The Dutchess

Mighty Warrior
Platform
iOS
I had three questions/suggestions i wanted to ask during the live stream but sadly i'm at work during the day, and cant participate. One thing I am interested in seeing happen is game is the ability to link items in trade chat. This would make life so much easier for all of us. Wondering if that could ever be a possibility. Also, would be nice to have the ability to purchase a two seater mount. I don't know if that's a viable possibility either. Also wondering when and IF there will be any new dungeons in the future. We love our dungeon on server 3, but its getting a bit redundant. also, how many pairs of epic gloves, boots and trinkets can one have at lvl 90? Be nice to have a few dungeon options that reward different items. So you can pick and choose the dungeon you would like to run based on a certain item you actually need. Just the thoughts of a bored person who misses her warrior:p

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I forget where I saw it but I'm under the impression they released one dungeon as a trial run with another two or three to follow. At this point, they seem to have most of the bugs worked out and the participation rate seems good, sooo... perhaps we will see another one sometime this year.

Characters
Chiarale
Platform
iOS, PC
Regarding dungeons in 2019 (at 1:18:00):

Also worth listening to if you have two minutes, at 59:25, Damon shares some lovely words of inspiration that are very applicable to the present happenings.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Side note, but I think one of the reasons why I enjoy those "Damon stories" so much is because of how much they exasperate Sarah! (Reminds me of how I sometimes react to my other half.) LOL

Platform
PC
Hello all,
I was hoping if the Devs would implement reward systems for heroes that help out on the servers.
Not sure how other servers go but on US2 server there is always heroes that help with elders, new information for new players, crafting parties for server and so on, such a great community.
I know the Mods get rewarded generously for what they do but these last few months i don't see them helping others ... Not sure how its going on other servers just what i see on US2.

My thoughts are if Devs can set up a voting system monthly for a few players on each server to win rewards such as mana potions, health potions and ressies.

Anyhow just my thoughts that rewards should go to players that deserve them and help better the community :)

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Hello all,
I was hoping if the Devs would implement reward systems for heroes that help out on the servers.
Not sure how other servers go but on US2 server there is always heroes that help with elders, new information for new players, crafting parties for server and so on, such a great community.
I know the Mods get rewarded generously for what they do but these last few months i don't see them helping others ... Not sure how its going on other servers just what i see on US2.

My thoughts are if Devs can set up a voting system monthly for a few players on each server to win rewards such as mana potions, health potions and ressies.

On US2 server I only see mods maybe once a month go purple and tell a 12 year old to watch four letter language and maybe Stella going through looking for gathering bots and they get rewarded 500 crowns a month omg!!! Did i miss something important they do?
Anyhow just my thoughts that rewards should go to players that deserve them and help better the community :)
In the past there have been monthly, and later threemonthly, picks for Royal Guardian. This title was bestowed upon the very people you described. Although it is not a planned award anymore, if there is someone you truly feels deserves the title, feel free to shoot any moderator in the game a mail or personal message on the forum with who it is, which server, and what they do that makes them so outstanding to you and we'll pass it on. There are no longer open nominations on the forums.

Platform
PC
In the past there have been monthly, and later threemonthly, picks for Royal Guardian. This title was bestowed upon the very people you described. Although it is not a planned award anymore, if there is someone you truly feels deserves the title, feel free to shoot any moderator in the game a mail or personal message on the forum with who it is, which server, and what they do that makes them so outstanding to you and we'll pass it on. There are no longer open nominations on the forums.
Hi what I would like to see is maybe a NPC in Ardent city where all the community could cast a vote on the top 3 players of that month to receive a reward bag of some sort. Time and time again on the server I see many heroes helping out and without these heroes most players would not be able to move forward in the game.

Its an awesome community US2 and there is always someone willing to help a hero in need and i was hopeful a community voted reward system would be implemented as Royal Guardian is not chosen by the whole community.

