High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
golden sheep, profitable or not?
how much is the maximum selling price?
how long does it take to feed for the maximum price ?

Platform
PC
If you sell a fully grown golden sheep, you'll get 150 gold (I believe - it's been awhile). It DOES take awhile to fully grow the sheep, but some people love doing this for the gold profit.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
It is profitable, but if the profit worth it or not it gonna be depend on you. The max price now is 181 gold at lvl 44. now the last question is pretty tricky it gonna depend on your ranching level and how often you feed it. The ranching level make a very big difference. I'll just say the fastest possible is around 40 times making your sheep sleep by giving everything they want (doing the thing they want 240 times), that's with max level ranching and finishing it in 4-5 days, the longer you try to max it you'll need more interaction with the sheep, like if you try to finish it the number can go up to around 50. Ranching level make a bigger difference but i never really count before reaching level 90 so i'm not sure about the exact number.

There are some different route to maximize the profit like if you only play around one hour a day you can just keep the sheep at max level and get wool every 2 days which earn you 1.5gold from each sheep, at that point you can just give your sheep fruit from gathering and water, so you can grow flower on your garden all the time. if you play like 3-4 hours a day you can plant sheep food at your garden when you're on and grow flowers when you're about to go off, and feed your sheep twice a day like that, and sell them when they're maxed, or if you play the game a lot try maxing it in a week and sell it.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
They are definitely profitable, but it depends on how often can you log on to feed them (and how effectively you can feed them). You can max them out in 6 days if you log on almost every 2 hours and always give them what they need. With 9 sheeps, that's 9*81g = 729g profit, per week (not counting the fleece you can vendor). If you log on like once or twice a day, they still good, but will take a while, and you're better off planting flowers for profit, instead of planting food for the sheep.

RedEye

Wizard
Platform
PC
I feed my 9 sheep 3 or 4 times a day and 3 to 5 times on Saturday. Ranching is at 90. It takes 10 to 12 days to max the sheep. That is a profit of 730 every 10 to 12 days. I can't make that growing flowers. But I always feed them what they want (except when I mis click) - if you don't it will take forever to level them up. But you have to keep up with it, if you don't feed them for a few days... it will take that many more days till you can harvest. I started on golden sheep at about lvl 50 or 55. By constantly feeding them, my ranching quickly raced up to 90, so much so, that I had to stop a few times to let my gardening catch up so I could grow the proper food. Getting the garden up to 84 or 86 (I forget what level it had to be to grow the highest level food the sheep wanted), was the hardest part of the process. Have to keep up with it even more than the sheep.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
To summarise the above, golden sheep are profitable.

Whether they are the quickest way to earn gold (compared to growing flowers for example) depends on how much time you spend on levelling the sheep.

Wait

Adventurer
Characters
Wait Bubble O Seven Powunow
Platform
iOS, PC
Well, I own them and sell them when they are maxed out. However, I feel that they would be worth a review because the rewards do not seem to reimburse for the time it takes to make back the gold with profit.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Hmm...my best desigion-gathering(sell jewerly stone)-50-100gold per day:p

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
Well, I own them and sell them when they are maxed out. However, I feel that they would be worth a review because the rewards do not seem to reimburse for the time it takes to make back the gold with profit.
I agree. Going to be trying to figure out some maths on it, but I find it pretty unlikely that golden sheep can be worth feeding vegetables.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
I agree. Going to be trying to figure out some maths on it, but I find it pretty unlikely that golden sheep can be worth feeding vegetables.
Well, I ran some pretty mediocre maths on it. Might try some more rigorous stuff later, but I appear to have been WRONG. It IS worth it to grow veg to feed to your sheep, given you play enough that is. (the big negative is that if you grow a 5 hr veg, and don't play much, then you will be wasting a lot of grow time in the garden.)

Here's how I did my math. I raised a golden sheep. I started December 12th and the sheep made it to lvl 44 december 16th. I wrote down what I fed my sheep and out of 144 times I fed (I didn't write down each time), I fed my sheep 28 vegetables. I also did 32 tool usages. Since it was 35 days, and I feed my sheep about twice a day, I figure I fed my sheep 70 times (6 food items per feeding = 420 food items). Extrapolating from the 28 veg / 144, that's 82 veg. Also, the tool cost would be about 152 silver. The total profit was 82 gold - the tool cost = 80.5 gold. That's about 1 gold per veg. Highest cost plant to sell is royal daisy for <40 silver each and a 22 hour grow time. Also, the sheep provided income of about 9 gold from the fleece sales during the growth time.

The veg isn't the whole value of raising the sheep, but I'd figure that you'd probably only go about half the speed if you didn't use the veg, because you'd lose your 4x bonus a lot more and go back to 1x. So, conclusion: Golden sheep are worth it if you log on twice per day. If you log on once per day, I think they'd still be worth it. If you don't log on every day, you're probably better off growing pie fruit (coffea berries at gardening level 75 or Zona sugar cane at gardening level 90) and selling pies (US2, it's around ~3 gold for a lvl 75 pie or ~5 gold for a lvl 90 pie, but demand is limited)

Reactions: Androxus
  • Likex1