Moff

Priest
Platform
Android, PC
Hey guys, so maybe I am just not seeing it but I don't seem to notice a lot of people playing...

I played this game when it came out, and it seemed alright, other than the graphics, but I kind of lost interest over time because of the micro transactions and lack of content/bag space. Are people still playing this game??? I re-downloaded it because I saw it on mobile and thought maybe there would be some drastic changes, but the graphics are still worse than WoW and the combat is kind of a nightmare.
I have run in to a couple people but other than that all I see usually is random conversations that pop-up once in a while.
I was curious too, to see if people were playing; at least on steam. 74 people total were playing an hour before I checked...that's not exactly a lot of people. Though I see as well that that is only a marker for people playing it on steam, and not total for mobile, and client side community.
What's going on with this game? Is it dead now? Is it dying?

Royal Guardian
Characters
William Hououin
Platform
iOS, PC
Hi!

The game is definitely not dying, there’s an expansion coming in a couple of months

Steam is not a good indicator because most people play on the SAC version (PC download from the official web site) or on mobile ...

Which server are you on ?

Moff

Priest
Platform
Android, PC
I am on US3. This is good to hear, do you know by chance how many are playing?

Imp

Reader
Characters
Impresario
Platform
iOS, PC
US3 you say?

Well there's William
And Deri
And DQ
And Katniss
And Loxana
And SixOfNine
And Lizardman
And Tweetybird
And Fruit Loops
And JennyPurr
And Moe
And Aurius
And Deadly Red
And Iseabail
And Trillium
And Synsamia
And Aernak
And Maygold
And Pokemahowin
And Aliya
And Joan
And Droc
And Willow
And Tiffa
And SirSpeedy
And Apocolypzo

At least, those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. There's lots I don't remember. And lot's that will be upset that I forgot. Take a look at the list of private villages and the number of people in each village. There's a few. :)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Hey guys, so maybe I am just not seeing it but I don't seem to notice a lot of people playing...

I played this game when it came out, and it seemed alright, other than the graphics, but I kind of lost interest over time because of the micro transactions and lack of content/bag space. Are people still playing this game??? I re-downloaded it because I saw it on mobile and thought maybe there would be some drastic changes, but the graphics are still worse than WoW and the combat is kind of a nightmare.
I have run in to a couple people but other than that all I see usually is random conversations that pop-up once in a while.
I was curious too, to see if people were playing; at least on steam. 74 people total were playing an hour before I checked...that's not exactly a lot of people. Though I see as well that that is only a marker for people playing it on steam, and not total for mobile, and client side community.
What's going on with this game? Is it dead now? Is it dying?
You're playing on the most populated server and you're seriously asking these questions??? :LOL: Where's an eye-rolling emoticon when I need to use one? :p US3 isn't the server I regularly play on, however, I logged in there just a few weeks ago. Ardent City had plenty of people in it, world chat was active pretty much non-stop....US3 has all kinds of weekly player-run events going on, from dungeon runs, to elder runs, to crafting events, to social events. SERIOUSLY?!??? I mean, really!

There are also many players from all of the different servers congregating twice a week with the devs on the official Twitch livestreams. I don't think that's a sign of a dead (or dying) game either! (Nor is the upcoming expansion, due to hit in a month or two.)

It's one thing if the game isn't your cup of tea. That's OK, and is your prerogative. However, asking if any game is dead or dying on its official forums could be considered a form of trolling. (At the very least, you're going to get a reaction from the loyal fans, if that's what you're after!)

Reactions: Ceri
  • Likex1

Imp

Reader
Characters
Impresario
Platform
iOS, PC
Eh, I don't feel trolled. Seriously, every week someone makes a new toon, logs into the game, and this is the first question they ask in world chat when they log in. With as many dead games that are out there, I'm sure some people just want to know that they've found the right one.

The answer to that question is yes, you've found the right one. Is it everything you think its going to be? No. But what you want is probably terrible. This is better. Stay through the tutorial. Plant some sheep. Go to a party. Craft something. Ask for help with Wrinkles. And stay a while.

