Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer

The Haunted Moors update is just around the corner! We are proud to announce that the upcoming Halloween update (including the second part of the Earth and Sea expansion) will go live on Monday or Tuesday next week!

Check out details on the update here, including exclusive previews of the new mounts and outfits, the Blighted Isles zones, and the completely redesigned mobile character creation:
villagers-and-heroes.com/halloween

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Last edited
Side note: The Bat mounts are the first ever in V&H that stand on the ground while still but fly while moving! They also have a third walking animation that you can use by going slower :)
Sooooooo cool!! That going slower is the /walk command right?

Raphael Lenglet

Black Thrush Agent
Platform
PC
as a really free to play player i just hope for aristocratic vampire outfit and vampiric bat will be earnable from event
i just love Halloween and Red and Black

Reactions: Viranda
  • Lovex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
as a really free to play player i just hope for aristocratic vampire outfit and vampiric bat will be earnable from event
i just love Halloween and Red and Black
On the link it shows pictures and what will be premium (in item shop) and what is earnable in EZ.

Tanzy

Citizen
Platform
iOS
Great mounts but so disappointing that you can’t earn the vampire bat. The green one is meh and does nothing for me. I will just have to sell all the pumpkins I have been stockpiling. Disappointed that there are no great mounts to earn. I may sit this event out

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
The Halloween event is actually the most fun even to participate in. The bosses are worthwhile, and they at least take some effort to kill unlike the stupid caliphs.

I'm usually happy to support the Otters when they have worthwhile items to sell, so I don't agree that players that only play for free should get access to everything like cool mounts.

Hawklin Lane

Warrior
Characters
Tolin, Myrleena, Pantel
Platform
iOS, Android
I'm usually happy to support the Otters when they have worthwhile items to sell, so I don't agree that players that only play for free should get access to everything like cool mounts or speed boosts and such.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. At first I was ok playing for free since I don’t have allot of spare cash. But as a treat, and so far only twice, I get myself some crowns so I can get some of the extras. Supporting a game I like is my way to appreciate and though it isn’t much it my part of contributing to the ongoing success.

I like that there is nothing that will break the game as far as balance or structure like other games. And for free still has plenty to offer for those that can’t, or won’t, get crowns.

I think it should be that way. Giving away everything would be great; but since the idea is still for the otters to make a profit, there should be some items that are shop only items so the otters can eat too. Those items are often similar too, but different from those that can be earned.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
Love these preview pages, they look amazeballs every single time, and the new content, it will be a trick (or treat ;) ).

On a kinda related side note: Are you sure that all outfits that are labeled premium is premium? I think there ought to be some labeled free event one :)

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1
Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I had the same question. I wondered if there were Event outfits to earn, or toys.

Missa

Priestess
Characters
Missa Solemnis,Ciel, Asphysxia
Platform
PC
OHMYGOSH! we have another "Must-have" Mount for the new event :D

Rock

Lumineer
Platform
Android, PC
The Bat mounts are the first ever in V&H that stand on the ground while still but fly while moving!
This is what I suggested for the dragons when they came out. They can be very distracting in large standing groups with their big flapping wings everywhere. I'm thinking about last year's Grinchta EZ in particular.

Any chance that these animations can be retrofitted to the dragon mounts? Pretty please?!?

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Love these preview pages, they look amazeballs every single time, and the new content, it will be a trick (or treat ;) ).

On a kinda related side note: Are you sure that all outfits that are labeled premium is premium? I think there ought to be some labeled free event one :)
I had the same question. I wondered if there were Event outfits to earn, or toys.
Yes, Dawnfire, I believe you are correct that some of that information is in error.
Yes, PlatinumPlatypus, there WILL be several items available for event currency.
I'll leave it to a dev to offer a clarification on that.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
What's shown on the website, as stated on the site itself, is just a small showcase of everything available! That said, I have edited and replaced a few items to show more clearly a few items available for free in the actual event :)

(a few of the items labeled as Premium are available in the item Shop as well as in the event. These have now been labeled as free for clarity!)

Triera

Citizen
Characters
Triera
Platform
Android
Side note: The Bat mounts are the first ever in V&H that stand on the ground while still but fly while moving! They also have a third walking animation that you can use by going slower :)
This is great!