Kitty the Hunter

Huntress
Platform
PC
Not sure how it would decimate any kind of an in-game economy.
If a guldie asks or needs a weapon i dont charge em gold and if someone in world chat calls out for something they need you can reply back, sure just finishing off my bountie run and I will list it on the Auction house for you and any one else need something listed.
It will bring down the price of items on AH as if you can run a few accounts and generate more gold it pushes prices up on AH.
First of all, crafting is very costly and I do not expect players to give gear away for free, so making gear for others would virtually end.
Secondly, if we make gold account bound then the AH would need to close, as well as trading or mailing anything that could be sold for gold because they would be used to bypass the restriction of account bound gold. These 2 things would decimate the economy.

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
First of all, crafting is very costly and I do not expect players to give gear away for free, so making gear for others would virtually end.
Secondly, if we make gold account bound then the AH would need to close, as well as trading or mailing anything that could be sold for gold because they would be used to bypass the restriction of account bound gold. These 2 things would decimate the economy.
Well that would leave a pattern for who is emailing there stuff and trading on AH and make it easier to close down multiple accounts.
Like i said gold just be used for AH and npc,s anyone against this must have multiple accounts.
Yes it does cost to craft stuff but why have a AH if its not being used.
Not sure what gear is selling for on other servers but a crown bag are trading its 1500 gold a ressie 100 gold each, only folks with multiple accounts can buy those items.

Donut

Lol, this will always be a subject unless MOG gets an actual anti bot/hack system that prevents players from playing the game when they turn on their bots./hacks. A zero tolerance policy on the forums/discord isn’t going to stop anyone from botting. Even people who got caught botting weren’t even permanently banned. Smart botters would just trade request other accounts instead of cookie trails like auction house/mailing.

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Well for me i feel the contrary I felt that anything at AH is too cheap to make it worthwhile selling item there, except for the premium item. Gold value also have decreased by a lot since starfall, it is far easier to get and have much less use, only trophy item such as rift toy, pinbone, and the gold mount. Like in the past there are a lot more people that sell crowns at AH because gold that are needed for legendary crafting can go over thousands easily, now just by reselling the excesses crafted gear, you almost have no gold lost. The crown price increase by a lot because of that, also now that crown bag is removed from the shop and only appear occasionally, make the supply very low and the demand is much higher. And the last one is the player that take advantages of circumstances like this and those guy are the crown re-seller they bought the crown and than resell it and make the crown price keep increasing. I believe those circumstances is what force the crown price to goes up, if you want to make the gold account bound because of the botter I strongly disagree with that, the Otters already make motes account bound because off them making gold account bound and we can already see how annoying that motes are account bound.

The highest priced crown mount is 600 crowns and 29500 gold for gold mounts. if the only purposes of having that much gold is buying those mount then their value should be around the same. In that case each crowns can worth about 50g, so a crown bag can easily worth 2500g, so 1500g still a pretty fair price now, because of the game current circumstances

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Crafting costs (both for making crafted components and for the 5 star gear itself), gnogging costs (which often are more expensive than making the gear in the first place), enhancing gear, buying gathering supplies and motes from npc vendors, unlocking house perks and appearances, purchasing tradable items from the Auction House such as Tomb scraps and Marshland gems, and then there are those little purchases that affect your quality of life, such as being able to purchase a few sockets in the Auction House....Some quests cost gold (I recently had to spend about 63 gold to purchase a tapestry scrap for a main quest in Bevyn's Coille), and in Turnapin Peak, until you complete the main quest in there, the snow pixies literally steal silver for every minute you spend in the zone….We aren't exactly lacking in things to spend your gold on, but if hoarding your gold is more important to you, that's always an option too.

If you truly have more gold than you know what to do with, then why not purchase a trophy mount from Lake Kiwa? (I never have enough gold to do that, and I've been playing for 5 years now, on all 4 toons, and I sell gems from gathering, flowers I grow, and raise golden sheep too.) Another alternative would be to use your gold to help out a new player. It really makes a big difference when you receive a little boost when you're brand new to the game.
Mb,mount in lake Kiwa and......all.But why me need mount lake Kiwa?-idk.All prof full, swaps inngrids not selling.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Can't report them as they have ??????? symbols for a name and my time zone there are no mods on.
Still my point on gold and multiple accounts if its account bound gold you cant run and play multiple accounts, like know i could have 4 phones going all collecting gold.
You can still either mail a mod or send a screenshot with information: zone, exact time, to CS (or mod). CS can share with mods who can keep an eye out for these people.

zugu

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Dandis, Hazmocar
Platform
Steam
Where exactly is the NPC selling mounts in Lake Kiwa?

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Where exactly is the NPC selling mounts in Lake Kiwa?
Or you can find the mount vendor next to the guy who give you mount at Summer's hollow that npc sell the same mount as the one at lake kiwa and easier to find in my opinion

zugu

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Dandis, Hazmocar
Platform
Steam
Right, I thought they offered different mounts.

Sudaki

Citizen
Characters
Sudaki, Hamba, Eola
Platform
Android, PC
If the gold is account bound how can you spend in the auction house? It is still regardless that your putting it in the AH going to another player.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Mote drops were changed to bound items in order to help curtail botting and there was a rather strong backlash from the community. The reaction to binding gold would be much, much stronger.
I can not deny that botting remains an issue, but I do not believe binding gold is the solution. Yes, it would make it harder on the botters, but at what cost to the community?

