sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
I have noticed a lot of bots still in game and many people with multiple accounts, one sure way to combat this is to make gold account bound.
Gold can be used at npc's and auction house and also to purchase the new mounts that will be coming.
Having gold account bound would make things fairer for all and not like the guy in the picture. Screenshot-2019-03-11-at-5-900x540.jpg

Avenian

BRA Member
Platform
PC
For me, having gold account bound would not work. I have a SAC account while my daughter has a STEAM account. On occasion, I transfer gold to her account.

I have not noticed a bot issue, but if a bot is suspected then shouldn't it be reported?

Royal Guardian
Characters
Miss Marple, Matricia, Cherryl
Platform
PC
For me, having gold account bound would not work. I have a SAC account while my daughter has a STEAM account. On occasion, I transfer gold to her account.

I have not noticed a bot issue, but if a bot is suspected then shouldn't it be reported?
Correct, Botter please immediately report a mod, a screenshot of Botter in action would be helpful.
Also the zone in which he is located

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
The game has built in mechanics to prevent botting. Players need to be there to repair their tools, otherwise their tools will break and they will be kicked from the game automatically for repeatedly gathering with broken tools.

ETA: I wouldn't be so quick to assume someone is botting, unless they are there for hours upon hours. In which case, contact a Moderator on your local server and let them know of your suspicions.

As for the gold suggestions, I think it is a reactive change when a proactive change needs to be made to combat botting and multi-accounting

Royal Guardian
Characters
Miss Marple, Matricia, Cherryl
Platform
PC
[QUOTE = "Bluerider, Beitrag: 11441, Mitglied: 93"] ROFL [/ QUOTE]

Hast du damit ein Problem? Dann mach es besser!

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
If you see a botter, report them. Having gold account bound is not the best idea and would affect the trade and commerce of the game. For instance, crafters in game often make gear for those who don't like to craft in exchange for gold. ( It takes alot of gold and time to make good gear). If gold was account bound it would eliminate that aspect of the game, which i see important as part of player interaction.

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
My partner and daughter both play and I often send either of them gold. This would not work for me but please, as said before. report any suspected botters.

Forum Moderator
Characters
IrishElf, Rishi, Irish, Elf
Platform
PC

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
I have noticed a lot of bots still in game and many people with multiple accounts, one sure way to combat this is to make gold account bound.
Do you notice how all of the player and mod suggestions to you involve that YOU spend 10-15 minutes of your own day and play time in order to report the bot?
Take screen shot, record this, record that, log out of game, email customer service, blah blah blah...
This is exactly why nothing really changes the fact that there are bots in the game.
It's a tedious asinine system that penalizes the reporter by making you jump through hoops.

Forum Moderator
Characters
IrishElf, Rishi, Irish, Elf
Platform
PC
Do you notice how all of the player and mod suggestions to you involve that YOU spend 10-15 minutes of your own day and play time in order to report the bot?
Take screen shot, record this, record that, log out of game, email customer service, blah blah blah...
This is exactly why nothing really changes the fact that there are bots in the game.
It's a tedious asinine system that penalizes the reporter by making you jump through hoops.
I understand it does take a bit of time to send in a report to CS, but so does coming to the forums to post on here. So we suggest people report to CS directly so they can give the best "first hand" information. That said, people can always whisper to a mod to tell them then the mod can check it out as well. Mods don't always see the first hand action like the players do.

Taking the time to report those who are not following the TOS or policy does help the game and is always appreciated!

Characters
Instant Karma, Boot II
Platform
Steam
If you care about the game (and I assume you do) taking a few minutes to report a suspected botter, and/or someone suspected of violating the TOS, helps ensure the quality of the game we love.

*note: "you" in the plural sense of the word, not directed at any individual*

regards

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Does a game need so much gold? If I have a lot of gold, what can I buy for it? The answer is nothing. I don `t know why I need a lot of gold .

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
If you care about the game (and I assume you do) taking a few minutes to report a suspected botter, and/or someone suspected of violating the TOS, helps ensure the quality of the game we love.

