High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Joyous madness

Maybe I seem too gloomy, but ...
When will the bugs be fixed after the hacker's attack-term?
When will the payment be due?
When will the Sweet Event be?
When will update about which you spoke on the stream?
But no.we will be happy because the game developer will play his game once a week, one hour? I understand that he is doing a heroic act, playing his own created game?
Sorry, but I'm not having fun like everyone else .

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Bugs will be repaired in their own good time. When they are reported by us, after thwy have been reproduced by the devs, which is sometimes hard, when they found a moment to fix them. Which is AFTER they found out how to do that.
If by 'payment' you mean the compensation, it will be 'due' later in march. Didnt note the date in my agenda but it should be somewhere on the forums, quite clearly.
Sugarsweet is again postponed due to the unforeseen circumstances and will probably not be here before end of march.
The expansion? Before summer
The livestreams is something they suggested and we happily accepted. It is not in stead of fixing bugs but because we wanted them. If you dont, well, too bad for you, I guess? You dpnt HAVE to watch them.
Devs have a lot on their fork currently, all will be well in their own good time. Asking frequently the same questions is not gonna solve it sooner.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
"As soon as possible" to all of the above.

Devs are TRYING to solve all the issues listed, but it takes time.

Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Remember Mad Otter is a small company. They all worked very long hours during the shutdown. I imagine they are now reduced to simply long hours trying to get everything up and running properly - maybe even getting a few hours of sleep here and there, for a change. There are threads in the forums, usually started by the Otters themselves, addressing each of the questions you asked. Browse through the recent posts and you will learn a lot. And currently compensation is scheduled for March 15 - just over a week out.

Diet

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Maybe I seem too gloomy...
Quite frankly, yes. You are too gloomy.

Pretty much all of the questions you have asked (as pointed out by others) have already been asked and answered, some several times over (through livestreams, livestream recaps, forum posts, discord chats, in game messages, facebook posts... the works). Not sure what else we can do to inform those that choose not to look for the answers.

The weekly livestream was something we asked players if they wanted. They said yes, so we said okay. If you are not happy about it, that's too bad. The rest of us will have fun on Friday without you.

FaunaG

Priestess
Characters
FaunaG, Fion, FGWar, FaunaG Wi
Platform
PC

Pretty much all of the questions you have asked (as pointed out by others) have already been asked and answered, some several times over (through livestreams, livestream recaps, forum posts, discord chats, in game messages, facebook posts... the works). Not sure what else we can do to inform those that choose not to look for the answers.

The weekly livestream was something we asked players if they wanted. They said yes, so we said okay. If you are not happy about it, that's too bad. The rest of us will have fun on Friday without you.
Could you run for US President please?
giggles

Nadiria

Adventurer
Platform
iOS
In this case, our friend (the OP) uses English as a second language, and so may not have phrased their original post as eloquently as they might have wished - or intended. Often, when using translators to post (like translate.google.com) the more nuanced meaning of words and phrases may literally get "lost" in translation.

Much of what has been discussed since the data center issue has required translation for our friends who play from other countries, using other languages. Imagine trying to come here and translate (minimally) the title of every post on this forum to try and find the information you seek. It would be exhausting.

I don't know what the perfect solution would look like for our world-wide family members, but until we can figure that out... let's please try to use the Golden Rule, and try to treat one another with as much kindness as possible. :)

Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Op has already made quite a few posts over the last couple weeks. So I think he/she can express him/herself quite well in English.

Questions that op asks now are answered in several livestreams, forum posts, discord, fb, ….
You Nadira did an excellent job in transcribing all that was said in the livestreams - so op can easily read/translate all, thus get his/her questions answered.

Diet has written imo an excellent answer.

As for the last 3 sentences that op wrote :
But no.we will be happy because the game developer will play his game once a week, one hour? I understand that he is doing a heroic act, playing his own created game?
Sorry, but I'm not having fun like everyone else .
Op is of course entitled to his/her opinion about this.

Nadiria

Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Op has already made quite a few posts over the last couple weeks. So I think he/she can express him/herself quite well in English.

Questions that op asks now are answered in several livestreams, forum posts, discord, fb, ….
You Nadira did an excellent job in transcribing all that was said in the livestreams - so op can easily read/translate all, thus get his/her questions answered.

Diet has written imo an excellent answer.

As for the last 3 sentences that op wrote :

Op is of course entitled to his/her opinion about this.
I agree with you that the OP is entitled their opinion - 100%.

But as to those last 3 sentences, my (overall) point remains the same: Often, when using translators to post (like translate.google.com) the more nuanced meaning of words and phrases may literally get "lost" in translation. Had that been phrased "correctly", it might well have been perceived as a humorous commentary, however in translation the irony, and/or sarcasm - those little signals that tell us "Oh they are joking here" - get stripped out. The OP has no way of knowing this. And neither do we.

Overall, our non-English/ESL community has, on their own, found their way to all of the information, and have translated it on their own. The fact that the OP is struggling to feel informed and connected should not be considered as anything other than frustration on their part. And the fact that they have felt the need to post so many times means that somewhere along the way we have *all* failed this person.

