ChangingSpots

Adventurer
Characters
Gentrice, Blue Mouse & 3 more
Platform
PC
Thank you so very much! Even though this guide is still under construction, I have learned so much about how to outfit my gear. The way that you have explained the different variables (runes, enhancements, crafted vs dropped, etc), even without being able to provide exact details, is so helpful! Once the game is back up I know that I will be checking out my gear to see which reinforcement and augmentation runes I've got and moving them to accessories as you've suggested. I am looking forward to using the future completed guide extensively!

Reactions: Greer and Life Spirit
  • Likex2

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
One suggestion I have is that you list the class tokens for each class and also mention that trinkets will begin to drop as loot beginning with lvl 35 mobs & that class tokens will begin dropping with lvl 45 mobs/bounties/zingara.

I wasn't expecting you to go into gnogmenting here, so that kind of caught me off guard. LOL It's a related topic and is very important, but imo it's complex enough that it deserves a guide of its own. (Just my opinion, and I think screenshots of the gnogging process and/or videos might be really helpful. When they're up, there were at least 5 how-to gnog videos created for that forum contest last year. Can't remember if any of them were using the mobile UI, but there are some existing videos, which could be linked to a permanent how-to guide.)

To help fill in some of your memory gaps, steaks are at levels ending in 2 and 7 (beginning at lvl 2.)
Breakfasts are at levels ending in 5 and 0, with the exception of the lvl 1 breakfasts.
Mana rolls are at lvls ending in zero and 5 (beg. at lvl 5....or is there a lvl 1 mana roll??? Possible memory leak there. LOL)

Drams are every 5 lvls, but I haven't memorized the level of most of them, since most drams are at more random levels, depending on type (and I simply don't use them.) The ones that I use (and therefore have memorized the level of) are treasure drams (ending in levels 1 and 6) and clarity drams (ending in lvls 5 and zero.)

I'm not confident that I correctly remember the lvls of the common preparation items vs the rares. (I think they're at the same levels??) However, I know that the highest lvl prep items in the game are at lvl's 84 and 89 (because I was grinding hard to get my prep master's tailoring, woodcrafting and smithing up to 89 so that she could make all of the rare prep items before my highest lvl toon hits lvl cap!) :p Prep items are definitely every 5 lvls, and the lvl of the prep item is ALWAYS higher than the lvl of the piece of crafted gear you can apply it to!

And I've been a master crafter long enough that I would be horribly embarrassed if I couldn't rattle off the lists of crafted gear levels off the top of my head:
Hat: lvls ending in 5 and zero, beginning at lvl 10
Armor: lvls ending in 1 and 6, beginning at lvl 1
Gloves: lvls ending in 3 and 8, beginning at lvl 3
Belt: lvls ending in 2 and 7, beginning at lvl 2
Boots: ending in 4 and 9, beg. at lvl 4
Weapon: ending in 1 and 6, beg. at lvl 1
Shield: ending in 2 and 7, beg. at lvl 2
(And I think that the trinkets from woodcrafting are at lvls ending in 3 and 8, but please double check that!)

I'm really impressed by this guide, even just as is. It's a labor of love, and your devotion to the game and love for it shines through. My one other suggestion is that you continue to emphasize the points where you're giving your opinion, instead of stating indisputable facts. (Like socket use, and when you get into which stats you suggest for the different subclasses.)

Sometimes, guides can be misinterpreted easily by new players (especially when the opinions given are from a well-respected, experienced, highly-visible, long-time player)...They sometimes read opinions about preferred builds as set-in-stone FACTS and can become less willing to experiment and try testing things out for themselves, to form their own opinion, as a result. I think you've done a good job of avoiding this so far, I'm simply stressing how important I feel it is to keep these guides subjective and impartial.

Thanks again for all your hard work with this guide! :D

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Thank you so very much! Even though this guide is still under construction, I have learned so much about how to outfit my gear. The way that you have explained the different variables (runes, enhancements, crafted vs dropped, etc), even without being able to provide exact details, is so helpful! Once the game is back up I know that I will be checking out my gear to see which reinforcement and augmentation runes I've got and moving them to accessories as you've suggested. I am looking forward to using the future completed guide extensively!
Wow I really appreciate the kind words! Very glad to be able to provide some advice.

One suggestion I have is that you list the class tokens for each class and also mention that trinkets will begin to drop as loot beginning with lvl 35 mobs & that class tokens will begin dropping with lvl 45 mobs/bounties/zingara.
For sure! Those numbers were some of the details that I was unsure of, but now I can edit them in :D

I wasn't expecting you to go into gnogmenting here, so that kind of caught me off guard. LOL It's a related topic and is very important, but imo it's complex enough that it deserves a guide of its own. (Just my opinion, and I think screenshots of the gnogging process and/or videos might be really helpful. When they're up, there were at least 5 how-to gnog videos created for that forum contest last year. Can't remember if any of them were using the mobile UI, but there are some existing videos, which could be linked to a permanent how-to guide.)
I plan to flesh out the gnogmentation some more later on, and will also be adding in a video gear creation process (placeholder at the bottom) eventually once I have some of my stuff set up.