Donut

They took away the crown bags from zogs, crown bags from the crown shop. Put in new requirements for tradeable premium items. Bound motes ,but all they did was post a zero tolerance policy and don’t forget they even allow players to infinitely gather without tools. It may be slower but if they have multiple computers with bluestacks on it.

Tiberius

Neonga Nation
Forum Moderator
Last edited
Do you notice how all of the player and mod suggestions to you involve that YOU spend 10-15 minutes of your own day and play time in order to report the bot?
Take screen shot, record this, record that, log out of game, email customer service, blah blah blah...
This is exactly why nothing really changes the fact that there are bots in the game.
It's a tedious asinine system that penalizes the reporter by making you jump through hoops.
Yeah, unfortunately, just like in RL, "law enforcement" is for a large part quite dependant on the cooperation of the community and that "crimes"/rules violations are reported by witnesses, because we, just like the police in RL, don´t have the ressources to monitor every part of the game on every server in real time and 24/7 and regardless of what methods, rules and mechanics we´d establish, there´s always ways around them and people will still break the rules regardless.

Also, I´m not really sure you´d want that really, since it would make for quite a "big-brothery"atmosphere if we´d have mods or game masters next to every mob or gathering node etc. :)

And while I don´t think reporting a botter takes as long as 15 minutes and yes, it´s sometimes also not really possible to see the char name if the botter uses a different charset than you (which results in ??????? names), we indeed know that reporting a botter takes away from your valuable playtime and is somewhat annoying, so we appreaciate it even more if you report botters to us or one of our mods. Thanks! :)

Even people who got caught botting weren’t even permanently banned. Smart botters would just trade request other accounts instead of cookie trails like auction house/mailing.
We indeed don´t permaban all offenders on their first offence, even if some players would like us to do so. There´s a multitude of factors that play a part in our decision for how long somebody is banned, what you have done, how long/often, if you are a repeat offender/have been banned before and quite a few more, so it´s always an individual decision. What I can assure you is that if you don´t stop with whatever you have done after being temp. banned, you will be permabanned eventually. Plus, we also have the means to find out all of your accounts, if you have more than one, so creating a special account just for your rule breaking doesn´t really help. :)

Can't report them as they have ??????? symbols for a name and my time zone there are no mods on.
That you sometimes can´t see the names of character that play the game in a different charset is indeed a problem, but if a char like that is regularly botting at a certain place and time (which happens more often than not), we´ll try to catch and/or identify the botter if we just know when and where to look. We have great mods in a lot of different time zones, so even if none of your regular mods is available, if there´s a known botter to investigate, there´s usually somebody willing to check, even if it´s not their regular server. Also our customer support has the ability to see all names in clear, even those ??????? names.

GoGoGadget

BRA Member
Platform
Android, PC
Suggestion. Add a pop up when someone has been gathering for a exeedingly long time (for example when tool gets under 85-90% condition the pop ups start). Same way as when you get "stuck" Make it random so it can appear on any part of the screen. If you dont click it in 15-20s you get kicked out. If you tie it to the tool condition those who are active never get these msgs as they keep picking up repair globules.

Reactions: Panthera and Zazie
  • Likex2

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Suggestion. Add a pop up when someone has been gathering for a exeedingly long time (for example when tool gets under 85-90% condition the pop ups start). Same way as when you get "stuck" Make it random so it can appear on any part of the screen. If you dont click it in 15-20s you get kicked out. If you tie it to the tool condition those who are active never get these msgs as they keep picking up repair globules.
I like this suggestion. It's when someone has been at the same node for longer than around half an hour uninterrupted that I might begin to question whether a player is botting. (Since Wellspring, I have rarely gathered for more than the length of an herb or two at a clip, so 20-40 minutes. And it's most often no more than 20 minutes.) However, I would make the threshold lower. Make those pop ups randomly appear when the tool gets down to 50%. Perhaps the pop ups should be more frequent as the tool needs more repair, below this point? (I use nothing but premium supplies, so that my tools need to be repaired less often, which is a luxury not everyone has. I generally don't pick up a repair globule until another replaces it on the ground, and either the glob starts flashing and/or my tool's health is right around 85%. I think the lowest I ever allow my non-item shop tools to get is around 80%, so I wouldn't want the threshold to be as high as 80-85%. I feel that would penalize newer players too heavily.)

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I have frequently gathered for a couple hours at a time. Using white supplies to gather the 5k needed for a village project takes a lot longer than 20 minutes, and sometimes more than one project wants the same items. And when grinding crafting skill, I have gathered 10k ore, worms, wood at a time to refine.

Reactions: Entelligente Ente
  • Likex1

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
A pop would be excedingly annoying. Some days I spend hours a day just gathering materials, but i don't always click the repair globules and instead just let my tool break, then I just use the bottled Repair Globules instead. I sit there and click my mouse while watching youtube etc. on a separate pc. Yes I multitask, and no I am not botting, I am actually clicking the node. Will I see someone wave or talk to me? not always. Still doesn't mean I am botting. You never really know if someone is really botting, or just paying partial attention. Some people speak different language so might not understand you, doesn't always mean they are botting. unless you stand there watching that person who is gathering 24/7, you really don't know of they are actually botting or just partly paying attention or ignoring you.