BBlue

Legendary Hero
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta
Platform
PC
I know this may of been suggested before or not but we really need a lock option on items we wish not to sell in our invo bag, the other day due to ez lag I was lagging a bit when trying to sell at a village vendor and the one thing everyone regets is when the game has lost track of what your selling I was selling peppers and the unthinkable happened the game thought I clicked to sell my rare hunter necklace as well and I am still looking for a replacement and a few other players are looking for me as well, but this is a reason we need a lock option on items for times the game lags and ends up selling what u didn't want it to or times u mistaken an item for something else we all been there as players and yes it's funny at times to those who will laugh when it happens to u but it's not funny to the player who lost something they meant to keep, and yeah I could of put in a cs ticket but didn't think I would get that item back so didn't but please think about adding a lock button on items a players wishes to keep.

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Vendor selling is sometimes risky. It seems to bounce up sometimes when I am selling, and I have accidentally selected to wrong thing more than once. I have started waiting a few seconds before selecting something, and before selling something for just that reason.

Reactions: LadyNirvana
  • Likex1

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
I would really like the ability to lock a bag. My method right now consists of inspecting everything in my bags, and then going to my vault before I go sell. Then, I transfer the loot that I want to keep into my vault. Then I go to the vendor and quickly sell everything without the worry of paying attention to the names of the items... Having a locked bag that I just dump all of my keepers in would be great!

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I would prefer to have an option to buy back from the vendor instead of locking items in the bags. (Partly because I'm afraid that if there were a locking option, I would spend way too much time locking and unlocking items!) It's rare that I accidentally sell something I really didn't want to. (I think it happens maybe once a year, if that.) I've learned to be patient and to take my time when I'm selling to the vendor, and I try NOT to sell items when I'm distracted. I would rather have an emergency buy-back, and I suspect that would be an easier option coding-wise, too.

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
For those playing pc/steam, selling to vendor also works by holding down shift and clicking the item you want to sell. Because they are in slots they wont take eachothers place, so unless you click with your eyes closed I really prefer it as a quick way to sell without worrying the vendor list hickups and leaves me with less than intended. Works for chartertokens too

Reactions: Panthera
  • Likex1

Donut

The buyback feature would benefit both mobile players and pc of mistakes. Dragging is impossible on mobile because it is in a form of a list. The selling on mobile will hop one equipment to the next one if they have a similar name FE. Belt of mighty otter and belt of willful brutal. Suggestions are made to help improve all interfaces to the game. It’s a much less of an occurrence on pc, but even I sold my lv 90 legendary sword one time when I was selling unlocked gnogpack equipments for 1 copper on mobile. It was a 5 socket mistake.

KrakatoaEdm

Citizen
Characters
KrakatoaEdm
Platform
iOS, PC
It's funny how the same issues keep popping up again and again. I can't tell you how much it would mean to be able to make up for a very, very, very stupid and fat finger that sold something by mistake and then there went into the ether an item that one might have worked on for days. Oh well, ces't la vie (but it would take care of all the problems because there would be no need to lock since any sales of an item that should have been locked could be easily undone. Same for mistakes like mine.

Anthem

Bog Frog
Platform
PC
I would rather have a lock. Sometimes it takes me a little longer to realize I made a mistake. (I am thinking you would need to buy it back right away) I hope it would also be able to stop salvaging the wrong item.

Hawklin Lane

Warrior
Characters
Also Tolin and Myrleena
Platform
iOS, Android
I remember accidentally selling items I didn’t want to sell. But I agree with Arjuna. I have come to rely on my vault storage. Now, that doesn’t mean I don’t still accidentally sell something I didn’t want. It can be useful to have a limited time where you could buy back your item if you did sell it accidentally and then after that it would be gone. Because the npc vendor is like many other things one of the “permanent make sure you’re sure” implements for the game. But mistakes do happen.

It could also be useful to have a lock option. But that involves lost of clicking.

If it helps, the list jump when there are similar items to sell. I think it’s by class or classless items and such. When you’re blasting through the list it can be easy to get something you didn’t want to sell.

But, this my idea, there is some space where the description is. Yes we can hover or long press for the full description but if we can see the item and the rarity, by color for example, and Mimi icon that represent the runes/feats it could be something to look at while going through the list.

There’s not a lot of space but there is some space. It would keep from lots of clicking in either of the examples presented and still allows a last chance to look at the item before you sell.

I don’t have pc so I not sure how this screen looks but on mobile there is a bit of real estate that could be used for this. At least the color for rarity and if the runes could be made to fit but still be recognizable, it could be a good add.

