Alethorne

Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
Hello all! I just found this game a few days ago and am very happy so far. I am new to here but not to MMORPGs, but I haven't found a game I enjoy this much out of the gate in awhile.

Ok so on to the questions. If I wanted to spend a few bucks is the monthly subscription the way to go? On the surface it seems to be, I just wished it came with a few crowns a month so you could save up for storage upgrades and such, but still it seems to be cheap enough even without any crowns.

I went ahead and bought the starter packs...or upgrades I think they are called for 2 characters. Does the XP boost from these stack with the monthly, and does the XP boost from pies stack with these too?

Thanks in advance! Now I just gotta figure out if I like my Hunter or warrior more! Of course that's a question I have to figure out for myself :)
Thanks for reading.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I have had AS membership since it was first introduced, so yes I would say it is certainly worthwhile, though as you say, storage is probably the main thing you are likely to want, and you will probably find yourself choosing to buy storage as well. Note that the new player calendar gives you a bag (on day 13) and a vault (on day 20, or maybe 27). The gathering tools starter pack (The Reaper's pack) also includes an extra bag. This is the best item in the shop in my view (besides storage). The Hero starter pack also includes a bag, and the homeowner's pack a vault.

xp boosts stack so long as they are different, so yes a pie will stack with the boost from the deluxe upgrade (which I think is what you mean by the starter pack). I am not sure exactly what you mean by the monthly boost, but if you mean a potion from the calendar I think that would not stack (since it is in fact a shorter version of the boost from the deluxe upgrade) but you would be able to activate it after the deluxe one runs out.

Reactions: grasshopper and Dawnfire
  • Likex2

Alethorne

Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
I have had AS membership since it was first introduced, so yes I would say it is certainly worthwhile, though as you say, storage is probably the main thing you are likely to want, and you will probably find yourself choosing to buy storage as well. Note that the new player calendar gives you a bag (on day 13) and a vault (on day 20, or maybe 27). The gathering tools starter pack (The Reaper's pack) also includes an extra bag. This is the best item in the shop in my view (besides storage). The Hero starter pack also includes a bag, and the homeowner's pack a vault.

xp boosts stack so long as they are different, so yes a pie will stack with the boost from the deluxe upgrade (which I think is what you mean by the starter pack). I am not sure exactly what you mean by the monthly boost, but if you mean a potion from the calendar I think that would not stack (since it is in fact a shorter version of the boost from the deluxe upgrade) but you would be able to activate it after the deluxe one runs out.
Thanks. Yes the deluxe upgrade was what I was referring to. The monthly XP boost I was referring to is the one that come with the AS subscription. Err at least I think it comes with an XP boost. I am not in game ATM so may be remembering incorrectly.

Thanks a ton for the advice though. I will definitely be looking into the reaper pack!

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
In that case, yes, the AS xp boost does stack with the deluxe upgrade one (which is in fact a potion).

ChangingSpots

Adventurer
Characters
Gentrice, Blue Mouse & 3 more
Platform
PC
I am a fairly new player also as I started about 3 months ago. I subscribed to Ardent Society and LOVE it! The free teleports, the extra shared vault, and the XP boost are some of my most favorite benefits. At less than $10 US per month, extremely cheap and adds to my enjoyment greatly. I do recommend Ardent Society!

Alethorne

Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
Thanks for the advice guys! I have decided to go for the AS.
Now to decide on warrior or Hunter! Lol I am always torn between 2 classes it seems :) Is it hard to find dungeons and groups as a Hunter later on? Some games are hard to find groups as anything but healer or tank.

Chiarale

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Characters
Chiarale
Platform
iOS, PC
Glad you are getting Ardent Society! I’ve happily had it for about two years.

There isn’t really a limit to the size of an overall group (though it might need to be split into multiple parties), so I can’t imagine you would ever be turned away from a run. And it is possible for hunters to tank.

Alethorne

Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
Ok cool, thanks. I have now got my Hunter and warrior through all of the quests in Summer's Hollow and onto the castle. I'll choose one soon enough I guess lol.

Working on trying to recruit a few people I used to play EQ and LOTRO with now. :)

Chiarale

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Characters
Chiarale
Platform
iOS, PC
Perhaps you could keep both? :) I think playing multiple characters helps to keep things fresh and reduces chance of burnout.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Oh I will definitely play both...and probably a mage and priest eventually lol. I am an alcoholic!
I am not sure what being an alcoholic has to do with playing multiple chars, maybe because you see double anyway? :p
Do you mean Gameholic?

Reactions: CalmWind
  • Likex1

Alethorne

Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
I am not sure what being an alcoholic has to do with playing multiple chars, maybe because you see double anyway? :p
Do you mean Gameholic?
Hah! I posted that from my phone last night.....I meant altaholic :) gotta love auto correct.

I mean I do have a few beers every now and then....but I can quit anytime i want....really. :)

Reactions: ChangingSpots
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
"My name is Majenta ...and Arcola ...and Jena A ...and Tindal...and Friuli ...and ... and I'm an altaholic"
*deep breath* HIII majentaandarcolaandjenaAandtindalandfriuli!! Welcome at the A.A., the Anonymous Altaholics!

Chiarale

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Characters
Chiarale
Platform
iOS, PC
You’re not an altaholic if all your characters are main characters (you love them equally).

Reactions: Regecide and Zazie
  • Likex2

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
Ok cool, thanks. I have now got my Hunter and warrior through all of the quests in Summer's Hollow and onto the castle. I'll choose one soon enough I guess lol.

Working on trying to recruit a few people I used to play EQ and LOTRO with now. :)
I went with my Fury Warrior as my main from my hunter is second, just unfortunately right now it's Marksman at level 70 that can barely take on mobs in the 66-67 pyrron range....buuuttt....my Warrior is doing great.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I play a marksman hunter as my main and she can take on pretty much everything of her level and a bit above. Are you sure your build is allright?

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
I have no idea. Fury Warrior is my baby, Marksman is my evil stepchild. I dont let it out of the dark very often.

Skurge

Warrior
Characters
Skurge, Ωmega, Stray
Platform
Android
It's getting mobbed by a group in pyrron that gets me. Defense can't handle it.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
It's getting mobbed by a group in pyrron that gets me. Defense can't handle it.
I built up my blasting, when the group gets around you they will lose hp when they trigger it. Them throw concussion amd splinter over them and either they are dead or far enough down to be quickly picked out with single shots one by one