SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
Well, it took a LOT of effort. But, I finally achieved it! I have solo-ed the dungeon using no Zingara: (click over to twitch for a bigger screen)

It took a lot of tweaking of my build and gear/spells.
Here's my build:
www.villagers-and-heroes.com/talentbuilder/#?v=3,5,0,0,35,20,20,0,0,5,0,0,35
A fully hybrid, 40/40/40 priest. First and last maxed for holy and shadow and the first two for balance. (4 rebirths)

Using holy bolt, smite, shadow bolt, heal, cure, divine hammer, shadow orbs, gloom, and condemn. Ran mastery dram for most of the way, but switched to liberty for Meghrin. For trinkets, I've been using Brutal Force and Zephyr's Enclave. To stay in combat almost constantly, I am drinking a mana pot all the time (except when I forget, which is unfortunately often). I did have to pop one scornyx (at Corpus) and one full mana (at Meghrin). With the lvl 85 scornyx, I think my mana is pretty close to stable (while running a pot of course). I also ran a health potion a lot.

Watching, I see plenty of mistakes, so I bet I could avoid popping that full mana towards the end and might have been able to cut a few seconds off the clock time. But, this is good enough for me.

I dunno if anyone has done this before.

Aernak

Lumineer
Characters
Aernak, Karametra, Yondalla
Platform
iOS
Nice job, Sprig!! :) Woo hoo!

Major Arcana

Adventurer
Characters
Har Megiddo, Major Arcana
Platform
Android
Nice... I can't help but wonder, though, if their'd be any way to max out "Well Read", with your build...? On my first rebirth, so, guess I'll have to get, a bit, more experience, and, also, wait to see what the new priest talents bring to the table...

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Congratulations! This is definitely an impressive feat, but it also brings to light how unbalanced combat is in terms of maximum skill-cap. Dungeons were designed to be impossible to solo..

Reactions: XMerlindaX and Panthera
  • Likex2
Platform
PC
Congratulations! This is definitely an impressive feat, but it also brings to light how unbalanced combat is in terms of maximum skill-cap. Dungeons were designed to be impossible to solo..
I think 'impossible to solo' will become impossible to achieve - especially as time goes on. Every elder lvl makes a character permanently stronger than it would 'normally' be. I know some on US2 that were over lvl 50 elder BEFORE the cap was raised to 90. I'm sure the same goes for US1, EU, DE... Making anything impossible to solo would have to mean that those elder rewards would somehow be eliminated...which would defeat the purpose of the elder rewards.

Trinity

Warrior
Platform
PC
Grats that is quite the solo job! Wonder how my Fury warrior would do? Or maybe my Light? Any other classes try this? We are balanced after all right? (sarcasm) ;p

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Grats that is quite the solo job! Wonder how my Fury warrior would do? Or maybe my Light? Any other classes try this? We are balanced after all right? (sarcasm) ;p
so far warrior and wizard also able to do this and faster, haven't tried with hunter yet

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
Nice... I can't help but wonder, though, if their'd be any way to max out "Well Read", with your build...? On my first rebirth, so, guess I'll have to get, a bit, more experience, and, also, wait to see what the new priest talents bring to the table...
I used to have well read, and it is great. Having a bigger tank of mana really stretches how long you can last. Unfortunately, the amount of the mana regen just isn't very much when I looked into it. So, I could sacrifice 15% shadow power (the ultimate ability for the 35 point shadow is kind of weak) and take well-read instead. But, that 15% is adding to the chance that the shadow orbs explodes the dots. I guess you could sacrifice 15% holy instead, but then you don't have AOE cure (which is awesome for parties). I beat the time by enough that I bet you could make one of those sacrifices and still make it with well read.

The only parts of the build I feel is non-negotiable to make this work are:
-The first 5 points in shadow which allow you to "explode" shadow blast's (and other) dot instantly. That was the major breakthrough. Without that, I wasn't even close to fast enough to make it by the 40 minute limit.
-The first 5 points in holy that allow heals to crit. In Josefine and Meghrin fights, I think the crit heals keep me alive. Without it, I think I'm slowly going down.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
I think 'impossible to solo' will become impossible to achieve - especially as time goes on. Every elder lvl makes a character permanently stronger than it would 'normally' be. I know some on US2 that were over lvl 50 elder BEFORE the cap was raised to 90. I'm sure the same goes for US1, EU, DE... Making anything impossible to solo would have to mean that those elder rewards would somehow be eliminated...which would defeat the purpose of the elder rewards.
I don't think Elder bonuses factor into it in the end. At level 16 elder here and it's +174 armor/magic resist, +628 mastery, which at level 90 is far less than a single reinforcement rune gives (5-star crafted lvl 90 reinforcement runes seem to most be around 2200-2300). Dunno how much it gets up to by lvl 50 elder, of course, but with the diminishing returns on stats, even a larger bonus might not matter. For instance, going from 17600 mastery to 21800 mastery at level 90 gets you from 25.1 to 26.8 bonus. Given you probably have the 35% bonus from your talent tree, that's going from 1.501 to 1.519. So, it's "nice", but not very big. And that's many times the bonus that elder soul is giving.

