Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
Last edited
Hi, a few of us in world chat were discussing the legend items we will be recieving from the compensation and it seems a few are confused about them. I told them that we will be recieving 24hr timed chests directly into our bag and that we will not be able to save them. I said that we must open them within 24 hrs of recieving. Some others believe that the timer will not start until we open the gift/chest. Can someone clear this up because now I am confused as well. o_OThank you!

Kaydee

Squirrel
Platform
PC
If memory serves me right, we received a chest containing a legendary
weapon not all that long ago (one for each server we played on);
this chest had a 7 day timer on it, and it was account bound,
so you could decide which of your (up to 5) toons would use it;
when that toon then opened the chest, there was another chest inside
of it, and this chest was now soul bound, and *it had a 24 hr timer on it;
to sum up:
you had up 7 days to help cover rl caused absences, and/or to make
up your mind, which toon you wanted to use it on; once that toon
used/opened the box, the chest inside was soul bound, and it
triggered the 24 hr timer.
I remember this, cos I managed to "screw it up", so I then sent an
FYi to my fellow villagers/guild mates, and told them about it.

(on PC)

Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
If memory serves me right, we received a chest containing a legendary
weapon not all that long ago (one for each server we played on);
this chest had a 7 day timer on it, and it was account bound,
so you could decide which of your (up to 5) toons would use it;
when that toon then opened the chest, there was another chest inside
of it, and this chest was now soul bound, and *it had a 24 hr timer on it;
to sum up:
you had up 7 days to help cover rl caused absences, and/or to make
up your mind, which toon you wanted to use it on; once that toon
used/opened the box, the chest inside was soul bound, and it
triggered the 24 hr timer.
I remember this, cos I managed to "screw it up", so I then sent an
FYi to my fellow villagers/guild mates, and told them about it.

(on PC)
Yes, I remember the legendary weapon chest we recieved during the Halloween event. I was going off what Cameron and Sarah were discussing at 26:00 on the February 28th Twitch livestream. Cameron said that the chests will have 24hr timers and will go directly into our bag and then he corrected Sarah when she said to not open them till we are ready. It seems some other players who watched the stream interpreted it as the timer starts once we open the chests. I just want to be 100% sure how it works.

Kaydee

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Would be good to hear from the boss, one way, or the other, but I am really, really, rEally, hoping it's not 24 hrs,
the minute they plop into our bags... :eek:

Reactions: Aurius
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The previous occasion which people are remembering as 7 days then 24 hours was NOT a chest inside a chest. It was a redeem code (which could be redeemed within seven days) which gave a chest, which had to be opened within 24 hours.

Diet stated clearly that the 24 hours is because of the way the chests are set up to work. The chest must be opened in 24 hours after it arrives in your inventory.

The only question, in my opinion is WHEN the chest containing those legendary items will "arrive" in inventory. My own feeling is that most likely, the compensation items will be sent to the OVERFLOW bag, and will only then be transferred into inventory when you log in. Hence the 24 hours will start counting down from the first time you log in after the compensation items are sent out.

I must emphasise however that this is only what I THINK will happen. I am not a Dev, so I have no more concrete information than anyone else. I am confident the Devs will clarify exactly how the system will work before the time, anyway.

• Likex1

Aruthra

Wizard
Characters
Thorolf
Platform
Android, PC
I though it was said u have 24 hrs from when u open the item not receive it?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
No, you MUST open the chest within 24 hours, or the chest will disappear.

Once you get the item from the chest it lasts indefinitely.

• Likex1

Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
Last edited
No, you MUST open the chest within 24 hours, or the chest will disappear.

Once you get the item from the chest it lasts indefinitely.
Yes, that was my understanding as well. I couldn't convince these players so I started second guessing myself.

Kaydee

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Yes, you are right, I think it was a redeem code, but I am also certain when I redeemed it, it plopped into our inventory, as a box of some sort, which was account bound, with a 7 day timer, and I distinctly remember being surprised when I clicked on it, and out popped a soul bound fancy box, with a 24 hr timer, effectively making it a box within a box. I simply assumed, with the items being legendary items, they would arrive the same way other legendary items did, in an account bound box with a 7 day timer.
Whichever, we'll see when they arrive, I just hope there's a way to delay that timer a bit.

