Platform
PC
How do you think a simple pop-up window will stop botters from botting? If they can click on a resource node, why should not they be able to click on a pop-up window? This might defeat a simple auto-clicker tool that just repeatedly clicks in one place, but there are plenty of free and open source tools available which would allow you to circumvent that.

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
I agree with Zar, many times while watching Netflix on my mac while gathering, (and clicking!)I have had to use Alfred when the tool has broken due to my inattention of watching for repair globs!

FaunaG

Priestess
Characters
FaunaG, Fion, FGWar, FaunaG Wi
Platform
PC
Oh for heaven's sake! Binding gold, activating annoying as hell pop ups? Let's just punish EVERYONE for the actions of some, yeah? This isn't supposed to be like RL where we have to take our shoes off at the airport. I'm certain the Otters are working tirelessly to stop botters seeing as how it's THEIR game and THEIR money that's being manipulated and stolen. How about we let them do their job and report when we see something suspicious, instead of imposing restrictions on those of us who are obeying the rules?

Characters
Donut King
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
IMHO,
To fix the bot issue dramatically is to get an anti bot/hack system along with the removal of the ability to gather without tools. This would help reduce a large percentage of botters, but I have not figure out a way to tackle botters who use android emulators to run villagers and heroes. This suggestion does not really fix combat botters nor people who bot while crafting via android emulators, but it does stop pc players who uses bots and it doesn’t really affect most players because most players who are there would like to use their gathering tools.

Maybe when a player whose not either gathering or crafting will get a random “are you here?” Pop up if they don’t move from the same spot for a certain time.

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
Suggestion. Add a pop up when someone has been gathering for a exeedingly long time (for example when tool gets under 85-90% condition the pop ups start). Same way as when you get "stuck" Make it random so it can appear on any part of the screen. If you dont click it in 15-20s you get kicked out. If you tie it to the tool condition those who are active never get these msgs as they keep picking up repair globules.
That wouldn't be bad for the majority of ppl but I know I would get kicked regularly. My hand eye coordination isn't what it used to be. Or I'm guessing that's my problem. I played a game that had something like that and could never click the button fast enough lol

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
Well that would leave a pattern for who is emailing there stuff and trading on AH and make it easier to close down multiple accounts.
Like i said gold just be used for AH and npc,s anyone against this must have multiple accounts.
Yes it does cost to craft stuff but why have a AH if its not being used.
Not sure what gear is selling for on other servers but a crown bag are trading its 1500 gold a ressie 100 gold each, only folks with multiple accounts can buy those items.
I am against it but I don't have multiple accounts. I send gold to friends if they are making gear for me I play alot more then my hubby since I'm not working right now so I send him gold occasionally too. Having gold bound would mean I couldn't help friends anymore and helping is a big part if my game.

Platform
PC
I am against it but I don't have multiple accounts. I send gold to friends if they are making gear for me I play alot more then my hubby since I'm not working right now so I send him gold occasionally too. Having gold bound would mean I couldn't help friends anymore and helping is a big part if my game.
His suggestion does not make any sense anyway, in other MMOs, trading gold for cash and transferring it via the auction house is a common trading pattern. You simply list five apples for 1000 gold each and someone in desperate need for apples i.e. someone who sells ingame gold for real money accidentally purchases your overpriced apples. Of course you will lose the auction house fee in the process, but that is not a big deal if you have an inexhaustible stream of botted gold at your disposal.

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
I don’t really see any bot issues in this game, I see no spam for gold sellers (mods would shut them down), I see no one soloing 85 elders in minutes, I don’t really see gathering bots either and I travel around the gathering spots often - also I don’t see prices going lower to an influx of botted materials (prices seem stable).

I know there was a zog exploit and a charge back scam but they closed those loop holes. So I’m not sure what else needs to be done.

Platform
Android, PC
I don’t really see any bot issues in this game, I see no spam for gold sellers (mods would shut them down), I see no one soloing 85 elders in minutes, I don’t really see gathering bots either and I travel around the gathering spots often - also I don’t see prices going lower to an influx of botted materials (prices seem stable).

I know there was a zog exploit and a charge back scam but they closed those loop holes. So I’m not sure what else needs to be done.
I'm going to have to agree with you. I spend more time at the gathering spots than anywhere else in game and I don't ever see these bots. But I do only play on one server so maybe that server is just blessed with no bots.

Now that I think about it.. I'm curious if I might have been mistaken as a bot since while at work I'll stay at 1 node for hours at a time and not move or talk. I will wave at people occasionally though. ^,..^

I'm going to have to agree with you. I spend more time at the gathering spots than anywhere else in game and I don't ever see these bots. But I do only play on one server so maybe that server is just blessed with no bots.

Now that I think about it.. I'm curious if I might have been mistaken as a bot since while at work I'll stay at 1 node for hours at a time and not move or talk. I will wave at people occasionally though. ^,..^
I wonder if I could be mistaken for a bot too, for exactly the same reason. While I do leave the node to empty my bags, I often go back to the same node and someone might think I had been gathering continuously.

LordKyrie

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
So I am just wondering how you all know someone is a bot?
From what I am hearing I think I might be accused of being a bot.
Sometimes I spend an hour or two gatherings. It takes a lot of mats to level up at higher levels, and I will sit and watch a movie on my tv and click away on my laptop the whole time. and I will ignore chat that whole time too because I am watching a movie, so am I going to be accused of being a bot?
Sorry to go slightly off topic.

Forum Moderator
Characters
IrishElf, Rishi, Irish, Elf
Platform
PC
Sometimes I spend an hour or two gatherings. It takes a lot of mats to level up at higher levels, and I will sit and watch a movie on my tv and click away on my laptop the whole time. and I will ignore chat that whole time too because I am watching a movie, so am I going to be accused of being a bot?
They can tell from log files when a player is actually clicking in the game.

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
Sometimes you can tell if someone is botting if you happen to cross their node (like a fishing node) and they follow you cause the bot clicked on you instead of the node, and then you can get them to keep following you. I don't recommend jumping on people's gathering nodes though, as this has happened to me before and it is extreemly annoying.

Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Sometimes you can tell if someone is botting if you happen to cross their node (like a fishing node) and they follow you cause the bot clicked on you instead of the node, and then you can get them to keep following you. I don't recommend jumping on people's gathering nodes though, as this has happened to me before and it is extreemly annoying.
That only work if they use auto clicker which i think is the least harmful type of bot since usually the player have to stay to click the globule manually or repair the tools after sometimes, if someone use a good bot or script, it will be programmed to click on an exact image like the node image or globule image, so you can't tell are they using bot or not just by trying to disrupt their clicking spot.

Last edited
That only work if they use auto clicker which i think is the least harmful type of bot since usually the player have to stay to click the globule manually or repair the tools after sometimes, if someone use a good bot or script, it will be programmed to click on an exact image like the node image or globule image, so you can't tell are they using bot or not just by trying to disrupt their clicking spot.
Except if they do not use a tool while gathering and therefore do not have to repair any tool or use any supplies.

Edit: You still use supplies while gathering without tools.