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Major Arcana

Adventurer
Characters
Har Megiddo, Major Arcana
Platform
Android
Last edited
I used to have well read, and it is great. Having a bigger tank of mana really stretches how long you can last. Unfortunately, the amount of the mana regen just isn't very much when I looked into it. So, I could sacrifice 15% shadow power (the ultimate ability for the 35 point shadow is kind of weak) and take well-read instead. But, that 15% is adding to the chance that the shadow orbs explodes the dots. I guess you could sacrifice 15% holy instead, but then you don't have AOE cure (which is awesome for parties). I beat the time by enough that I bet you could make one of those sacrifices and still make it with well read.

The only parts of the build I feel is non-negotiable to make this work are:
-The first 5 points in shadow which allow you to "explode" shadow blast's (and other) dot instantly. That was the major breakthrough. Without that, I wasn't even close to fast enough to make it by the 40 minute limit.
-The first 5 points in holy that allow heals to crit. In Josefine and Meghrin fights, I think the crit heals keep me alive. Without it, I think I'm slowly going down.
Interesting... I was wondering if the extra 1000 mana would mean much at higjer levels. Judging by your response, I assume not. As for mana regen, I noticed the boost given to Will, by Vampiric Pact, is also negligible (+300 Will = +2 combat regen, huh?). Anyway, perhaps this is why they're reworking the classes. Either way, I suppose I'll just have to play my build through, and see how the mechanics are, at higher levels.

** EDIT - 03/28/2019 **
I noticed the character page, sometimes, doesn't update, until changing zones, or logging in again. I'll have to test Vampiric Pact again, to see if, maybe, I was seeing incorrect numbers.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
Interesting... I was wondering if the extra 1000 mana would mean much at higjer levels. Judging by your response, I assume not. As for mana regen, I noticed the boost given to Will, by Vampiric Pact, is also negligible (+300 Will = +2 combat regen, huh?). Anyway, perhaps this is why they're reworking the classes. Either way, I suppose I'll just have to play my build through, and see how the mechanics are, at higher levels.
Luckily, respec is not super expensive, so build what is useful for you now, and respec later if you want to try something else out.

Reactions: Major Arcana
  • Likex1

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
Nice combination of talents! What sort of gear are you wearing and what runes?
Oh my, I could bore a thousand very patient people to tears with all the details about my gear! :D

Everything is orange except my scepter and robes (both purple). I focused the most on savagery and brutality. But, I put a lot of effort into getting my magic resist up as well. Armor just ended up very high without trying.

Expertise, Haste, and Clarity, I made sure had some good investment.

I chose to "dump stat" intellect and will. (ended up with a tiny bit of each). There are a few reasons I went this one. First is that will's bonus is really small and intellect doesn't help your "mana tank" when constantly in combat. Also, you can get up the beginning of the "benefit curve" just with eating a mana roll and a brunch. And you get waaay up it if you eat a scornyx (rendering any you had essentially useless).

I also dumped vigor.

For the Robes, I could make purple ones, but I wanted the brutality, which only comes wild-caught.

For the scepter, I have savagery and Brutality on it as well and haven't found the perfect one that is purple and has those.

I took elder garde and elder bane.

For epic stats, Glory seems to be really amazing in the dungeon. I have a splash in all of the others, too . Glory first, then magic find, then poise (although MF and Poise don't seem that useful for soloing the dungeon), then blasting, then juggernaut, then others.

The biggest thing that could probably be improved is that I don't have a ton of shadow mastery. I am pretty far up the scale on holy mastery, and definitely in the diminishing returns area (25k holy, 10k shadow with gralla seeds and mastery dram), so I could probably swap some Holy mastery for some shadow mastery and get a bit more damage. I used to use malice drams, but my savagery is so high, it doesn't help there, so it only helps the brutality. Since I need both masteries, the mastery dram seems to be the best choice.