Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited by a moderator
livestream_ivar.jpg

By popular demand, I will be livestreaming the continued progress on making the Highwayman outfit every Wednesday at 11AM PDT, starting tomorrow!

Anyone who is interested in watching can join in on the V&H Twitch Channel - or of course also watch the streams later at any date. :)

We will be looking at more aspects of how to make a V&H outfit in Maya and Photoshop, texturing tips and tricks, and more - as well as still getting you all to decide exactly how you want the outfit to look! For the most part, these livestreams will be the only time during which I work on it - so you get to see it develop in real time, hopefully in time for the new expansion to be released "before summer" ;)

(no worries though, if it takes much longer than expected to do it through these livestreams, I will finish it up well in time - no matter what, you will get the finished outfit in the next expansion!)

The livestream will be at:
  • 11am PDT
  • 2pm EST
  • 19:00 CET
  • 18:00 GMT
  • 15:00 BRT

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
If you are only going to work on it in the streams it might be good to open up some polls for the most wanted colours etc, then you can just quickly try those untill found something that works, instead of waiting for answer from a delayed chat all the time? Looking super forward to it!

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
If you are only going to work on it in the streams it might be good to open up some polls for the most wanted colours etc, then you can just quickly try those untill found something that works, instead of waiting for answer from a delayed chat all the time? Looking super forward to it!
Good point! What I'll probably do is spend most of the actual livestreams making things less up to community decision - for instance, say, the cloth folds of the cape - and then put a post-stream poll up with some of the quick-to-make specific decisions, like the color of said cape. Easier for people to get their input to count on a decision, and that way the streams themselves can focus more on the informative aspect. :)

Dawnfire

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
While I'll never work with the said softwares ever, I find it really interesting to have an in depth look of how these things come to life. What obstacles you need to beat, what are some common mistakes, and how it all connects alltogether in the end. Really glad you decided to bring it back, the previous 2 streams were great!

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
MysticFox
Platform
PC
Definitely put up polls for choices, there's no way to set a time when all can attend and probably not even a majority. The informative portion of the process can be watched though by the rest of us when we are able. It's been very interesting so far; Ivar is a great teacher!

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
You should make a bunch of obscure movie and game references throughout your livestream and see how many people can catch :p