Platform
Android, PC
first off, i'm not whining. just hit lvl 51 and i love the game. just figured out how to get to the Shadow Fated Traven part. however, i'm dying out there due to a lot of mob BAF and the whole thing/land run feels very, very redundant: as in: i don't like this particular grind in the game. coupled with the fact that if i wanna just go back home to check on my farm, i have to portal back to the depths and do the whole run all over again just to get to the Shadow Fated places

i'm a long-time mmo gamer, and done my fair share of grinding, but this part in this particular game makes me not want to play anymore. so is there another way/place to level up? hoping for different scenery or map

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti
Platform
Android
Not really if you want to do Elders. The level 55 Elders are in Future, which needs meds to unlock. The Pyrron zones start at about level 52-53, which would give you a change of scenery. But the BAF there is even more pronounced, as is the med grind.

Forum Moderator
Characters
IrishElf, Rishi, Irish, Elf
Platform
PC
Not really, that is the path you take to the level 50 and 55 elders.

Maybe enlist a running mate, give a shout out in world chat or the trades chat to ask for someone to run with you. I did that when running the shadow traven zones. Yes, we do have to go through the portal maze to get to the zones, but at least they are all together in that place instead of all over the place. (yeah I like to look for the bright side of things :) ).

Dawnfire

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
Correct me if I'm wrong but are you aware that after using the telepad you can speak to an NPC who can teleport you right before the portal maze (granted you spoke with the npc before the portal maze before)?

Platform
PC
I just finished those zones on my fire wiz today. Don't plan to run them again until I rb. I did not get the elders there and it is unlikely I will, but I did stop in to check for zing in future. I love the scenery but not the map less feature or the lack of telepads.

FaunaG

Priestess
Characters
FaunaG, Fion, FGWar, FaunaG Wi
Platform
PC
first off, i'm not whining. just hit lvl 51 and i love the game. just figured out how to get to the Shadow Fated Traven part. however, i'm dying out there due to a lot of mob BAF and the whole thing/land run feels very, very redundant: as in: i don't like this particular grind in the game. coupled with the fact that if i wanna just go back home to check on my farm, i have to portal back to the depths and do the whole run all over again just to get to the Shadow Fated places

i'm a long-time mmo gamer, and done my fair share of grinding, but this part in this particular game makes me not want to play anymore. so is there another way/place to level up? hoping for different scenery or map
I have been here since beta and I agree with you re: running through depths and those portals just to reach a particular zone. IDKY they can't put portals right in each shadow zone. You still have to find it the first time the long way around so I see no point in making people run the gauntlet to reach those zones, especially since the people who are helping and don't really *need* the zones also have to do that run. It's aggravating and makes me not want to help.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you aware that after using the telepad you can speak to an NPC who can teleport you right before the portal maze (granted you spoke with the npc before the portal maze before)?
Good point. But one still has to run through the portal maze each time. I'd rather, if I need to get to Future, just portal straight there, after I've found it once, that is.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Back before Starfall, when we still had realm transporters (those things in 5 different zones that we used as hot tubs for our "hot tub parties"), I made numerous suggestions over the years to add a realm transporter into the far reaches of The Depths, namely the dungeon area. The Depths connects with TEN other zones: Traven, Shadow Agari, SF Barbing, SF Flowering, SF Reefs, SF Traven, SF Grotto, SF Vega, SF Rega, and SF Future. That's almost twice as many as some of the Pyrron zones! All but one of those zones are off of the portals in the dungeon area. Quite simply, it's poor game design to have that many zones off of an area that requires a long run to access. The long run to get to Future isn't so bad the first time you do it, however, with each additional rebirth, on each additional toon, it becomes increasingly tedious and tiresome.

What would happen if there were an npc teleporter added to the room in the dungeon that connects with SF Traven, and another one right outside the portal to SF Future? (That would at least make things much simpler for players who are assisting with those elder runs. I could also see it helping players who are running SF Grotto, Vega, and Rega….It would allow them to skip over the first 4 rooms of the dungeons & get to the zones faster.)

I'm not sure which makes less sense to me: The fact that we still need Shivergear (even though we no longer need special gear to run either the SF zones or all the Pyrron zones) OR the fact that it's still a bloody nuisance getting to SF Traven and SF Future to help with elder runs. :p

Dawnfire

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
What would happen if there were an npc teleporter added to the room in the dungeon that connects with SF Traven, and another one right outside the portal to SF Future?
I think this would be a fairly convenient solution to the issue :)

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti
Platform
Android
You need to complete the necklace quest to be able to talk with the NPCs there. I cant remember which quest giver that is, but you will need to borrow the Necklace of the Depths from the quest in Terratrias, and get some water from the waterfall in the Depths. Once you finish that quest, the NPCs in the Depths will talk with you. Just checked wiki, the quest giver is Arquin.

Forum Moderator
Characters
IrishElf, Rishi, Irish, Elf
Platform
PC
One of the NPC's in the Depths will transport you to Territrias so you can pick up the quest if I remember correctly.
(I didn't click on Fauna's links and one of them might say just what I did :) )

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
The developers have been making a pass over older content and restructuring it as well as adding in a main quest. I am excited to see what they do with Traven content, as it could use quite a few touch ups.

Personally, I would like to see the entire medallion system removed, as the costs have been reduced to a point where they are irrelevant. The vendors are never pointed out, and the currency itself is not explained either. I would also like all of the invisible bridges in the depths to use the purple smoke (like the bridge by the pad) to indicate their existence.

Additionally, I believe the shadow zones should be converted into a rotating dungeon system. This would mean shadow zones are no longer main story content. It's not the best game design to create purple versions of existing zones and using them as additional main story content in my opinion. Any modified version of an existing zone should be turned into a dungeon type area. Instead, Traven would range from level 45 to 55 with the regular zones and the main quest.

Every week the portals in the Depths Dungeon would 'shift' and the active portal changes. Whichever shadow zone is currently active, has rare loot, bonus experience and plenty of zingara. There wouldn't be as difficult as regular dungeons, likely around 2 - 4 player content.

Platform
Android, PC
i appreciate all the excellent replies. they helped quite a bit. i ended up doing just enough in Shdaow Fated Traven to get me to lvl 52 and then i noped right out of there to Sapphira's Lament and Pyrron Courtyard. signed off at lvl 56, and was actually having fun again. i'll have to go back to the Shadow Fated part in doses, i guess. i'm assuming it'll be easier/faster when i'm a higher level.

Characters
Aernak, Karametra, Yondalla
Platform
iOS
A lot of great ideas in this thread!! :)

They did add leystones recently for the 75 elders. Maybe they will listen to this thread and do something similar for the Shadow Zones. (I'd love them for level 80 elders as well!)

Every time I rebirth a character and re-run the Shadow Zones, I feel terrible asking people to run all the way out there and help me with the elders.