The OP has reached out to me via a private conversation, and I have answered their questions. Hopefully, you won't be bothered any further.

Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
English isn't my 1st, nor 2nd but 3rd language :) but that aside.

The OP has reached out to me via a private conversation, and I have answered their questions. Hopefully, you won't be bothered any further.
But what you write here is really something IMPORTANT! Because things are always so much clearer when explained in one's native language.
To be honest it hasn't even occurred to me, and I think a lot of other people too, to ask what language this op or any other op speaks.

Maybe we should be able to put in our avatar what language we are 'fluent' in or what our native language is. Because now the game is so global, I wonder from how many countries people are playing. It must be a lot - and forum only being in English and German isn't always easy for them, as you wrote too.

People might go to private conversation with someone faster in their own language if they see someone with same native language.

Anyway I'm glad that he/she is fully up to date, as to speak :)

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
I saw "Joyous Madness" and I though the conversation was about me. But it isn't! That's really too bad. Anyway, I'm coming back soon, beware!

Nadiria

Adventurer
Platform
iOS
English isn't my 1st, nor 2nd but 3rd language :) but that aside.

But what you write here is really something IMPORTANT! Because things are always so much clearer when explained in one's native language.
To be honest it hasn't even occurred to me, and I think a lot of other people too, to ask what language this op or any other op speaks.

Maybe we should be able to put in our avatar what language we are 'fluent' in or what our native language is. Because now the game is so global, I wonder from how many countries people are playing. It must be a lot - and forum only being in English and German isn't always easy for them, as you wrote too.

People might go to private conversation with someone faster in their own language if they see someone with same native language.

Anyway I'm glad that he/she is fully up to date, as to speak :)
That is an *excellent* suggestion - I don't know if @Ivar Hill could implement that or not - but it's certainly a great idea! By showing that, it would help us all see not only that the person's first (or second, or third! My goodness!) language is not English, but also help raise awareness that we truly are a global community. The more I think about it, the more I like it! :)

I have so enjoyed "talking" with people from all over during the past three weeks or so here; I have "met" people who I would otherwise have never known, and it's been so wonderful! I have not been blessed with the gift of a second language (unless you count Geek, Nerd, Redneck, Okie, and cat) but I can use that Google translate service with the best of them :)

Maybe once "Triage week" is over, and we are closer to "normal" (does anyone remember what that looked like? LOL) @Ivar Hill could take a peek at adding "language" as an option to our Forum avatars?

Sampai

Arch Wizard
Platform
iOS, PC

Very well said. It always seems to be the entitled ones who don't listen, and i see no exception here. At the end of the day, If somebody isn't happy with the actually impressive speed a small group of developers are fixing a gigantic mess of a situation, they can make their own beloved, community rich game. Good luck to them.
Thank you, to all of the otters, for trying to hard in fixing the game. Those of us who understand what we're a part of are waiting, quite contently, in a mystical land :p

Sampai

Arch Wizard
Platform
iOS, PC
I agree with you that the OP is entitled their opinion - 100%.

But as to those last 3 sentences, my (overall) point remains the same: Often, when using translators to post (like translate.google.com) the more nuanced meaning of words and phrases may literally get "lost" in translation. Had that been phrased "correctly", it might well have been perceived as a humorous commentary, however in translation the irony, and/or sarcasm - those little signals that tell us "Oh they are joking here" - get stripped out. The OP has no way of knowing this. And neither do we.

Overall, our non-English/ESL community has, on their own, found their way to all of the information, and have translated it on their own. The fact that the OP is struggling to feel informed and connected should not be considered as anything other than frustration on their part. And the fact that they have felt the need to post so many times means that somewhere along the way we have *all* failed this person.

In all fairness, Nadiria, if there was a misunderstanding, then we would most likely have had a clarification by now. It seems that the expectation of agreement was not met, and there has been a backlash with good reason. Of course, as with any situation, I/We could have misunderstood and in which case i apologise. Until then, i feel that personal opinion should be met with personal opinion, especially when one is so entitled. Without the final section of OP, I would agree with you, although that is sadly not the case. Regardless, I'm glad everything has been cleared up, and I
do hope that this has been a translation error despite my doubts.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Perhaps it is time to simply draw a line under this and move on.

People are entitled to express their opinions, but by the same token, others are free to say when they disagree with that opinion, or the manner in which it is or was expressed. Of course, writing in a foreign language may cause unintentionally abrupt or even harsh criticism, so let's all try to continue the support for each other we showed during the downtime, and just concentrate on game issues.

Sampai

Arch Wizard
Platform
iOS, PC
Perhaps it is time to simply draw a line under this and move on.

People are entitled to express their opinions, but by the same token, others are free to say when they disagree with that opinion, or the manner in which it is or was expressed. Of course, writing in a foreign language may cause unintentionally abrupt or even harsh criticism, so let's all try to continue the support for each other we showed during the downtime, and just concentrate on game issues.
I can respect that. I just like to give my 2 cents in this kind of scene, it keeps me sane lol. First time i've seen this post :)