To help fill in some of your memory gaps, steaks are at levels ending in 2 and 7 (beginning at lvl 2.)
Breakfasts are at levels ending in 5 and 0, with the exception of the lvl 1 breakfasts.
Mana rolls are at lvls ending in zero and 5 (beg. at lvl 5....or is there a lvl 1 mana roll??? Possible memory leak there. LOL)

Drams are every 5 lvls, but I haven't memorized the level of most of them, since most drams are at more random levels, depending on type (and I simply don't use them.) The ones that I use (and therefore have memorized the level of) are treasure drams (ending in levels 1 and 6) and clarity drams (ending in lvls 5 and zero.)

I'm not confident that I correctly remember the lvls of the common preparation items vs the rares. (I think they're at the same levels??) However, I know that the highest lvl prep items in the game are at lvl's 84 and 89 (because I was grinding hard to get my prep master's tailoring, woodcrafting and smithing up to 89 so that she could make all of the rare prep items before my highest lvl toon hits lvl cap!) :p Prep items are definitely every 5 lvls, and the lvl of the prep item is ALWAYS higher than the lvl of the piece of crafted gear you can apply it to!

And I've been a master crafter long enough that I would be horribly embarrassed if I couldn't rattle off the lists of crafted gear levels off the top of my head:
Hat: lvls ending in 5 and zero, beginning at lvl 10
Armor: lvls ending in 1 and 6, beginning at lvl 1
Gloves: lvls ending in 3 and 8, beginning at lvl 3
Belt: lvls ending in 2 and 7, beginning at lvl 2
Boots: ending in 4 and 9, beg. at lvl 4
Weapon: ending in 1 and 6, beg. at lvl 1
Shield: ending in 2 and 7, beg. at lvl 2
(And I think that the trinkets from woodcrafting are at lvls ending in 3 and 8, but please double check that!)
Sweet thanks!! I've jotted them down in my word draft and will edit that into this forum version as soon as I work out a better format for organizing the information. Hoping Ivar will add tables at one point :p

I'm really impressed by this guide, even just as is. It's a labor of love, and your devotion to the game and love for it shines through. My one other suggestion is that you continue to emphasize the points where you're giving your opinion, instead of stating indisputable facts. (Like socket use, and when you get into which stats you suggest for the different subclasses.)

Sometimes, guides can be misinterpreted easily by new players (especially when the opinions given are from a well-respected, experienced, highly-visible, long-time player)...They sometimes read opinions about preferred builds as set-in-stone FACTS and can become less willing to experiment and try testing things out for themselves, to form their own opinion, as a result. I think you've done a good job of avoiding this so far, I'm simply stressing how important I feel it is to keep these guides subjective and impartial.

Thanks again for all your hard work with this guide! :D
Thanks for the kind words! That's some good advice, I'll work out a way to distinguish my opinions vs the actual facts in the next iteration

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Lol Skaveek, I wouldn't have thought that you would have the text almost ready :) We are hardly a day further then when people asked it and there it is :)

Awesome job!

Reactions: Karma and Zazie
  • Likex2

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Lol Skaveek, I wouldn't have thought that you would have the text almost ready :) We are hardly a day further then when people asked it and there it is :)

Awesome job!
Hehe without V&H I have too much time :p

Xloui

Villager
Characters
Aloui Bloui Cloui
Platform
iOS
Really usefull! So much to learn. Thank you. :)

Reactions: Karma
  • Likex1

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Smallish update for 3 / 10

Added a table of content, some separators, added information to the leveling and sub-class build section.

Next I plan to work on clean-up, organization and data visualization (as in converting raw data into charts, graphics etc.)

Chris30s

Adventurer
Characters
Mari Blue, Saffira, Chris30s
Platform
PC
This is wonderful! Thank you so much for putting this all together.

Could I ask, though, if you would change the yellow font you're using for Holy Priest? It's tough to read against the tan page background.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
This is wonderful! Thank you so much for putting this all together.

Could I ask, though, if you would change the yellow font you're using for Holy Priest? It's tough to read against the tan page background.
Absolutely! That will be updated when I get around to it in the visualization pass.

In the meantime, here is a quick example of what that pass will look like!

Here is the new 'Gear Types' sheet, compared to the old raw text:

(These images are so large that they are embedded in thumbnail form. So click them for the full-sized image)

1552524330674.png

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Greeting heroes! I finally have the time (and motivation) to continue improving upon this guide. In the coming days / weeks I'll be adding further details, charts and information. Feel free to stop by and provide feedback. It is likely something may be incorrect, so please point it out if you see it.

Some new information has already been added, and more is on the way. If there is anything that is not covered, or you would like to see explored in further detail, please post below. Once this guide is complete I plan to create some others

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Sadly I have reached the 50,000 character limit on the initial post, and there is still plenty more to add. I should've reserved some posts when creating this thread but I didn't expect it to grow to this scale.

Most likely I will have to start a new thread soon, and transfer the content over.

Stay tuned

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Could this thread be closed and unstickied please?

An updated one is arriving shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.