Moff

Priest
Platform
Android, PC
Eh, I don't feel trolled. Seriously, every week someone makes a new toon, logs into the game, and this is the first question they ask in world chat when they log in. With as many dead games that are out there, I'm sure some people just want to know that they've found the right one.

The answer to that question is yes, you've found the right one. Is it everything you think its going to be? No. But what you want is probably terrible. This is better. Stay through the tutorial. Plant some sheep. Go to a party. Craft something. Ask for help with Wrinkles. And stay a while.
Thanks, and no, I wasn't here to troll, just looking for a different game that maybe the GF and I can play while playing on our phones, and me on my PC once in a while. Good to know that people do really play this though. Makes me happy that it lasted this long, and has expanded into mobile. Ty for the answers guys. Maybe I'llsee you on. : )

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
Thanks, and no, I wasn't here to troll, just looking for a different game that maybe the GF and I can play while playing on our phones, and me on my PC once in a while. Good to know that people do really play this though. Makes me happy that it lasted this long, and has expanded into mobile. Ty for the answers guys. Maybe I'llsee you on. : )
Welcome back to the game :)

Imp

Reader
Characters
Impresario
Platform
iOS, PC
that maybe the GF and I can play while playing on our phones, and me on my PC once in a while.
Both my wife and my brother play. In the last week another husband/wife team joined our guild. There’s different things we all like about the game.

I like crafting things for new players. And talking. I do a bit of talking.

She likes obsessively feeding her sheep (there’s a poem about this somewhere). I think the blueberries I planted two weeks ago might be ready to harvest, but I haven’t checked to be sure.

He likes swooping into a zone and crushing every bounty into dust and then leaving. Sometimes they crush him into dust or he runs out of potions or needs a new helmet - then he calls me for help.

The new players that joined our guild discovered that they like to gather - like a lot. There’s quite a few in our guild that tremendously enjoy the ability to upgrade things in the village.

Point is - there’s lots for both of you to do. I’m glad you’re here!

Imp

Reader
Characters
Impresario
Platform
iOS, PC
Plant sheep? : o sounds like fun lol, what level is that?
Oh where are potatoes? A common refrain,
From those who are new and joining our game,
For they’ve suddenly discovered something quite new,
A quest that will take them on a new journey to do,
Many things in a village where they choose their lot,
To set up their house, to make it their spot,
But to the rear of the house are spaces quite lonely,
That need love and attention before they are homely,
To which we receive another lively shout,
“Oh where are the seeds at, are they lying about?”
And soon you will see attached to the fence posts with care,
Two little signs that always were there,
One is for seeds that you plant right about here,
And the other is for sheep that magically appear.

Characters
Caraldor / Loxana
Platform
iOS, PC
Oh where are potatoes? A common refrain,
From those who are new and joining our game,
For they’ve suddenly discovered something quite new,
A quest that will take them on a new journey to do,
Many things in a village where they choose their lot,
To set up their house, to make it their spot,
But to the rear of the house are spaces quite lonely,
That need love and attention before they are homely,
To which we receive another lively shout,
“Oh where are the seeds at, are they lying about?”
And soon you will see attached to the fence posts with care,
Two little signs that always were there,
One is for seeds that you plant right about here,
And the other is for sheep that magically appear.
Meet our resident poet :D

This game is so far from dead, I have a hard time finding a nice quiet corner to hide in.... or a rock to hide under.

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC

The best response when someone new logs in and asks if the game is dead while world chat is going non-stop is to say "yes this game is dead, all the chat you see is sophisticated AI bots having conversations with each other" lol

Reactions: Panthera and Zazie
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Also because of limitations you cannot always see players unless they are in the same vicinity as you. And not everyone likes to talk on world chat. If you say HI or start talking, you'll probably get many answers. It's like that on all servers really.
We are definitely here and the game isn't dying by any means.... Welcome to the game and happy gaming :)