Aruthra

Wizard
Characters
Thorolf
Platform
Android, PC
Feb 28th live stream notes quote
"Additionally, because everyone has been so amazing, each account will get 25 Crowns (this is in addition to the Crowns that AS members will get) + 1 legendary necklace chest and 2 legendary ring chests. (These work exactly like the legendary weapon chests - there is a 24 hour timer once you open it. DON’T OPEN IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO USE IT, and then use it within 24 hours). These are PER ACCOUNT. This is just an extra “thank you” bonus"

Reactions: Kaydee
  • Likex1

Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
Last edited
Feb 28th live stream notes quote
"Additionally, because everyone has been so amazing, each account will get 25 Crowns (this is in addition to the Crowns that AS members will get) + 1 legendary necklace chest and 2 legendary ring chests. (These work exactly like the legendary weapon chests - there is a 24 hour timer once you open it. DON’T OPEN IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO USE IT, and then use it within 24 hours). These are PER ACCOUNT. This is just an extra “thank you” bonus"
But then at 26:05 Cameron corrects what they were both saying and said, "Well it will just be in the inventory. The timer will start as soon as it is handed to them." When he said handed, he meant when the compensation appears in your bag. I think we need a dev to put their two cents in lol.

Kaydee

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Guys I'm going to bow out of this conversation, it feels like I'm in a weird kind of "tug-of-war" here.
I simply wanted to share what I do remember, as well as what I hope for. That's it. We'll see how it goes, when it goes.

• Likex1

Diet

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Sorry about the confusion! Here are the details:
  • When we do the compensation items, the items will all go into the your overflow bag. That's just how the code works.
  • Then when you login for the first time, the overflow bag will attempt to empty itself into your regular bags. For most people this will look and feel like the items went directly into your bags, since you'll never really see it in the overflow. But this is important, because...
  • Timers don't tick down while in overflow, but they do while in regular bags.
  • Basically this means that the 24 hour timer on the legendary chests will start ticking down the second you login for the first time after the compensation gifts are given out. Whether you login within an hour of gifts being given out, or you wait a few days because your busy, your clock will start ticking when you first login.
  • From the time the clock starts ticking, you have 24 hours to open your chest and get your legendary item. If you don't open the chest in that time frame, it is lost you don't get anything.
  • The legendary item itself (the actual necklace, not the chest that contains the necklace) lasts forever. There is no timer on it.
  • This ONLY affects the three legendary chests. No other compensation item has this behavior.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Sorry about the confusion! Here are the details:
  • When we do the compensation items, the items will all go into the your overflow bag. That's just how the code works.
  • Then when you login for the first time, the overflow bag will attempt to empty itself into your regular bags. For most people this will look and feel like the items went directly into your bags, since you'll never really see it in the overflow. But this is important, because...
  • Timers don't tick down while in overflow, but they do while in regular bags.
  • Basically this means that the 24 hour timer on the legendary chests will start ticking down the second you login for the first time after the compensation gifts are given out. Whether you login within an hour of gifts being given out, or you wait a few days because your busy, your clock will start ticking when you first login.
  • From the time the clock starts ticking, you have 24 hours to open your chest and get your legendary item. If you don't open the chest in that time frame, it is lost you don't get anything.
  • The legendary item itself (the actual necklace, not the chest that contains the necklace) lasts forever. There is no timer on it.
  • This ONLY affects the three legendary chests. No other compensation item has this behavior.
There were soulbound items wasnt it? how does the game pick which toon they go to?

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
There were soulbound items wasnt it? how does the game pick which toon they go to?
I believe every toon will get their own set of soulbound items.

Shadowcave

Wizard
Characters
Shadowcave, Shadowsmack
Platform
PC
Eki I'm not sure but I think they said all the 2nd tier stuff goes to all chars so each char gets the chests

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The Legendary rings and necklace are ACCOUNT BOUND (or more accurately, the chests containing them are) and each account will get one necklace and two rings.

I think the items from the chests will be soulbound, but the CHESTS are account bound. So regardless of which char they go to, you can send them to whichever of your characters you want to have the items, and open the chests using that character. (It's basically the same as the 4 part items from calendar just don't OPEN the chest before giving it to the character you want to get it.)

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
At 00:12:46 in this twitch stream Diet mentions the per character soulbound items that you will be getting.