*note: "you" in the plural sense of the word, not directed at any individual*

regards
Can't report them as they have ??????? symbols for a name and my time zone there are no mods on.
Still my point on gold and multiple accounts if its account bound gold you cant run and play multiple accounts, like know i could have 4 phones going all collecting gold.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Does a game need so much gold? If I have a lot of gold, what can I buy for it? The answer is nothing. I don `t know why I need a lot of gold .
Crafting costs (both for making crafted components and for the 5 star gear itself), gnogging costs (which often are more expensive than making the gear in the first place), enhancing gear, buying gathering supplies and motes from npc vendors, unlocking house perks and appearances, purchasing tradable items from the Auction House such as Tomb scraps and Marshland gems, and then there are those little purchases that affect your quality of life, such as being able to purchase a few sockets in the Auction House....Some quests cost gold (I recently had to spend about 63 gold to purchase a tapestry scrap for a main quest in Bevyn's Coille), and in Turnapin Peak, until you complete the main quest in there, the snow pixies literally steal silver for every minute you spend in the zoneā€¦.We aren't exactly lacking in things to spend your gold on, but if hoarding your gold is more important to you, that's always an option too.

If you truly have more gold than you know what to do with, then why not purchase a trophy mount from Lake Kiwa? (I never have enough gold to do that, and I've been playing for 5 years now, on all 4 toons, and I sell gems from gathering, flowers I grow, and raise golden sheep too.) Another alternative would be to use your gold to help out a new player. It really makes a big difference when you receive a little boost when you're brand new to the game.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Can't report them as they have ??????? symbols for a name
That's a separate issue which needs to be addressed. I could be wrong, but I believe that each account (possibly even each character) has some kind of unique ID number. What would happen if (in those cases where the character name is all foreign characters), there were a way of viewing their unique number? Obviously, this would only need to be accessed for instances such as this. In that case, with the unique player ID number, you could then proceed and report as usual.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Still my point on gold and multiple accounts if its account bound gold you cant run and play multiple accounts, like know i could have 4 phones going all collecting gold.
In my opinion, making all gold account bound is not the solution. It would decimate any kind of an in-game economy, discourage player interaction, and have a negative, widespread impact throughout the entire game. The issue isn't the gold. It's having multiple accounts, particularly when more than one is active at a time.

Some time ago, someone suggested tracking IP addresses. However, the issue with that is that family members living in the same household should still be able to play together, and be logged into the game at the same time. We don't want to prevent this from happening in V&H. There are a lot of spouses, grown siblings, parents and their grown children, parents and their young children, adults and their significant others, etc who all LOVE to play V&H together! These relationships are an integral part of the core of our community, and we don't want to jeopardize this.

Other games have randomized anti-botting pop-ups. You never know when the box will appear, but once it does, you have to verify that you're not a bot before you can continue gathering. And if you fail to reply within 5 minutes OR if you give an incorrect answer, you are booted from the game for bot-like behavior and receive a warning. After X number of warnings, your account is banned. (Note that I'm simply mentioning this as a possible option of a way to prevent botting, which is probably the issue at the heart of things here. Also, I would rather see this added to the game instead of mini games played while gathering, which could be another way of making sure that afk gathering is prevented.)

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
In my opinion, making all gold account bound is not the solution. It would decimate any kind of an in-game economy, discourage player interaction, and have a negative, widespread impact throughout the entire game. The issue isn't the gold. It's having multiple accounts, particularly when more than one is active at a time.

Some time ago, someone suggested tracking IP addresses. However, the issue with that is that family members living in the same household should still be able to play together, and be logged into the game at the same time. We don't want to prevent this from happening in V&H. There are a lot of spouses, grown siblings, parents and their grown children, parents and their young children, adults and their significant others, etc who all LOVE to play V&H together! These relationships are an integral part of the core of our community, and we don't want to jeopardize this.

Other games have randomized anti-botting pop-ups. You never know when the box will appear, but once it does, you have to verify that you're not a bot before you can continue gathering. And if you fail to reply within 5 minutes OR if you give an incorrect answer, you are booted from the game for bot-like behavior and receive a warning. After X number of warnings, your account is banned. (Note that I'm simply mentioning this as a possible option of a way to prevent botting, which is probably the issue at the heart of things here. Also, I would rather see this added to the game instead of mini games played while gathering, which could be another way of making sure that afk gathering is prevented.)
Not sure how it would decimate any kind of an in-game economy.
If a guldie asks or needs a weapon i dont charge em gold and if someone in world chat calls out for something they need you can reply back, sure just finishing off my bountie run and I will list it on the Auction house for you and any one else need something listed.
It will bring down the price of items on AH as if you can run a few accounts and generate more gold it pushes prices up on AH.