Weilan

Squirrel
Platform
PC
I've known this game since around 2012. I've seen it go through many changes, especially in the world-shaping department and changing of starting location.

But one thing has always left a negative impression on me. Everything feels delayed. From turning the camera with the mouse, to using skills, to pressing WASD, Spacebar to just moving the cursor. Everything feels like there is slight delay and I'm not talking about internet connection. I live in EU and play on the EU server so my ping is good, and for comparison I can boot up a Chinese MMORPG with Chinese-only servers and have 300 ping, but there will be no input delay, because that's how the game was coded.

I feel like in Villagers and Heroes the biggest issue is how combat works. It's a bit like World of Warcraft, but instead of having static skills that you learn, instead you have sort of like talents and you use Gnogmenting to transfer skills from your old weapons to the newer, better weapons. I don't have issue with that, but it's just that the combat itself feels very delayed, clunky, clumsy and awkward. Like there is some interval of time, or a delay between attacks that just doesn't feel natural. I've played WoW since 2007 and I've played many other WoW-clones so I know what to expect, but V&H strikes me as having a very clunky combat, that lacks fuidity and the "flow" gets interrupted on every attack.

The other delays as camera rotation and movements are also pretty annoying on the long run. Even the engaging story and beautifully crafted environments isn't enough to keep me going.

The other thing I want to inquire about is adding new classes to the game. Currently, it feels like there is no Rogue class in the game - close combat fighter who relies on speed, dexterity and evassion, high critical damage and single target DPS, but fragile in regards of survivability. The other classes - Warrior (feels pretty basic - 2H or 1H+Shield), Mage (frost or fire, pretty generic) and Priest (full blown healing or Shadow Priest like in WoW)... So where are the Rogue, Shaman, Druid, Warlock? I'm not saying go and copy WoW's classes even more, but at least add more variety to it.

I really want to enjoy your game and support you, but each time I boot it up, I play for like 2 hours and uninstall it, because it always leaves me asking for more and ever after 12 months break, I come back to find the game in the exact stale spot. If by any chance this game gets PvP, be it World PvP or Battlegrounds/Arenas, the clunky combat will make for one awful experience.

Please reconsider fixing the core aspects of the game before adding more content.

Characters
Jurksch, Murksch, TiffanyWeh,
Platform
Android, PC
I agree in the feeling of delay during combat, and more variety of classes. The game is beautiful, I allways come back, because Ilove it, and the comunity. There is no similar game out there, at least I didnt find any.
More variety of classes would be nice too. To me, since the last changes, every class and battle feels the same. Hunter does dont feel like hunter any more, with all that group bosses and mobs you dont realy have distance fights, it all feels the same. Some buffs and stats are doing the work and you just keep standing between the enemy until its done. Maybe I am doing something wrong or dont understand the new systhem. But I am curious about the future developement, and I hope this game will grow and last for a long long while. :)

Weilan

Squirrel
Platform
PC
But I am curious about the future developement, and I hope this game will grow and last for a long long while. :)
In order for it to grow, it needs a solid base, I think they should invest some time and resources to fix that. Other than that, the world is beautifully crafted and inspiring to just gaze upon. But the issues I described are killing the vibe for me.

It would be cool someone from the development team chimes in and says something as a confirmation/refusal so we can at least know what to expect and what not to expect.

Cheval

Arch Wizard
Characters
Cheval
Platform
Android
Imo the game really doesnt need pvp, in fact it would worse than everything! That could kill the game

Weilan

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Imo the game really doesnt need pvp, in fact it would worse than everything! That could kill the game
I said "IF".

I don't care about PvP either, but the current state of the combat is petty lackluster. I only gave it as an example if it had PvP, the lackluster combat would shine. The fact that it's a PvE, social-oriented game is why many people turn a blind eye on the issues.

If you play on a phone, for a phone game it may be OK since a phone has limited controls anyways, but since the game was originally designed to be on PC before anything else, it should focus on being fluid on PC first and foremost.

Characters
Enz0
Platform
Android, PC
Detalhes. I've been in this game for 7 years and I really dream about new classes. With the same game 90% of my friends nowadays do not play anymore.

Characters
loOvOo
Platform
iOS, PC
What i want may be easier: More skills can be chosen for each subclass, or several unique skills that are different for each origin, etc. The key point is to make ppl build their char more differently even they are same subclass.

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
In the 5+ years I have been playing there has not been a year gone by that did not bring improvements and new content and features. It is an ongoing process, so when you ask if there is "any chance for improvements and new features" I would be inclined to say that is a given.

That said, V&H is an indie game with a small development team, so progress does not always happen at the same pace as a much larger game like WoW. And yet, progress it does. It's not always at the pace I would like and the new content is not always what I most desire, but it always ends each year in a better state than it began. The devs have been super-secretive thus far about what we can expect to see in 2019, but I am confident we will see something come along before the year is out.