quite a bit of gold for it. I might make another Forum post looking for somebody to make it for me, I don't have the stones so I would have to pay out the nose but I'm expecting that. Thank you all for all your help.
Ask in looking for, specifically ask for someone with the armor specialization to make the lightning war armor. But be prepared to supply at least some of the stuff.

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
Yeah I don't have any of the materials so I just try to overpay. First offer I made today was for 250g for a legendary, nothing. Don't have Any stormstones. The 86 seems to work for what I wanted it for, for now at least. I have an epic 90, I just want a legendary and was hoping someone would take a few hundred gold for one.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Maybe try asking someone to make it and let them set the price?

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
Lol, I got one, so I'm good now. I wish these people would set their own prices and make things easier, but in practice the prices are more on a whim and often left up to the customer to pay what they feel the item is worth. I don't know it's a weird system. But I've been shown before in other instances that you don't get someone's attention until you show your hand and let them know what you're willing to do or give for it before they will even consider making it for you.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I understand, most of us just don't charge or know what to charge. Naming a price or offering at least to pay usually gets you someone who will make it. Sometimes for free.

I'm glad you got what you needed.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
There really isn’t a market for swamp-touched armor because the stones are usually traded and very rarely sold... so, with the exception of the 90 helm, there really isn’t a market for 90 armor. The stones are just too hard to get to sell the armor for mere gold.

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
remember before Starfall when all the high-level warriors had 'Defender' armor and a 'DPS' sword?
Ah,the dark times when the Swift warriors reigned supreme and Defense warr pretty much didnt existed because of how underpowered they were.Lets not talk about those times..

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
I loved my old defender warrior! I had more fun playing her then all of my other 6 toons combined lol. Now I don't play her nearly as often. They may have been dark times but we had fun! :)

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Toget, Avani
Platform
Android, PC
Dark times? When tanks could be tanks? Not dark imo or my memory. I played tank and swift, and NOW? Katona the dual warrior is perma-retired unless changes are made for warriors, period!