Royal Guardian
Characters
Miss Marple, Matricia
Platform
PC
Last edited by a moderator
[QUOTE = "sparksy, Beitrag: 5354, Mitglied: 429"] Hallo alle,
Ich hatte gehofft, ob die Entwickler Belohnungssysteme für Helden implementieren würden, die auf den Servern helfen.
Nicht sicher, wie andere Server laufen, aber auf US2-Servern gibt es immer Helden, die Ältesten helfen, neue Informationen für neue Spieler, Crafting-Partys für Server usw., eine großartige Community.
Ich weiß, dass die Mods für das, was sie tun, großzügig belohnt werden, aber in den letzten Monaten sehe ich nicht, dass sie anderen helfen ... Nicht sicher, wie es auf anderen Servern läuft, genau wie bei US2.

Meine Gedanken sind, wenn Devs monatlich ein Abstimmungssystem für einige Spieler auf jedem Server einrichten können, um Belohnungen wie Manatränke, Heiltränke und Ressourcen zu gewinnen.

Auf US2-Servern sehe ich nur Mods, vielleicht einmal im Monat, dass sie lila wird und einem 12-Jährigen sagen, dass er die aus vier Buchstaben bestehende Sprache sehen soll, und Stella beim Durchsuchen nach Bots sucht, und sie erhalten 500 Kronen pro Monat. Habe ich etwas Wichtiges vermisst?
Wie auch immer, meine Gedanken, dass Belohnungen an Spieler gehen sollten, die sie verdienen und die Community :)verbessern helfen [/ QUOTE]

Ich bin auch ein Mod und bin ungefähr 12 Stunden am Tag online.
Warum sollte ein Mod immer lila schreiben?
Die lila Schrift sollte nur für wichtige Dinge verwendet werden und nicht als Hinweis: hey ich bin ein Mod!
Außerdem ist ein Mod auch ein Spieler wie du und ich, und er wird nur dann aktiv sein, wenn es notwendig ist.
Außerdem wird er oft von Spielern geflüstert und in Quests um Hilfe gebeten, weil er etwas nicht versteht und vieles mehr.
Mods organisieren auch Events und arbeiten Wochen vorher daran.
Denkst du immer noch, dass Mods überbezahlt sind?

Platform
PC
I'm also a mod and am online for about 12 hours a day.
Why do you think a mod should always write purple?
The purple font should only be used for important things and not to suggest: hey I'm a mod!
In addition, a mod is also a player like you and me, and he will only be active if necessary.
Also, he is often whispered by players and asked for help, in quests, because he does not understand something, and much more.
Mods also organize events and work on them weeks in advance.
Do you still think mods are overpaid?
Hello I'm not trying to say mods don't help, what I'm trying to get across is that the whole community helps on US2 with events, elders, quests and helping new players settle in and I would like to see those crowns better shared with the community as a whole not just for the chosen few.
Even better mods could be voted in by the community every 3 months so that those helping most on servers become a mod for 3 months and get reviewed there after by the community again in 3 months time.

Royal Guardian
Characters
Miss Marple, Matricia
Platform
PC
Being a mod requires a lot of experience in the game, it needs to be impartial and should not be chosen by some players who expect to benefit from it, and that is exactly what you are calling for

Platform
PC
What I'm trying to get across is the way the system is going on US2 there needs a better way of rewarding those who help out everyday. At present if there was a voting system in place for this month i would vote Ping, sbose307, kindle, huh and skurge as the top 5 players on the US2 server who are actively helping out the community. Things change and people become busy and are not able to help as much and a voting system to pass the torch on to those who help and make the community stronger.

Platform
PC
I'm thinking that if there's a discussion to be had about a suggestion, it might be better to open up a new thread for that discussion. This thread is for questions that people would like to see answered on the livestreams that are coming up. I'd hate to see it devolve into something different - would make it hard for devs to find the actual questions. Mind you - I'm not saying don't post (ALL posts are welcome!!!), just a suggestion to put it somewhere else :)
This is me asking for a discussion on changing the way mods are rewarded and sharing those crowns with other helpful heroes in our community...

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I think you are misunderstanding both what mods do and how they do it.

Mods essentially have 3 primary roles
1) To help players with issues in the game - quests stuck, unable to log in, zones down or chars stuck, that sort of thing.
2) To act as a liaison between Devs and players.
3) To help maintain a polite respectful and pleasant atmosphere in game.