Another idea, which makes sense based on how many organize their bags is to make one bag the selling bag. But what if we could make the selling screen sort by bag instead of lvl and rarity? Then you could sort to a bag and then when you are ready just select that bag, knowing THATS the stuff you want to sell.

In the meantime, as before, include the vault in your process and simply take out what you know you want to keep so it can’t show up on the sale list in the first place.

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
It can be useful to have a limited time where you could buy back your item if you did sell it accidentally and then after that it would be gone.
This is what would most help me to recover from those "oopsie" moments when I'm selling stuff from my bags. I usually realize pretty quickly when I've accidentally clicked on an item I wasn't intending to sell. (It's become very unusual that I don't realize right away that I've unintentionally sold something!)
It could also be useful to have a lock option. But that involves lost of clicking.
This is exactly why I'm not such a big fan of the lock option. I have all the bags unlocked on all my toons, so I have quite a bit of storage space. Locking stuff simply sounds like too much of a hassle, especially if you're a believer in the "no loot left behind" philosophy.
Another idea, which makes sense based on how many organize their bags is to make one bag the selling bag. But what if we could make the selling screen sort by bag instead of lvl and rarity? Then you could sort to a bag and then when you are ready just select that bag, knowing THATS the stuff you want to sell.
This is basically what I do on pc. One of the advantages of pc is that you can place items in an exact bag and organize your bags to your exact specifications, in such a way that any loot you pick up goes into a specific bag. When you're at the vendors, the contents of each bag appear in a list, with bag 1 at the top and bag 6 at the bottom. (It even shows you which items are in which bag! Yay!) You can shift-click on each line to sell an item, highlight the line item and then click the sell button, OR shift-click on the icons in your bags.
But, this my idea, there is some space where the description is. Yes we can hover or long press for the full description but if we can see the item and the rarity, by color for example, and Mimi icon that represent the runes/feats it could be something to look at while going through the list.
If it's possible to implement this, that might be a way of making selling items on mobile on par with the ease of selling them on pc. Mobile doesn't have as many options because of the differences in the UI and probably because of memory restrictions. (It would use more memory if the vendoring process were more complex on mobile.) Not an expert, but this is what I've been led to understand. :)

Reactions: Hawklin Lane
  • Likex1

Frostalite

Wizard
Characters
Frostalite and Herocrusher
Platform
Android, PC
At one time , when you sold something the next item in line was the next item highlighted not something similar in a different bag. I'm not sure why this changed but it helped me not making selling mistakes.

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Hawklin Lane

Warrior
Characters
Also Tolin and Myrleena
Platform
iOS, Android
This is basically what I do on pc. One of the advantages of pc is that you can place items in an exact bag and organize your bags to your exact specifications, in such a way that any loot you pick up goes into a specific bag. When you're at the vendors, the contents of each bag appear in a list, with bag 1 at the top and bag 6 at the bottom. (It even shows you which items are in which bag! Yay!) You can shift-click on each line to sell an item, highlight the line item and then click the sell button, OR shift-click on the icons in your bags.

If it's possible to implement this, that might be a way of making selling items on mobile on par with the ease of selling them on pc. Mobile doesn't have as many options because of the differences in the UI and probably because of memory restrictions. (It would use more memory if the vendoring process were more complex on mobile.) Not an expert, but this is what I've been led to understand. :)
Aha! I can not wait until I can afford another computer then, lol. And with limitations across many mobile devices memory would likely be an issue. But if it’s good for the goose. As they say lol.

KrakatoaEdm

Citizen
Characters
KrakatoaEdm
Platform
iOS, PC
I would rather have a lock. Sometimes it takes me a little longer to realize I made a mistake. (I am thinking you would need to buy it back right away) I hope it would also be able to stop salvaging the wrong item.
I'm going to be greedy and ask for both :D:D . The developers want us to stay on the game as long as possible and nothing spells frustration and quitting that session than selling something by mistake and losing something forever (never mind the countless hours of work involved sometimes). They also want to ensure that they keep us happy while at the same time making money so why not make the "locks" or lets call them "flags" a paid feature or a monthly calendar feature? That way we have to limit ourselves for items we are not actively working on but have a future interest in (but not intended as a separate inventory management system)

KrakatoaEdm

Citizen
Characters
KrakatoaEdm
Platform
iOS, PC
Exactly! Call it an "Inventory Management System" and add some bells and whistles to it. Make it fun. This is one of the games with the most extensive inventory I've seen and yet it's extremely backwards in its management. For example, I wish it didn't make sort ALL the bags alphabetically or however it sorts them, only the one where I'm asking it to sort LOL or offering the sale of multiple items at once (except for the gems, which I LOVE), etc. People with much better ideas and much more experience playing probably can come up with with amazing suggestions