vpy

Reader
Characters
Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
I am an Ardent member but even with the membership it feels like really long to level up after level 47 (tested with woodcrafting).

I took that elixir which gives me additional 25% crafting exp but even with all that I find I am unable to progress at a decent pace.
100 Birch converted to Birch Timber took me only from 47 % to 47.15% (approx)
This is really bad :(

In previous brackets I used to have 3 full stacks of plant (Oak, Ash) etc and convert them into their timber.
Just by doing that I was able to level up and get timbers...it was a win-win.
But this does not seem to work at all.
Has the crafting been nerfed ?

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I just maxed my last craft, Cooking, yesterday. To go from 89 to 90 I refined a "lot" of fish to oil. Well over 30k fish I'm sure. As far as I know, this is pretty much standard, not broken.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Yup. Definitely not broken! Leveling up crafting has never been easier!

Yes, as you level up any skill, it becomes progressively harder. I find that it goes fast (and I barely notice it slowing down) until it gets to around level 70-75ish. I notice a slight difference around that point, and then again at around level 80, and 85. The last two levels (to get from 88 up to 90) are the toughest in any skill. (And of course, that's largely because it requires the most xp to gain those last two levels.)

And yet it now feels soooo much easier to get from level 1 all the way up to level 70 in ALL skills (including combat) than it did just 2-3 years ago! Every time the level cap is raised, the end-game grind is shifted higher and to the later stages of the game. Just like with combat, the crafting grind currently doesn't really begin to set in until around lvl 79.

Just keep chipping away at it, use your best pies, and take advantage of xp potions and village perks. Be patient and persistent, and you'll get to level 90. :)

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Another idea that helped me was using the skill books for levels 87-90. You are making the refines anyway, and at the end levels, those books can make a huge difference.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Another idea that helped me was using the skill books for levels 87-90. You are making the refines anyway, and at the end levels, those books can make a huge difference.
Yeah, those skill books are what Zazie's currently buying with all her stockpiled charter tokens, when she feels the need to gain another level in one more crafting skill. (And my lower level toons also use those skill books any time they're not donating the refined mats they make to village projects.)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
I am new here.
What is skill book ?
Where can I get that ?
Skill books can be purchased with charter tokens at either of the npc's in Ardent City. (One is in Crafter's Corner, by the pillar in the middle.) Any gathered or refined material that is NOT gear (or a crafted component like handgrips) has a charter token icon in the detail screen, which shows the value of the individual item as well as the value of the stack size.

You can also use charter tokens to purchase a gathering hat (which will make your gathering and supply use more efficient.) Charter tokens are also used to purchase crafters' marks. (Talk to the npc in the red robe next to the smithy in Ardent City for more info about crafting specializations.)

vpy

Reader
Characters
Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
Skill books can be purchased with charter tokens at either of the npc's in Ardent City. (One is in Crafter's Corner, by the pillar in the middle.) Any gathered or refined material that is NOT gear (or a crafted component like handgrips) has a charter token icon in the detail screen, which shows the value of the individual item as well as the value of the stack size.

You can also use charter tokens to purchase a gathering hat (which will make your gathering and supply use more efficient.) Charter tokens are also used to purchase crafters' marks. (Talk to the npc in the red robe next to the smithy in Ardent City for more info about crafting specializations.)
Folks like you are what keep this game going strong !! :)

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
The benefit was greatly reduced in a previous update, but I still advise getting the gathering crown at the earliest opportunity. It was the first thing I purchased with charter tokens and I have never regretted it. Even with the reduced benefit, I see a major difference between my characters that have it compared to those that do not.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Actually there are 3 Charter Token Vendors in the game.
The first is Bishon in Summer's Hallow by Otto the Master Gatherer (C6 on Map)
The second is Celenia in the middle of the crafting area (E2 on Map) in Ardent City next to Linolia (the Village Teleporter) & Silsha (the Motes of Yorick vendor).
The third is Zoran over by one set of tents in the (C/D2) Auction House area with several other vendors.