What is NOT a mod's role is to help players actually play the game (eg kill elders or run players through zones). Of course, many of the mods do that anyway, but that is just them being players themselves.

In terms of how they perform their role, much of it is done in whispers. It is often said of sports matches etc that the best refereed games are the ones where you don't notice the referee. If you only "see" the mods doing something on average once a month, that is probably a very good sign.

Platform
PC
I think you are misunderstanding both what mods do and how they do it.

Mods essentially have 3 primary roles
1) To help players with issues in the game - quests stuck, unable to log in, zones down or chars stuck, that sort of thing.
2) To act as a liaison between Devs and players.
3) To help maintain a polite respectful and pleasant atmosphere in game.

What is NOT a mod's role is to help players actually play the game (eg kill elders or run players through zones). Of course, many of the mods do that anyway, but that is just them being players themselves.

In terms of how they perform their role, much of it is done in whispers. It is often said of sports matches etc that the best refereed games are the ones where you don't notice the referee. If you only "see" the mods doing something on average once a month, that is probably a very good sign.
Not only do players on US2 do those 3 things you mentioned above but hey they also do runs, help with elders as well.
Just want to see a change, as peoples lives change and become busy, you don't see mods on as much. I would like to see a better system to pass the torch along to those who are actively helping and playing the game.
Not sure whats going on with other servers but thats how i feel on US2.
<moderator edit >

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
This is me asking for a discussion on changing the way mods are rewarded and sharing those crowns with other helpful heroes in our community...
Hi, Sparksy,

I think I’ll just jump in and say a few words here. A great deal of the work the mods do is never seen by the community. But I can tell you they spend countless hours a week, not only quietly monitoring chat and the unruly behavior of players via private whispers as has always been our preferred policy versus the use of blaring militant purple text which serves only to humiliate newcomers and robs them of the chance to conduct themselves more appropriately without being labeled a troll, but the mods also perform a huge amount of requests that I personally ask of them daily, none of which is ever seen by the community.

I spend eight hours a day, often longer, with the game moderators on a messaging channel, and whether it’s asking them to contact players with specific messages from me based upon submitted reports, or to ask them to investigate claims about certain bugs, or to track down a player and show them how to do something, or to make a forum post for me, or to quietly look into allegations of harassment, the mods perform all of these tasks for me and so much more every day, none of which is ever seen by the community.

In short, their compensation is more than fair, as I rely on these people a great deal, and they deserve every crown they receive for the countless hours of work they put into this game, and into assisting me. And since I am the one who works closely with the mods, I do feel that Mad Otter has the right to select them, versus a vote among players as to who mods should be.

I do agree with you, though, that perhaps we should additionally come up with a reward type system for players in the game who routinely go above and beyond in their efforts to help others. We will certainly keep that in mind.

Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Just my 2 cents: changing mods every couple months would not help anyone - in fact it would create chaos as to lots of people would ask: hey I need a mod, who is this month? …. Can you imagine the chaos of answers? oh it is aaaa, no that was last month, now it is bbbbb, …

…. I do agree with you, though, that perhaps we should additionally come up with a reward type system for players in the game who routinely go above and beyond in their efforts to help others. We will certainly keep that in mind.
This would be a much better solution and imo, should not be voted by the players but by you the devs.

Platform
PC
Just want to put this out there...

I have been one of those players that helps others ALL the time - elder runs, helping with quests, etc...Spending 8 hours at a time in Ardent/Summers Hollow just trying to help players understand the crafting system and all the layers to the game. Some have said that I helped to mold the community on US2. And I don't say that to toot my horn - there IS a point here...

Coming from that background, I can tell you (as I've told countless others) that the best way to reward those players is to keep it going. BE that player. Help someone who needs it (or who doesn't know they need it). Welcome new players, show them how great we truly are. That will keep players here - even when things get less exciting. And that will pay us ALL back for being great players because it will keep the game alive and thriving.

THAT is the BEST payback that one could have :D

Status
Not open for further replies.